DJI FPV Drone & Goggles won't record video?
11113 7 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

Recently received the new DJI FPV Drone and 2.0 Goggles and made sure they were using the latest firmware.  I ordered 2 micro sd cards (Sandisk Extreme 128gb U3).  Set the camera options to record on take off and also to record to goggles and drone (both).  Also formatted both SD cards using the format option in the goggles.  Flew it around for a little bit this evening and assumed I could watch what was recorded... found that the goggles only showed a "LOST.DIR" folder on the goggles SD card with nothing in it.  On the Drones SD card it has a DCIM folder as well as a couple other DJI folders, the DCIM was empty.
Not sure what else I need to do in order to record?  Do you need to press the record button on the controller in order to start recording?  I assumed once the drone was on it would automatically begin recording... maybe i'm wrong?
2021-3-23
Use props
fansb2de1521
lvl.1

United States

So I learned today that my Samsung card simply would not work for recording at all.  With a SanDisk card you press and hold the button with the red dot and if the card is good it will show recording in the goggles.  Took me forever as the Samsung card formatted but simply would not record or take stills.
2021-3-27
Use props
HardDrone
lvl.1
United States

fansb2de1521 Posted at 3-27 10:26
So I learned today that my Samsung card simply would not work for recording at all.  With a SanDisk card you press and hold the button with the red dot and if the card is good it will show recording in the goggles.  Took me forever as the Samsung card formatted but simply would not record or take stills.

Took me a while to fully understand that the DJI FPV drone and goggles do not come ready to record out of the box.  I had to press and hold the red record button on the goggles to toggle the video mode on which now will start automatically record on take off.  After turning the drone off and using it again the video mode is now permanently on and starts recording on take off.  I wish there was a notice when you turn on "Record on take off" to let you know if video is enabled or not or just ship the unit with video enabled as a factory default?

On a side note I am curious if you are able to broadcast the video from an apple device to an appletv to view what is shown in the goggles.  Most iOS apps allow the streaming capability from apple devices to the apple tv to view things, i'll have to play around and see if this is possible but would be great if DJI had this option from the Fly App.
2021-3-27
Use props
deve87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45338 ft
Norway

My DJI FPV drone and goggle won't record at all. Tried several SD card.  Currently using SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 UHS-I 3 A2 and still not working!! The goggles do not complaining about slow SD card or anything. Goggles show me a record time of 1h54m.. Activated "Record on takeoff" as HardDrone did, but still nothing..

Pressing the recordbutton on remote control once, makes the control beeb. Holding it down beeps twice.

Please help!
2021-8-7
Use props
Toffa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

deve87 Posted at 8-7 23:55
My DJI FPV drone and goggle won't record at all. Tried several SD card.  Currently using SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 UHS-I 3 A2 and still not working!! The goggles do not complaining about slow SD card or anything. Goggles show me a record time of 1h54m.. Activated "Record on takeoff" as HardDrone did, but still nothing..

Pressing the recordbutton on remote control once, makes the control beeb. Holding it down beeps twice.

any fix yet
2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

deve87 Posted at 8-7 23:55
My DJI FPV drone and goggle won't record at all. Tried several SD card.  Currently using SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 UHS-I 3 A2 and still not working!! The goggles do not complaining about slow SD card or anything. Goggles show me a record time of 1h54m.. Activated "Record on takeoff" as HardDrone did, but still nothing..

Pressing the recordbutton on remote control once, makes the control beeb. Holding it down beeps twice.

Hi there. I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. First, we recommend that you check the current firmware versions of the aircraft and goggles making sure the firmware versions are the lastest.

If the problem persists, you can upload goggles log and flight control data to us via dropbox/google drive, and send this link to us. And Please record a video of the interface of the goggles when the issue happens.

The way for exporting Goggles Log:
Open DJI Assistant 2, and connect to the goggles within 20 seconds. Then select [Log Export] and click Export to local;
The final exported data is a file in DAT format.

Flight control data can be exported to local via DJI Assistant 2 App

We will do further analysis based on these and solve the problem for you. Thanks for your support.
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_pS6rvCmojUHu
New

United Kingdom

today i flew my new dji avata, both the drone and the googles had sd's in them. the googles recorded but the drone didnt record anything. anyone have any advice? its fustratuing really
2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_pS6rvCmojUHu Posted at 11-11 11:37
today i flew my new dji avata, both the drone and the googles had sd's in them. the googles recorded but the drone didnt record anything. anyone have any advice? its fustratuing really

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the trouble you are experiencing. The storage may be set to save on the goggles only. To double-check, please go to your Goggles Settings>Advance Camera Settings>Record With. Please confirm if it's set to "Both", "Aircraft" or "Goggles" only. If it's not set to "Both", then set it correctly so you may see it both on the aircraft and the goggles and then test if the videos are still saved on the goggles only. If yes, then please check the storage path. Go to Settings>Camera>Storage. Please select your desired storage path. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules