Problem connecting Osmo 2 to computer
6437 6 2021-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gringa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
Brazil

I have problem connecting or maintaining connection of my Osmo Pocket 2 to my laptop - it happens almost every time I am trying to connect to download recent footage.

Issue 1

Usually Osmo connects and then during the download it suddenly disconnects. I am not touching or moving laptop or Omso and the connecting cable is stable. It just happens randomly.

Issue 2
My laptop doens't see Osmo at all despite it's connected. Osmo not showing "Accept connection?" blue button and saying on thr screen "Handle connected" yet my laptop doesn't see it as connected device.

I am using MacBook Air with OS Catarina.

2021-3-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Solution is to use card reader to transfer images. 100% reliable for me.
2021-3-23
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
Brazil

Marty Markoe Posted at 3-23 03:39
Solution is to use card reader to transfer images. 100% reliable for me.

Well, I'm not going to buy a card reader just ebcause Osmo has some issues
2021-3-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I assume you have checked the cable in use can transfer data, not only power? Some USB-C cables only provide power for powering devices or recharging their batteries. Though you probably have checked that out if you have found out it at least tries to start downloading the files on computer. Have you tested the cable with some other data-transfering device?
2021-3-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As far as I know, for instance the dual USB-C cable included with the Creator Combo version of P2 can only recharge the P2 and the wireless microphone, not able to do data transfering.

EDIT: This proved to be an partial misassumption - see below for more accurate info.

2021-3-23
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The dual charging cable supplied has a USB icon on one of the USB C plugs. When this is plugged into the P2 it can transfer data.
I have also seen the intermittent disconnection of the computer when connecting to my iMac. I found that if I closed down iMovie and other apps this did not happen.
2021-3-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

northaal Posted at 3-23 11:41
The dual charging cable supplied has a USB icon on one of the USB C plugs. When this is plugged into the P2 it can transfer data.
I have also seen the intermittent disconnection of the computer when connecting to my iMac. I found that if I closed down iMovie and other apps this did not happen.

I stand corrected. Seems like I had accidentally tested it with the wrong plug in Pocket 2. Thank you for the tip and for everybody else, apologies for my earlier misinformation.
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules