4151 14 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134117 ft
Germany

Hey there together,

im new to this forum so i hope i dont post this thread in a wrong spot. If I do i will imediatly delete it and rewrite in the right spot

my Problem is the following:
I bought a new DJI Mini 2 this thursday. Overall I am very happy with the drone but realized that i have much noise (and flicker in my Videos and a little gimbal error at 00:34 but this can happen i guess?). I post an example under this thread. I set the camera on auto and 2,7k with 50fps. the lighting conditions were not the best but i think it was bright enough. Maybe i just need to adjust my settings. if you have any advise or help for me i would be really grateful.

PS: I also feel if I have some grain in my photos. I cant attch a sample cause its too big . And i have a WQHD (2.560 x 1.440) Monitor. Maybe thats important cause it seems that i dont have that issue that much if i watch the video on yt in 1080p.

Thx and have a good day,
Atre

Video:

2021-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Atre. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the issue you're experiencing so we'd suggest uploading a sample of the original video that has the captions in it either via DropBox or GoogleDrive to further check it. Thank you and looking forward to your response.
2021-3-22
Use props
Atre
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 00:01
Hi, Atre. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the issue you're experiencing so we'd suggest uploading a sample of the original video that has the captions in it either via DropBox or GoogleDrive to further check it. Thank you and looking forward to your response.

Hey Gamora,

thx for your quick reply. Here is a link to a google drive folder with some sample videos and photos (PNG and RAW): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IXZfWQyw3CPFWScFBX6hgGD-Pua5MSmM?usp=sharing

Greetings and thank you
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Atre Posted at 3-23 05:39
Hey Gamora,

thx for your quick reply. Here is a link to a google drive folder with some sample videos and photos (PNG and RAW): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IXZfWQyw3CPFWScFBX6hgGD-Pua5MSmM?usp=sharing

Sorry but the file requires permission to get access. Kindly make the file public so it can be viewed and downloaded properly. Many thanks!
2021-3-24
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

So that videos (at least from 2k7) even with only 100ISO and enough light when moving and many details on dark objects (e.g. fields, meadows ...) should be well known by now ?!

Some recommend an ND filter to slow down the shutter speed. As a result, the image could be "blurred" due to motion blur and thus cause less digital noise.

But who would want to accept a blurry picture because of that ?!

* A little * less sharpness when recording (NOT motion blur!) Could actually help - but THAT would be a task for the firmware ...
But that too has been discussed again and again until the flag is waved - maybe DJI will take care of the problem after all?
2021-3-25
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

If you play 2720 x 1530 video on a 2560 x 1440 screen simple math stands in your way because in this case there isn't a way to downscale without side effects. You could notice broken lines and other issues. Try watching your clips on a 4k screen without maximizing the player window.

Other than that I noticed noise and pulsating flicker that I can also see on both my MM1 and DM2 drones. This noise can be removed using NeatVideo, but I haven't find any solution for the flicker that is caused by the encoder. I already wrote about these issues couple of times, but other people doesn't seem to be bothered by this issue and DJI haven't commented on the problem yet.
2021-3-25
Use props
Atre
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 00:01

Hey, sorry i didnt realized that i didnt unlock the Link. Here is it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IXZfWQyw3CPFWScFBX6hgGD-Pua5MSmM?usp=sharing
2021-3-25
Use props
Atre
lvl.1
Germany

Tuxtard Posted at 3-25 07:20
If you play 2720 x 1530 video on a 2560 x 1440 screen simple math stands in your way because in this case there isn't a way to downscale without side effects. You could notice broken lines and other issues. Try watching your clips on a 4k screen without maximizing the player window.

Other than that I noticed noise and pulsating flicker that I can also see on both my MM1 and DM2 drones. This noise can be removed using NeatVideo, but I haven't find any solution for the flicker that is caused by the encoder. I already wrote about these issues couple of times, but other people doesn't seem to be bothered by this issue and DJI haven't commented on the problem yet.
Okay thanks maybe i try on another Screen. i just saw that i dont have that much noise in yt. that bit is fine. But when I play it natively in any Video Player the whole Video ist flickering hard
2021-3-25
Use props
Atre
lvl.1
Germany

ozoffi Posted at 3-25 04:45
So that videos (at least from 2k7) even with only 100ISO and enough light when moving and many details on dark objects (e.g. fields, meadows ...) should be well known by now ?!

Some recommend an ND filter to slow down the shutter speed. As a result, the image could be "blurred" due to motion blur and thus cause less digital noise.

Okay thx for ur tip maybe i can try to Turn down the sharpness with a program Afterwards. The flickering ist not that bad on the yt Video. But in a Video player its pretty much. Sorry for my english. My German keyboard on the smartphone...
2021-3-25
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

to  me that looks like some sort of aliasing due the mis-matched frame sizes of recording and display.
2021-3-25
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

As for moiré or the like, there are some reports ...
see: https://www.google.com/search?q= ... chrome&ie=UTF-8
But you also get this kind of effect with much better cameras and that has nothing to do with the resolution of the monitor.
As far as digital noise is concerned - this can be removed or at least greatly reduced with appropriate image editing programs. Of course, it would be better if it didn't even occur during the recording - which, among other things, could also be achieved with a little less digital sharpness (has nothing to do with motion blur!). What I mean by this is that the camera's software does not "re-sharpen" the image.

As I said, some recommend an ND filter so that you can lengthen the shutter speed in a lot of light and ISO100 in order to create motion blur that "blurs" the image.
I am not a fan of such methods. I want a razor-sharp picture at all times.

That's why I don't try to film in auto mode, but with manual setting and make the picture brighter than the automatic would do. This also minimizes the noise.
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Atre Posted at 3-25 12:19
Hey, sorry i didnt realized that i didnt unlock the Link. Here is it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IXZfWQyw3CPFWScFBX6hgGD-Pua5MSmM?usp=sharing

Many thanks and this is currently being reviewed by our team. Should there be any update, we'll let you know.
2021-3-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I believe Mini 2 has a very serious dynamic range problem which should have not existed to this extent given it's sensor/lens specs. That being said, I won't be sure (or be able to prove) until I can do side by side comparisons. I also recon because of this "uniquely  narrow" dynamic range, DM2 ends up pumping the ISO high even under reasonably lit circumstances causing all the extra noise..

PS: Mini 2 simply being underpowered for proper noise reduction is always a viable, alternative theory though.
2021-3-26
Use props
fans233013c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1081818 ft
Russia

Atre Posted at 3-25 12:19

I have exactly the same problem. So is this a production defect or all mini2 make such shots?
2021-6-10
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

fans233013c3 Posted at 6-10 17:49
I have exactly the same problem. So is this a production defect or all mini2 make such shots?

Well, I would say it's a hardware limitation more than a production defect, but yes, problem exists more or less on all Mini 2 devices.
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules