DJI OM4 active track losing target
5178 10 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antoxa
lvl.1
Norway

Would like to create new thread because it seems like DJI support or moderator team is not reading comments to old posts.
Brand new OM4 and updated to the latest fw 01.00.07.20 and app version 1.5.4(android) . Active track is working very unstable. Sometimes losing target partially sometimes going totally wrong. Difficult to say what's going with gimbal. Tried both on Android Oneplus 8 pro and iphone 11 pro max - the same issue. This feature is so attractive and looks perfect on demo videos, but so laggy and performs very badly in real life so it's becoming very frustrating. Probably have to return this stuff since we got 14 days return policy and wait until it will be fixed. Or try another gimbal ) hopefully DJI support read this forum )
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Antoxa. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies for the experience. We recommend performing a calibration before doing another test of ActiveTrack. Also, please ensure that you're running the latest version of the DJI Mimo. For Android devices, please download the latest DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-3-25
Use props
Antoxa
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 02:59
Hi, Antoxa. Thanks for reaching out and our apologies for the experience. We recommend performing a calibration before doing another test of ActiveTrack. Also, please ensure that you're running the latest version of the DJI Mimo. For Android devices, please download the latest DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

OK, Gamora! Thanks for reply. Are there a lot of improvements in new version of app?
is it much more better Active Track? Why in Google Play Store is old app and is not updating automatically?
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Antoxa Posted at 3-25 06:44
OK, Gamora! Thanks for reply. Are there a lot of improvements in new version of app?
is it much more better Active Track? Why in Google Play Store is old app and is not updating automatically?

There have been some changes with the current version of the DJI Mimo but unfortunately, the latest version can no longer be updated via the Google PlayStore due to technical reasons.
2021-3-25
Use props
Antoxa
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 23:21
There have been some changes with the current version of the DJI Mimo but unfortunately, the latest version can no longer be updated via the Google PlayStore due to technical reasons.

Thanks for pointing to new version of app, Gamora. Actually, it didn't help much. In some cases it became ever worse since now when app losing target then begin gimbal rotate phone in different directions without reason - probably trying to find target but these move and rotation looks like totally random.
Sorry, but it's the same with both updated apps on Android and iPhone.

Hopefully you guys can fix it in the near future. Otherwise it's not the feature which can be used now.

2021-3-26
Use props
Duna.One
lvl.1
United States

Similar problem
Tracking loses me when I go further than 4-5 meters.
Why does it only track by face? You can also track the entire person at a great distance, as your drones do. Moreover, the tracking technology is the same as in drones: Active Track 3.0

I bought this stabilizer to shoot tricks in a skatepark, but tracking does not work, as I described above, and using a stabilizer for $ 150 as a tripod is very sad.

Also, the tracking sometimes starts to twitch: I stand still, and the stabilizer turns left and right, trying to put me in the center of the frame.
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_epx0bdlculF3
New

South Korea

Same here, do you guys working on it?
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_4y4QtED6uslY
New
United States

Same issue here. I'm on Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g. I recorded a 25 minute clip,, and got a call. Shut the clip off.. finished the call. And started up the app/clip again using
the front camera and it was losing tracking 22 minutes into a second 25 minute clip. Gave it a break. Tried again with the front cam, and it acted like it was tracking a ghost behind me, tracking allover the place. Disabled tracking and it was steady as a rock.

Gave it another hour break or so, and tried to record my dog with the back camera. Active track started spinning out the gimbal all over until target was lost.

No clue what the deal was... it worked fine the last month I've had it..

2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_MG3d7VfGFK0O
New

United States

Duna.One Posted at 3-27 11:37
Similar problem
Tracking loses me when I go further than 4-5 meters.
Why does it only track by face? You can also track the entire person at a great distance, as your drones do. Moreover, the tracking technology is the same as in drones: Active Track 3.0

I have the same issue. I am trying to use it for BMX. I face the camera and hold my hand up. It starts to track me. So I ride away to turn around and do a trick. By the time I turn around it has lost track of me. It appears to only track my face.

I wear a helmet also. It's totally useless to me if I can't get it to track me when I am not looking directly at the camera. I need to be able to ride back and forth, including away from the camera without it losing track.
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_x9y2k6hX9XHk
New

United Kingdom

Same issue, DJI OM4 tracking is hopeless. Move more than a meter away or even just move around, tracking loses it and turns away.
Also, when setting object tracking, it can’t accept instruction (frame on screen).
And, very frustrating that auto tracking assumes you want your face bang in the centre of the image which actually looks stupid, no matter how many times I reset the gimble to fit my face further up the screen so that my body or those of the group I am with will fit in the image but the gimble insists on resetting itself so our heads are centre screen and our lower bodies disappear off the bottom of the screen!!
Come on DJI - sort this out please! It’s not a cheap bit if kit, you want to be a premium product, provide software that makes sense and does the job please!
2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_mlJv9BKzmEJS
New

United States

This active track problem started on my OM-4 recently.  I hadn't used it for a while. Symptoms: with the unit sitting dead still on the table, with it locked on my face, with no movement from me, it would lose my face and start tracking all over the place and end up pointed at the sky. I contacted DJI support and referenced this thread. They had me send the unit in for repair, and sent me back a replacement (they said a button was not working right), but the replacement did the same thing---had the same issue.  I have to say, when I wrote back that it still did not work right, they were very responsive, with multiple people contacting me. But they seemed unaware that it was a widespread issue. I gave them links to this thread. Then after 4 days active track started working again, with no changes I know of to app or unit. Then 5 days later it stopped working again. Then I discovered if I reboot the iPhone--fully power it off and on, active track worked again. That's where I am now, it's working.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules