1275 10 2021-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139721 ft
United States

Hello Everyone,

Friday March 19, 2021 my AC powered on by itself.  Battery was obviously left in the AC after a flight.  

I was searching around the forum and found post below:
Screenshot_2021-03-22 Mavic 2 Pro - DJI Products forum.png
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D567%26typeid%3D567

I posted a reply in the thread detailing the same experience:
Screenshot_2021-03-22 Mavic 2 Pro turning on by itself inside hard case .png

"This happened to me today.  My mavic pro 2 is sitting on the desk and  all of a sudden, the fan turns on and it lights up.  There's an option  in the smart controller "time to discharge" under the battery  tab.  After a certain amount days available in the options, 1, 2 or  3.  The battery starts to discharge to 65%.  In order to do this, the  battery needs to turn on.  I believe this is the case.  If the battery  is inside the drone and the battery turns on to discharge, the drone  turns on with it.  I would like DJI's opinion on my hypothesis."

*Can someone from the Dji team share some input on my theory as to why this may be happening?  I can see it's happening to other Mavic Pro 2 flyers as well.  Thank you!

2021-3-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Strange one, I have never noticed if my drone turned on when the battery entered self storage mode.  
2021-3-22
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 3-22 10:28
Strange one, I have never noticed if my drone turned on when the battery entered self storage mode.

I really hope a firmware update comes out soon!
2021-3-22
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

I have had batteries in the drone about 20 times now, where it has self discharging and never had the drone start by itself, but perhaps that is not a good idea? Hopefully DJI can give us an idea of how to find out what has happened, so that we all can learn for this and look out for it not to happen.
2021-3-23
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

kyalami Posted at 3-23 01:24
I have had batteries in the drone about 20 times now, where it has self discharging and never had the drone start by itself, but perhaps that is not a good idea? Hopefully DJI can give us an idea of how to find out what has happened, so that we all can learn for this and look out for it not to happen.

I stopped leaving my batteries in the AC.  After flying, they get charged and put in the bag.
2021-3-23
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-23 02:24
I stopped leaving my batteries in the AC.  After flying, they get charged and put in the bag.

Yes, I will stop doing this to from now on, just to be on the safe side. It does not hurt.
2021-3-23
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-23 02:24

That's not a good practise. If you don't intend to flight them soon, it's better to manually charge/discharge them at around 55%

You'll get a longer battery life in the long run.
2021-3-23
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

It happened again this evening.  I stopped flying at 7:20pm.  Left battery in AC with 20% life.  At 8:34pm, the AC is running sitting on the counter where I left it.  Any thoughts?
2021-3-25
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-25 16:41
It happened again this evening.  I stopped flying at 7:20pm.  Left battery in AC with 20% life.  At 8:34pm, the AC is running sitting on the counter where I left it.  Any thoughts?

Have you tried writing directly to DJI and asking them for advice? I guess it might not be possible for them to say what is wrong without sending the battery back to them or the whole drone. I see that some other people have had the same problem as well, but never got a reply from DJI either.
2021-3-26
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

kyalami Posted at 3-26 00:02
Have you tried writing directly to DJI and asking them for advice? I guess it might not be possible for them to say what is wrong without sending the battery back to them or the whole drone. I see that some other people have had the same problem as well, but never got a reply from DJI either.

No.  I always though that writing in the forum's was a good idea.
2021-3-26
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-26 09:47
No.  I always though that writing in the forum's was a good idea.

Yes I am sure its a good idea to start here. This way others will also learn something. But if no reply here, I am sure that the experts DJI could help. I am very intersted to learn about this myself.

2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules