Mini 2 use phone or ipad? what happens if i get a call?
2769 6 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jedeye3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131378 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, i have the Mini 2 which is just a cool little drone... couple of questions re the use of phone or ipads.

I have always used an ipad mini because of the bigger screen, but from reading in the forums its best to have a mobile/cellular device for better GPS/RTH etc.  So if i was to use my galaxy s7 edge, and i was in flight and got a phone call what happens? does the drone just hoover in the air until you finish the call?

Thanks...
2021-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The remote will keep working so that you can fly etc but the call will appear on the screen and you may not be able to see where you are going,   Had this happen once and its not a good feeling.
2021-3-23
Use props
Jedeye3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 02:10
The remote will keep working so that you can fly etc but the call will appear on the screen and you may not be able to see where you are going,   Had this happen once and its not a good feeling.

Can imagine! that's what im worried about lol... ok as long at just hoovers etc and doesnt just drop down.... cheers.  

Out of interest, if the DJI Fly app crashes or the phone dies, what happens to the drone? does it do a RTH?
2021-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jedeye3 Posted at 3-23 02:18
Can imagine! that's what im worried about lol... ok as long at just hoovers etc and doesnt just drop down.... cheers.  

Out of interest, if the DJI Fly app crashes or the phone dies, what happens to the drone? does it do a RTH?

You can just restart the app.   But in the mean time the basic controls will work but some things like the fn key will not.
2021-3-23
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

Adjust RTH altitude according to the environment before takeoff.
Then when you get a call (since the controller isn't affected by the call) just press the RTH button on the controller, and answer the call.
If you did everything correctly, you can rest assure that the drone WILL come back and land without an issue.
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jedeye3. Good day and thank you for reaching out. In addition to this thread putting the mobile phone in Airplane mode while flying would lessen the interference like receiving calls and text messages while on flight. In addition, it is not necessary to put your device in Airplane mode but please make sure there is no such calls/text message or any notification that will interrupt you when using your device while flying your DJI Drone. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-3-31
Use props
Jedeye3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thats great thanks for confirming guys, appreciated
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules