Using ALL of my IPAD Storage
730 1 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qyLG2qJtyAWC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

Maybe this has been covered but I cannot find a thread which does cover my need. I have a mavic pro and phantom 4. I bought an Ipad Mini 4 16GB yesterday. My basic system files take up 7gb, <1GB from my DJI Go 4 and UAV app installations and 1GB other junk that I cannot uninstall. What a dissappointment. After 13 minutes of flying all of my storaged was used up by "other system files".They are ALL DJI Go 4 files. I understand that the app requires the creation of files and I have no issue with that. 6.9GB of data after 13 minutes of flying is by any stretch unreasonably excessive however. For some reason, in all of the YouTube video and forum threads I read, no one mentioned that I should buy a 128GB. Maybe it is my fault, but I can say that I did read and watch a lot. I called DJI support 6 times today. My call was dropped two times. It is another topic I know but damn DJI, you really need to train your people. Good grief there is some ........ lack of talent on the phones. SO, what I came here to say is that since DJI is not offering any solution regarding options to point to something like an external drive for storage or some easy purge setting then

DO NOT BUY A 16GB APPLE PRODUCT TO USE WITH DJI GO 4.

I hope this saves some people some grief.

2021-3-23
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

I should say that I realize this is my mistake. I have been saving the video flights. I did go ahead and buy Litchi as my solution since it was a much lower cost solution that moving to a high storage capacity Ipad Mini 4. FYIW, I like the interface in Go4 better to be honest but appreciate the features in Litchi which do include much smarter logging and the ability to see logs with details of the flight that the Go4 does not offer. Go4 offers flight records that are nice but to get the most out of them it requires caching. Litchi saves the video and photo's in the apples photo directory so they can be easily managed. In the end however, I still say DO NOT BUY A 16GB Apple product to use with your drone. It creates more workk that anyone could possibly be interested in. Flying is labourous in Canada already. So I thought that I will just create backups to restore from when this little Ipad mini gets low on storage. Check out the useage difference. I installed and made two flights with Litchi and only installed Go4. No flights.

GO4Install.jpg
Litchi Install.jpg
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules