Timeline mission execution / Waypoint execution
608 2 2021-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jwEED1H9tUqt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, im currently designing an application and i have an important question.

The timeline execution is performed onboard the mobile device and then those commands are passed to the drone.

Waypoint missions are passed in full to the drone and executed from there.

When a timeline mission is executing does it pass a mission in full e.g. does it pass an entire waypoint mission to the drone flight controller or does it execute the mission step by step handing those chunks to the drone flight controller.

This question is important as the connection can be interrupted and id like to know how the execution of sequential missions is handled.

Anyone who has insight on this i would really appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance!

2021-3-22
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I'm not 100% sure if I remember correctly.

The timeline is executed in the app one by one.
If a timeline element is a waypoint mission, that mission is uploaded completly and executed on the drone.

I don't recommend timeline though, I never had any luck with it. It's hard to debug, better loop through the timeline in your own code, it easily done. Then you have full control. For example waypoint upload can sometimes fails, and have to be taken care of. If that happens in a timeline I think it just stops.

I do not know what happens with a executing timeline if the link goes down and up again.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_jwEED1H9tUqt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-22 07:18
I'm not 100% sure if I remember correctly.

The timeline is executed in the app one by one.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill keep that in mind I had originally considered something along the lines of writing a mission chaining system but that was before I discovered timeline missions exist.

What you mentioned makes sense I assumed it worked that way but wanted to hear it from someone else.

Very helpful.

Thank you for your response
2021-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules