932 6 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576260 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, im wondering if someone at DJI can help explain why my m2p drone was climbing at 4 m/s (nearly max climbing speed).on its own despite me pulling it downwards.

I have the flight viewer files. Would someone at DJI please take a look over these files?

GPS had no problems, and 17 sats were locked at the end of the flight.

Here's what I see in the data.

The problem first showed up at 2:06.8 when you tried left stick full down from 90 feet.
Despite full stick down, the drone climbed at approx 2 m/s and climbed to 150 ft.
You briefly tried pushing the left stick up, and the drone climbed a little further.

The first thing I look at with drones that won't descend is the VPS sensors, but yours look to have been working perfectly.
With the left stick in the centre position, the drone kept climbing.
At 2:34, with the left stick in the neutral position, it was climbing at 4 m/s (nearly max climbing speed).

The altitude sensor was working properly, and the drone recognised that it had reached the Max Altitude Limit at 400 ft and kept going without any throttle input.
The climbing kept going regardless of the drone's heading so that obstacle avoidance can be discounted as an issue.

At 3:14.7, the full down stick had some effect, and the drone descended 42 feet before it started to climb again (with no throttle).
At 3:40, the down stick again had some effect (30 ft), but by 6:46, the drone was climbing again despite the full down stick.

A problem seriously affected the drone's ability to hold altitude or respond properly to left stick input.
This was a genuine serious rare hardware fault, and there appears to have been nothing you could do to save it.
The number of times the "Excessive attitude angle detected forward obstacle avoidance has stopped working" message shows up is another odd thing, probably indicating more issues.
In P-GPS, the drone was frequently exceeding 30-degree tilt.

You lost signal at 5:25.8 with the drone up 1450 feet and blown backwards by the upper-level winds.
Signal was regained a minute later with the drone now in RTH at 2277 ft and finally lost again at 6:53.6.
The drone will have blown further until reaching critical low voltage, and (if things worked normally) it would have descended, possibly a couple of miles further to the northeast from where the signal was lost.

If the drone were less than one year old, this would be a warranty issue.
Even without the drone or wreckage, the flight data should be enough to prove the incident was a hardware failure.

2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. If the drone is still within the warranty period, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and apply for data analysis. The proper solution will be provided according to the data analysis result. Thanks.
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-23 05:28
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. If the drone is still within the warranty period, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and apply for data analysis. The proper solution will be provided according to the data analysis result. Thanks.

Ive had my drone for over a year, and it's no longer under warranty. but I still would like an explanation for my lost drone that cost me £1800 all in with fly more kit ect
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello, I've uploaded files and have had no response. Please reply and kindly give me an explanation for the flyaway, please.
2021-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd Posted at 3-23 11:02
Ive had my drone for over a year, and it's no longer under warranty. but I still would like an explanation for my lost drone that cost me £1800 all in with fly more kit ect

Sorry for the late response. I fully understand your situation and how you are feeling now, however, according to DJI's After-Sales Service Policies: "Please note that data analysis service will not be provided after warranty expiration". Thanks for your kind understanding.
https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-3-25
Use props
KuroKenshi
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello friend,
I came by your post and was a little confused by it... Because you mentioned you have the unit for over a year now?
But the warranty period for the Mavic 2 Pro including most DJI products, have a warranty period of 24months - 2years so if its still within this period you can still apply for a warranty claim, including data analysis.
As is stated on DJI's own website:
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_e08k81qRTMOd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KuroKenshi Posted at 3-26 01:48
Hello friend,
I came by your post and was a little confused by it... Because you mentioned you have the unit for over a year now?
But the warranty period for the Mavic 2 Pro including most DJI products, have a warranty period of 24months - 2years so if its still within this period you can still apply for a warranty claim, including data analysis.

Inmay have that wrong because DJI has let me knownits out of warranty
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules