Update Mimo for Android 11 users
12Next >
12437 45 2021-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quinsta
lvl.1
Australia

Come on DJI this is a Mimo app issue that has been going on for over a year since the Android 11 was in Beta. We are now 6 months since the offical release of Android 11 and yet there is still not even a acknowledgement that the app is not compatible with Android 11. This includes Android phones that are on your compatible list for both the DJI Osmo 3 and 4. This is now false advertising as you state something is compatible and it now is not.

Is there an update on the way? Do we have an ETA of the release?

I think a lot of us are just dissapointed that we can use the full features of this device because of an app and OS compatability issue.
2021-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Quinsta. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The current version of the DJI Mimo should be compatible already with Android 11. Please check whether you're running the latest version of the DJI Mimo. For Android devices, please download the DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo then test it out.
2021-3-25
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4137 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 02:40
Hi, Quinsta. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The current version of the DJI Mimo should be compatible already with Android 11. Please check whether you're running the latest version of the DJI Mimo. For Android devices, please download the DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo then test it out.

This is not true!!!! It is not compatible with android 11 no matter what phone on the compatible list you are using.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanse8ab5425 Posted at 5-23 11:21
This is not true!!!! It is not compatible with android 11 no matter what phone on the compatible list you are using.

Can you provide us further information about your issue? Please let us know also what specific mobile device you're using and the current version of your DJI Mimo. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-5-23
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

I have used the 1.5.4 and I'm currently using 5.16. My device is Samsung Note 10+( Android 11) Time Lapse on 4k does not work. Motion Time Lapse on any resolution does not work. Dynamic Zoom does not work.( video stutters). All of this worked perfectly on my device when it was ANDROID 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-5-24
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Looking forward to your response.
2021-5-25
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Should I return my OM4 for service? Are you willing to admit that OM 4 does not work with Android 11? Do you have a solution? What should I do? You didn't respond anymore.
2021-5-27
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

I'm still waiting DJI Gamaro? Or are you just going to close this thread like many of you'll do in DJI?
2021-5-29
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

???????????
2021-5-31
Use props
iap3tos
lvl.1
Greece

I also have the same problem using a Xiaomi Mi 10 with Android 11 (OM 4 & DJI Mimo v1.5.16[205499]).
When the phone was at Android 10 Motionlapse and Timelapse 4k worked like a charm.
Please address the problem and keep us informed. It's not a good practice to ignore your customers.
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_JHypDJJIEG1F
New

United States

My phone cannot even connect with the osmo action at all wtf....
2021-6-2
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

We still waiting DJI Gamora!!!
2021-6-2
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

???????????????????????
2021-6-5
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Any other DJI Rep want to join in since we are being ignored by the current one.
2021-6-6
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Anyone out there???? Crickets
2021-6-7
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
2021-6-9
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Hellooo. !!!!!!!!!!anyone from DJI
2021-6-16
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Hellooo. !!!!!!!!!!anyone from DJI...
2021-6-16
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

I'm still here
2021-6-20
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

I'm still kicking and screaming DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-6-24
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

If this thread gets closed for commenting, please know that DJI failed to even answer my to my product issues and rather closed the thread to silence a failed product.
2021-6-24
Use props
Krakk3rJack
New

New Zealand

I signed up to say I wish I knew about the IOS bias with DJI products before I bought 2 of their products.
I'm going to sell my OM4 because the features and functions advertised don't work on android phones.
The loss of money will be less frustrating than having a hobbled device.
2021-6-27
Use props
Tedu
New
Germany

Same here. This is some serious bulls*** DJI... I took you for a proper company, that actually delivers on their promises.
I do want my money back.
2021-6-27
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Smoke Signals!!!! Can you see DJI?????????
2021-7-1
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

This issue is still here DJI. You aren't looking good !!!
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_Fgkh0UUxGviw
New

Russia

"make sure that the functionality of the DJI Mimo application on iOS and Android is the same,every user of the android system is waiting for this! we also want to shoot very beautiful videos, etc., but due to the software limitations of your product, this is impossible"
have you seen how many bad reviews are left on the play market just because people who bought not an iphone simply do not have 60fps shooting?
it is available programmatically and physically in almost all android devices, so why can't you make the same functions for android system users?
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_Fgkh0UUxGviw
New

Russia

"make sure that the functionality of the DJI Mimo application on iOS and Android is the same,every user of the android system is waiting for this! we also want to shoot very beautiful videos, etc., but due to the software limitations of your product, this is impossible"
have you seen how many bad reviews are left on the play market just because people who bought not an iphone simply do not have 60fps shooting?
it is available programmatically and physically in almost all android devices, so why can't you make the same functions for android system users?
2021-7-20
Use props
Keta
New

Germany

I also bought a Osmo 4 because I thought it will work with Android. But with the Mimo app the most promised functions are not working. Picture-Quality is bad, and the App is a usability-disaster. We bought it for vacation and endet in using it only without the app and instead only with the system-cam.

