False P3A error - Message stating I need to update RC Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danrschultz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285758 ft
United States

I have been getting this weird error from the pilot program stating my firmware is not up to date when in fact the firmware IS up to date (RC and P3A).  Well today I had the time to really track it down.  I found that if I powered down to P3A to change a battery I would get this error.   When this error occured other things were off as well.  The camera would only record <30 seconds of video.  I have been using a Lenovo TAB 2 A10 and thought maybe it was causing the error.  So, I got out my Samsung Galaxy S5 and had the same issue.  I found that if I powered down both the P3A and RC and restarted the Tablet or Phone AND powered on in the following order (RC/Tablet/Pilot App/P3A) I would not get an error.  The Pilot App and P3A and be started in either order but the key thing was to restart the tablet.  

Hope that helps someone.

2015-7-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Thanks for the info.
I alway go in the order of (RC/Tablet/Pilot App/P3A) so I have not seen this error.
2015-7-13
Use props
danrschultz
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-14 11:18
Thanks for the info.
I alway go in the order of (RC/Tablet/Pilot App/P3A) so I have not seen this e ...

I replicated the error by just powering down the P3A and change the battery leaving everything else untouched.  I am guessing something it not terminating correctly in the pilot app then when it reconnects an error occurs.
2015-7-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

You could try doing a hard shut down of the tablet. Or also try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Pilot app.
2015-7-13
Use props
danrschultz
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-14 11:36
You could try doing a hard shut down of the tablet. Or also try uninstalling and then reinstalling t ...

Currently I power down everything when I am going to switch battery.  If I power down everything then I do not get a firmware update required message.
2015-7-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

danrschultz@gma Posted at 2015-7-17 08:36
Currently I power down everything when I am going to switch battery.  If I power down everything t ...

Yeah, sounds like something is not terminating correctly as you said in your other post.

Did you try completely  uninstalling and then  reinstalling the DJI app?
2015-7-16
Use props
danrschultz
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-17 12:09
Yeah, sounds like something is not terminating correctly as you said in your other post.

Did you ...

I think I resolved the issue after going through some of the other forums.  First my Lenovo A10 Tab 2 was encrypted so I decided to set it back to factory defaults.  I then found these instructions:

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

I took my P3A out yesterday (went through 3 batteries) and the video was much better and did not get very laggy.  The pilot app did not crash and I did not get a firmware update message.  I only had one problem.  When taking a picture the camera was taking a very long time to finalize a picture.  I ended up closing the app and restarting.  This is not related to my post so I will watch for to see if it comes back.

When I reset my Tablet I did not load anything but the Pilot app and the above instructions.  I will be doing more this weekend and will report back.
2015-7-22
Use props
waitsmd
New

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-14 11:36
You could try doing a hard shut down of the tablet. Or also try uninstalling and then reinstalling t ...

I tried this myself (uninstalling and reinstalling) and it didnt change anything on my P3P
2015-7-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

danrschultz@gma Posted at 2015-7-22 23:15
I think I resolved the issue after going through some of the other forums.  First my Lenovo A10 Ta ...

Ok Thanks.
2015-7-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

waitsmd Posted at 2015-7-22 23:37
I tried this myself (uninstalling and reinstalling) and it didnt change anything on my P3P

I am not sure what else you could try at this point.
2015-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules