1114 4 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI FPV Park Sport/Acro Videos.  EIS, Distortion Correction, Image Roll all enabled.   I prefer to fly with Distortion Correction off at the Goggles.  I should try to see what it looks like with Image Roll Disabled next time as it seemed to have messed up the footage doing Split-Ss.

All M-mode 3-axis settings
Center - 100
Rate - 720°
Expo - 0.50

Camera Angle was varying between 0° and 10-20° for flight.  For fast forward flight (max throttle in Acro) it was 30°+.  Doing acro for me, anything beyond close to straight makes me confused and scared because the rolls are not twisting at the center.  People have their own style and I have seen people fly with massive degrees in indoor racing and doing it w/o issue.  With what I've seen they do, it really can be done but you have to set the M-mode settings to what suits you.

I didn't tighten the throttle screw.  I just cut the throttle myself.  If you cut the throttle all the way it's like Betaflight w/o Air mode.  If you leave some throttle then it's like Air mode.  Basically it stabilizes better when coming off the right stick under Mode 2.  If you are power looping or doing a Split-S you want to cut the throttle but if you do it wrong it's going to momentum continue slightly making it not look so "tight".

Imo, before doing crazy tight and low flights, find an open area like a Park, find poles and things to sweep then once you get good, start flying in tighter more dangerous areas otherwise if you don't know what would happen you would end up easily hitting something and something expensive.  It took some time to get familiar w/ what the DJI FPV drone will do on each mode so don't just copy it day 1 especially with no FPV experience and especially without any drone experience lmao.

I set loss of connection to Hover instead of RTH because it would take off underneath something if you lost feed/connection.  Set it back to RTH after you stop flying low and tight, especially over areas you cannot reach by land like over water.  Always remember to be mindful of your RTH set altitude especially if you are new.  Front right bottom trigger is how to stop low-batt RTH.  You are most likely going to use it often but remember to have enough battery to make it back. A #1 issue with low-batt RTH, it only gives you 1 seconds to cancel it from no warning and when requesting to cancel takes time so if you are just underneath something, it should hit it (destroyed drone).  DJI should fix this in an update.

I wasn't flying in Low-latency mode.  It feels the same as HQ mode but the Low-latency recording quality is worse.

The experience is theraputic.  It's a hobby worth getting into.  Sailboat RC was dumb.  Other things like Nitro are a headache to get working.  Ground/water vehicle RCs can be easily damaged upon impact or a crazy rollover resulting in lots of repair work.  DIY RC isn't built perfectly like DJI FPV where you get massive jello and other big problems that just make you want to wish you never ordered any of the parts.  Way back I wanted to get ready to get a drone in the air to film back in 2014-2016 but everytime I try to it broke.  Had to wait Weeks to get parts from China.  I didn't trust DJI back then because their drones were flying away often or had flip of deaths.  I got back in w/ the Spark and did bunch of jobs with the Phantom and the Mavic.  I trust DJI a lot as some of the stuff you fly over can be very costly if something were to go wrong but it puts out every single time.  Only thing I don't trust with DJI is how their low-batt RTH works w/ DJI FPV.  If you lose feed, then it takes time to reestablish, it goes to from hover loss connect to low-batt altitude RTH, it's going to hit something.  Need to be very mindful when flying low and tight w/ low-battery (forest runs).  It's not going to be 100% zero issue probability.  A switch on the controller as well as an LCD display to tell you it's status is what should've happened as well as a better battery connector for the goggles (battery side as if you move that a bit it will shut the goggles off requiring a battery restart but doesn't guarantee it will turn back on if it's not connected properly while your drone is in the air and you end up in a low-batt RTH situation underneath say a bridge or in a forest (time is ticking)) for the ultimate confidence but we unfortunately don't have that.  Everything else is well-engineered.  Just don't think it's 100% perfect intuitively enginereed lol.

2021-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most of your videos are marked as private.
2021-3-22
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-22 01:24
Most of your videos are marked as private.

fixed, my bad
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for sharing these cool videos you have filmed and for sharing these information as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-3-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep,  working now.  
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now