This App isnt able to use the full potencial of the hardware. I have to admit, it's really a suprisingly crapy piece of software.
Pls make an API so that other developers can try to implement this really good build piece of hardware into their often well done apps.

By the way: We have tried all our 4 Phones: Samsung S21, Samsung S20, Samsung S10e, Huawei P30. They all running on Android 11 and have the newest updates, except the Huawei

Its with every of this phone kind of the same. On all devices the app is kind of useless and extreme power-consuming, too. ... We tried also the iOS App with an old iPhone 8. Some things a really much better with the iOS app ... but come on !... dont advertise, that this product is for android, if this is not really true in very much cases.

By the way ...after vacation, we never wanted to use it again, cause its kind of pointless untill the mimo app is working or other developers find a way to controll the gimbal. ... Now, 2 moanth later: still no news.

And ... yeah, the kind of not answering to this guy, who tries to have an reaction from a company, which products he bought is hillarious ....

sorry for my bad english, I'm obviously a European ... cause, yeah DJI: We use mostly Android-devices here in Europe!

2021-7-22
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Well DJI are you atleast going to give us an answer after months of asking, or are we too small of a group here? I think a class action lawsuit will have you answering in no time.
2021-7-25
Use props
Boeran
New
Netherlands

Can I join in?
Hellllooooo DJI!

Give Android some proper support. I have a device that's on the list but just doesn't work (=
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_UUV5zcOxMXR7
New

United States

I have a Moto G7 with 4.5 Bluetooth and android 10 update my phone isn't on the list for OM4 Gimbal... My android phone worked with DJI Go 4 app with my Spark no problem too bad they can't get it together for the Mimo app.  Sucks I was going to buy 2 OM 4.  
2021-8-2
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

We are still here
2021-8-22
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Hello, we are here and alive!
2021-9-5
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

There is a new gimbal out and this was never fixed. Really!!!!!
How about you exchange them for us!!!!
2021-9-10
Use props
Keta
New

Germany

lol ... still no improvements ... you guys suck ! ... You guys realize, that your company is making less money, because of this silly decision to not let other developers use your hardware in their apps ... you don't make money with mimo ... so why keeping it? Spyware? It's the only reasonable explanation for me, now that we have to bypass the playstore ...
2021-9-21
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
United States

Still breathing
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_HjzZicd6yHcy
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 02:40

I tried the download and the QR code, but the software would not load on the phone. How can I get it downloaded?
2021-11-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_HjzZicd6yHcy Posted at 11-13 22:20
I tried the download and the QR code, but the software would not load on the phone. How can I get it downloaded?

Hi, there. You can download our DJI Mimo via our official website. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-11-14
Use props
mocky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33898 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 02:03
Hi, there. You can download our DJI Mimo via our official website. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

hi everyone
still confirm dji mimo v.1.7.6 is not working on android 11. samsung galaxy s 5. the app even not opens at all. its pretty boaring cause i can't realy use my osmo action and my osmo 3. i'm happy my mavic 2 zoom is not using the mimo app. this issu is a software problem of the app.
if there no fix for this issu in the sooner future, for sure I will have had it with dji and go for the gopro.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mocky Posted at 11-24 06:27
hi everyone
still confirm dji mimo v.1.7.6 is not working on android 11. samsung galaxy s 5. the app even not opens at all. its pretty boaring cause i can't realy use my osmo action and my osmo 3. i'm happy my mavic 2 zoom is not using the mimo app. this issu is a software problem of the app.
if there no fix for this issu in the sooner future, for sure I will have had it with dji and go for the gopro.

Hi, mocky. Sorry to hear about the issue you've been conflicted. Could you please give us a video of this issue to do a confirmation? You can upload the video to Google Drive/ Dropbox, so that we can download it. Thanks.
2021-11-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules