New Inspire 2 sent to me from DJI broken
1048 5 2021-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa2e65f0e
lvl.1

United States

I’m looking for some advice.

I sent my Inspire 2 drone to the DJI repair facility about three weeks ago for repair service. Repair took forever, finally got shipped back to me a couple days before a shoot in the desert. This “new” drone I got sent back to me from the DJI repair facility was “new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability”. This new drone had a different serial number then the one I sent in to them.
The first day I fly the new drone, out the box the landing gear was stuck and never went up, never went up in manual mode, I tried everything... broken landing gear on brand new drone. I was filming out in the desert when I flew this new drone. All firmware up to date. I had to activate it, sign in, start the warranty and everything to get it to fly.
My ProRes and cDNG license were also not on the new drone. I was also getting gimbal protection errors because of the new drones stuck landing gear.
I contract DJI about the new landing gear issue, they said for stuck landing gear I need to send the drone (that I just got from them days earlier) back to the repair facility. I had no choice, I sent it back.
Today I got an email saying this.

“Remark
- After carrying out the damage assessment, we found that your Inspire 2 has water damage. We would like to offer you a 15% discount and applied to this repair invoice. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.

The invoice is for $2115.65
in damages that they want me to pay for to fix the “broken landing gear”? On the new drone I was just sent.

First, the drone came to me new broke that was not up to performance or reliability standards, and two, I was in the Las Vegas desert when I flew this new drone after getting it back when I found out the landing gear was broke.  I don’t know how so much water could have got inside the Inspire 2 to cause water damage in the desert...

I’m also not sure why they are charging me for 1550T Quick-release Propeller’s I didn’t even mention when the landing gear was broken.

2021-3-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sometimes forum moderators may help to elevate your case since this is clearly the issue between you and DJI. Regular forum members are helpless in such situation ...
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to read your frustrations and thank you for letting us know about your situation. I was able to pull up the case number using your DJI Forum email. On our end, we'll have this forwarded to our designated team for further checking and assistance. Thank you in advance for your patience.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_liExuxrXW8oi
New
Flight distance : 19633 ft
United States

I just bought a brand new X5S Advanced kit and it was broken from factory
2021-4-12
Use props
fansa2e65f0e
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_liExuxrXW8oi Posted at 4-12 08:57
I just bought a brand new X5S Advanced kit and it was broken from factory

DJI is going to tell you that the X5S you received brand new from them was your fault and that you broke the X5S with extensive water damage and they can't fix it. I'm sure they will send you an invoice for the amount you paid to have it fixed...
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_liExuxrXW8oi
New
Flight distance : 19633 ft
United States

fansa2e65f0e Posted at 4-12 16:01
DJI is going to tell you that the X5S you received brand new from them was your fault and that you broke the X5S with extensive water damage and they can't fix it. I'm sure they will send you an invoice for the amount you paid to have it fixed...

The drone itself has a bent arm. It's never been lifted off of the ground. The propeller nearly touches the aircraft
2021-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules