The Near Future of the V2 Goggles
1976 7 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys - As soon as I heard the DJI FPV release date, I sold my old but trusty DJI (white) goggles to a freind, since I knew the DJI FPV would come equipped with the new V2 goggle set. Regretfully, after my purchase, one of the DJI tech's advised me the new V2 goggles are primarely for the DFI FPV drone.  While my question might be a bit premature, is there any chance that DJI will incorporate new firmware to  include the use of the say the Mavic or Phantom 4 or Inspire equipment. The reason I ask is because on some complicated shots, the goggles can offer an advantage over the Crystal Sky. Regretfully, the footage off the DJI FPV for my work is not acceptable.

Finally, I noticed the V1 and RE goggles have almost disapeared from the market, could this a sign the new V2 goggles will soon support other DJI equipment, or would we expect a different goggle set for the general filming drones?

Thanks in advance! - Mike   

2021-3-23
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

No one but DJI knows if they will ever add support for the V2 Goggles to work with the other DJI drones.
2021-3-23
Use props
MCWH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100223 ft
  • >>>
United States

Highly unlikely as the Googles v2 use Ocusync 3 while the others that you mentioned use different protocols from Lightbridge to Ocusync 2.
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the new DEJI FPV. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-3-23
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Stephen,

Stephen thanks for the reply - I really feel they are firmware up-gradable, while the new V2 goggles are OS 3, there should be little problems since it's nearly the same RF emissions as OS 2 and nothing like the older Lightbridge system.

Mike
2021-3-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike...I've been flying DJI products for over 3 years now.  In my humble opinion (and experience).  I would say is is EXTREMELY unlikely DJI will incorporate new firmware to include the use of 'Legacy' DJI quads.

I personally, held onto my DJI FPV Goggles (V1).  Experience has just taught me there are always a ton of BUGs will newly released hardware and my V1 goggles were working flawlessly so for me it was a no brainier to keep them.   I'm also hearing a lot of people are having difficulty activating their V2 Goggles (or getting them into full FPV Mode).  
2021-3-24
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I think it's fair to expect the upcoming "DJI Air 2S" to have OccuSync 3.0 and be compatible with FPV Goggles V2, but I wouldn't expect any other previous drone to be supported.
2021-3-24
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RGM thanks for the reply - I agree except this would mean that DJI is getting out of the goggle business for their line-up since the RE and V1 are near extinct.  This does not make sense with the release of the DJI FPV drone and the nauseous Google users.  

It would be a no brainier to make the V2 compatible with any OSyn system. But then again, no one can predict DJI's future moves when it comes to this sport. I would have much preferred to see a new Mavic 3 rather than a the FPV drone.  Believe me, after all these morons pile these FPV drones into the ground 3-4 times costing  $3000 plus, this aspect of drone flying will go to the way side.  Not to take anything away from the new drone, but the DJI FPV does not fit into any market, you can't film with it and you can't race with the drone guys, so what's the point.

Bottom line, I can get "Roughly" the same shots as a FPV drone using a Mavic and a good monitor or one of the hundreds of mini drones avaiable. For DJI the FPV drone is a cash cow because when you pop these things you find the nearest dumpster, nothing is usable when you hit the ground at 90 mph.

Regards - Mike

2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules