Vertical videos 9:16 show wrongly as horizontal 16:9
5446 4 2021-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

I shot videos in vertical orientation with DJI Pocket 2 (holding OP2 horizontally) strangely some videos on desktop show vertically & some (wrongly) as horizontal. Seems when I tilt down it goofs up the orintation so How does Pocket 2 sense the orientation?
So in future I take care & get all my vertical videos to show up vertically.

2021-03-23_094047.jpg
2021-3-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
Canada

We're you in Follow mode or FPV? My understanding is Follow keeps the horizon level while FPV tilts as the gimbal is tilted. Think a quick test will confirm the appropriate setting.

As an aside to this, I find vertical videos displayed on horizontal screens disturbing / confusing when published with opaque replicated side views used to fill up the horizontal screen.
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The video's orientation (vertical or horizontal ) is determined by the gimbal position when starting recording.

some reference:
2021-3-23
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Marty Markoe Posted at 3-23 03:36
We're you in Follow mode or FPV? My understanding is Follow keeps the horizon level while FPV tilts as the gimbal is tilted. Think a quick test will confirm the appropriate setting.

As an aside to this, I find vertical videos displayed on horizontal screens disturbing / confusing when published with opaque replicated side views used to fill up the horizontal screen.

Yes I was shooting in Follow mode, I will test it with FPV mode if that solves the problem.
Update:
FPV mode - tilts as I tilt in vertical mode (I should have used this mode)
Follow mode - tilts but limits the tilt to approx 15-20° not more than that. (Seems that limit caused the problem in my case)
Tilt Lock mode - locks the tilt in vertical mode keeping vertical as vertical
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_ltTdWyOLaj6E
New
Singapore

Ranjan Posted at 2021-3-23 05:14
Yes I was shooting in Follow mode, I will test it with FPV mode if that solves the problem.
Update:
FPV mode - tilts as I tilt in vertical mode (I should have used this mode)

Hi , For taking vertical pics or videos , do I need to follow the FPV mode ?
2022-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules