Does Pixel 4a Work with DJI Fly App?
8159 8 2021-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Does anyone know if the Google Pixel 4a will work properly with any version of the DJI Fly app, required for the Mavic Air 2?  AT&T upgrades are forcing me to buy a new cell phone, the Pixel 3XL is too close to end of life, and the Pixel 4 and 5 are too expensive.  Since both the Pixel 4 and the Pixel 5 are on DJI's approved list, I suppose there's some hope... -- jclarkw
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jclarkw. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the Google Pixel 4a when flying these DJI Mavic Air 2. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device when operating your DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.
2021-3-22
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

I briefly had the Pixel 4a and it worked fine with the app.
2021-3-22
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DGCA3 Posted at 3-22 22:02
I briefly had the Pixel 4a and it worked fine with the app.

Thanks for that input!  Did you not like the phone for some other reason, or did you just upgrade? -- jclarkw
2021-3-23
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

jclarkw Posted at 3-23 05:54
Thanks for that input!  Did you not like the phone for some other reason, or did you just upgrade? -- jclarkw

On the 4a, I was getting random black screens that I couldn't get out of. I'd have to go into the root menu to get it back. It happened about 3 times in 2 weeks. I took it back to Best Buy. But I haven't read about it happening to others, so it doesn't seem to be a common issue. I guess I just got one with a glitch. I went back to using my Pixel 3a.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_k928q4ti2Ya2
New

France

Hi everybody, I'm sorry to the bad news. My mavic mini doesn't work with my pixel 4a.My mavic disconnect to the take off. Please Dji correct that problem.
2021-4-18
Use props
morninggrey
New
Canada

The app won't even start on my 4a 5g.  I didn't expect a new drone to not work with the most vanilla version of the most common operating system!
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_SeZjMGdowVAs
New
Flight distance : 282 ft
United States

I personally own a Googlr Pixel 4a and the DJI mavic mini.  I updated the Google Pixel 4a to android 12, downloaded DJI Fly App and updated everthing that the app prompted me to. I can confirm that the Google Pixel 4a is compatible with the DJI Fly App and the Mavic Mini. I must note that I haven't flown it outside yet as it's a horrible winter conditions but rather flown inside the house. Hope this helps some Google Pixel 4a owner.
2022-1-2
Use props
fansd072fcd3
lvl.1

United States

I own a Mavic Mini and a Pixel 4a. It worked fine until I updated to Android 12. Now DJI FLY app would only open and immediately close.  I see the DJI FLY app is no longer available from my phone on the Google Play Store. When will this be corrected?
2022-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules