Gimbal advanced setting for mini 1
619 11 2021-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJeff16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22224 ft
France

Dear Dji  , I'm owning a magic mini thince 24/12/2019 and i'm very pleased with this drone .I use it not so often , but it's size make it possible to take it every were, and I could transport it my rucksack during MTB turn around the Mont-Blanc .
I understand that without sensors , it's complicated for flying paths , but may be a quick shot of straight flight  of maximum 100-200 meters with a locked altitude  between 4 -20 meters could  be added?
Could it be possible to have the same gimbal advanced settings as the mini 2 , meaning cinematic , normal and sport settings in order to make it easier to film moving subjects?

Riding on the beach

Riding on the beach

2021-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJeff16. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-3-24
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

very cool idea!
2021-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2021-3-25
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Would be great.
2021-3-25
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Doesn't Mini have it from the beginning? Did You try it? Mini2 has this function first Since last firmware update.
Read this:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =232048&pid=2378076
2021-3-25
Use props
DJeff16
lvl.1
France

This is the advanced menu of the gimbal  settings offered to the mini 2 , and may be they could be added  to the mini
Of course the RTH function could be used for a straight flight but I think the drone will land automaticaly and not hoover when arrived at home , this is a problem if you are autofilming you and have left the remote control on the ground behind you  
35287E16-F60E-4383-952F-291E86CB95E9.png
2021-3-25
Use props
DJeff16
lvl.1
France

Mashroomhut Posted at 3-25 09:18
Doesn't Mini have it from the beginning? Did You try it? Mini2 has this function first Since last firmware update.
Read this:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =232048&pid=2378076

This is the advanced menu of the gimbal  settings offered to the mini 2 , and may be they could be added  to the mini
Of course the RTH function could be used for a straight flight but I think the drone will land automaticaly and not hoover when arrived at home , this is a problem if you are autofilming you and have left the remote control on the ground behind you  
2021-3-25
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Ok, DJeff16!
Flying path is one and setting gimbal is second thing. If You would like to be "tracked", Litchi offers two options. It could track the shape You select, but it doesn't work well (in my case). The second option is to track the cell device GPS coordinate. This work very well. You have to have in mind that MM doesn't have the Sensors to avoid crash.
Mini has Cinesmooth. I didn't use it for long time. Mini2 has advanced gimbal menu with 4 options to have more control over The behavior of the camera movement. Mini has only 2 options. Ok, to have more control is cool, but in my opinion not essential. Why it is not on MM? Hard to say. It could be implemented. +1
2021-3-25
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8796827 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Good idea! I actually wanted one every since getting the mini. The closest thing I could get to this would just be positioning myself and flying the drone in line with the path I want, then I would just use RTH so the drone will automatically fly the same straight path home and I can focus purely on controlling where the drone is filming at.
2021-3-26
Use props
DJeff16
lvl.1
France

Mashroomhut Posted at 3-25 20:34
Ok, DJeff16!
Flying path is one and setting gimbal is second thing. If You would like to be "tracked", Litchi offers two options. It could track the shape You select, but it doesn't work well (in my case). The second option is to track the cell device GPS coordinate. This work very well. You have to have in mind that MM doesn't have the Sensors to avoid crash.
Mini has Cinesmooth. I didn't use it for long time. Mini2 has advanced gimbal menu with 4 options to have more control over The behavior of the camera movement. Mini has only 2 options. Ok, to have more control is cool, but in my opinion not essential. Why it is not on MM? Hard to say. It could be implemented. +1

I would use a third app like litchi or drone link but I think they need a computer planification before.
I would prefer use the screen of my phone for planning the flight direct where I’m, but also for the moment I use  a dedicated  IPhone 6s for flying my MM, and think the third apps need a faster chip in the phone.
2021-3-26
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

DJeff16 Posted at 3-26 09:40
I would use a third app like litchi or drone link but I think they need a computer planification before.
I would prefer use the screen of my phone for planning the flight direct where I’m, but also for the moment I use  a dedicated  IPhone 6s for flying my MM, and think the third apps need a faster chip in the phone.
Litchi doesn't support missions for Mini. Yet.
For planning missions in Litchi You don't need a Computer. You can do it on the screen of your Phone. As far, as I know.
I'm using Litchi on my Android Huawei P30 lite. It is not super powerfull and it works fine. FPV, follow me, panorama. But to be honest, I prefere to use DJI Fly app. Litchi is just a gadget to Experiment with. Mini is a Flycam and I feel safer when I have the control over it.
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules