United States

So whats this mean ......
2021-3-24
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

looks like the "we listen to FPV Community" was just DJI getting intel to develop & release a new drone and now dropping it all.
as there is no more use for the few FPV peoples that run a Air Unit.

have the FPV community beta test it .. basically.
2021-3-24
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

sounds perfect for me and im glad they tested the market and the product before releasing their own drone. They are a flying camera company. Also you are full of speculation so maybe you are also completely wrong.
2021-3-24
Use props
Mino_FPV_SVK
New

Slovakia

Dear DJI, do you think that users of the DJI FPV system, I mean the real FPV community, will switch to your new drone? You did not understand the main idea of ​​the FPV hobby. It's not just about flying but also about modeling, soldering, improving. The ratio is about 70% building to 30% flying. I flew with analog video for years, so I was excited about the DJI FPV system. Finally, a reliable HD system with a beautiful range and, in addition, with the option of installing either in a quadcopter or an aircraft and with the support of iNav, Betafligt, Pitlab and other Mavlink support Autopilots. With the advent of googles V2 and ocusync 3, I hope to see the light of day and the air unit V2. But no, you've lost an amazing product idea. It is sad that you have pushed our community of FPV modellers to the sidelines and you are trying to attract people who probably cannot replace a light bulb at home. Please make another FPV drone on a carbon base so that after each strong impact I change the propellers not the whole arms. I did this when I started with quads and I printed the frames on a 3D printer. I firmly hope that you will not lose the DJI FPV system project and that you will continue it.
2021-3-24
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why do you think your V1 stuff will randomly stop working. Caddx has said they will continue to produce the vista, i think the fpv community as usually is jumping to conclusions and assuming they they are the core audience / market for DJI products.
2021-3-24
Use props
Mino_FPV_SVK
New

Slovakia

I had in mind the development and innovation of this product.
If DJI made V2 glasses, in addition to the DJI FPV drone, a V2 air unit with OcuSync3 could also come out. If it manages to produce caddx and responds to suggestions from the FPV community, I have no reservations about it.
2021-3-24
Use props
TomBau
lvl.2
Germany

@DJI no official Statment for the Community ??
2021-3-24
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

TomBau Posted at 3-24 10:03
@DJI no official Statment for the Community ??

They dont care about the FPV community.
2021-3-24
Use props
Drone Entropy
lvl.2
United States

Literally just bought the DJI FPV Combo BECAUSE of their digital system. I wanted their digital FPV goggles, and figured I'd throw the drone in there for good measure. Really hope they continue to produce their air units, goggles and radio transmitters...Got back into the hobby because digital looked so amazing
2021-3-24
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Drone Entropy Posted at 3-24 14:06
Literally just bought the DJI FPV Combo BECAUSE of their digital system. I wanted their digital FPV goggles, and figured I'd throw the drone in there for good measure. Really hope they continue to produce their air units, goggles and transmitters and radio transmitters...Got back into the hobby because digital looked so amazing

Its a good system for sure but dji is too big for FPV and what we really need. Someday someobe will produce something as good and we will switch.DJI will continue to sell his toy to the one who want drone toy
2021-3-24
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I too was upset when I saw the notice on the website, but looks like it's just bad translation and nothing is really going away except the old FPV combos that have been out of stock for almost a year anyway and the silly old 20mm camera that was made obsolete by Caddx Nebula Pro which is the same thing in a normal 19mm fpv camera package. You can still buy and they will still produce Air Units and Vistas, as well as Goggles V2 and FPV Controller v1. No reason to panic.
But yeah DJI should really do a better job of communicating this stuff.
2021-3-24
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Sounds like Air Unit V2 is on the way..
2021-3-25
Use props
Der-Jeti
lvl.2

Germany

I've had my combo for 2 weeks.  This news disappoints me extremely now.  DJI should comment on this.
2021-3-25
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Der-Jeti Posted at 3-25 03:34
I've had my combo for 2 weeks.  This news disappoints me extremely now.  DJI should comment on this.

They have.
163F59B0-C1C1-477D-8C76-7F2E0F6B2998.png
2021-3-25
Use props
ST8
lvl.1

Germany

DJI needs to learn clear communication.
This post desires to say: Airunits and Vista supply will continue - by Caddx.
The community will read: The post says that this stuff will only work with the V2 goggle. So DJI now screws the V1 owners.
2021-3-25
Use props
Darrin D.
New

United States

We as the FPV community really need better communication and clarification. I have a good amount of money invested in DJI FPV having bought 4 Air units and 5 Vistas. I know they probably don't want to share upcoming product plans but right now the communication is causing serious concern. The FPV community is a bit different than DJI other markets. We have the ability rebuild and reuse the components in our drones, so the lifespan of an active single product ownership might be longer than their traditional market. I'm happy with the Caddx Vista transmitter. I like to see the continued production of the DJI Aluminum camera as it superior to the caddx option. I would embrace an Air Unit v2 if it functioned with my v1 goggles.
2021-3-25
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

DJI, I've got my wallet out and ready to order a Air Unit V2. You just need to make it.
2021-3-25
Use props
fansaff2aff7
New

United States

for anyone who can work on their own FPV drone. CLOUDCITYDRONES.COM HAS REPLACEMENT PARTS IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THE PROCEDURES INVOLVED. IE14 FOR REPLACEMENT ARMS! NOT $259 TO HAVE DJI REFRESH HANDLE IT!
2021-4-5
Use props
Dan99
New

United States

Mino_FPV_SVK Posted at 3-24 07:39
Dear DJI, do you think that users of the DJI FPV system, I mean the real FPV community, will switch to your new drone? You did not understand the main idea of ​​the FPV hobby. It's not just about flying but also about modeling, soldering, improving. The ratio is about 70% building to 30% flying. I flew with analog video for years, so I was excited about the DJI FPV system. Finally, a reliable HD system with a beautiful range and, in addition, with the option of installing either in a quadcopter or an aircraft and with the support of iNav, Betafligt, Pitlab and other Mavlink support Autopilots. With the advent of googles V2 and ocusync 3, I hope to see the light of day and the air unit V2. But no, you've lost an amazing product idea. It is sad that you have pushed our community of FPV modellers to the sidelines and you are trying to attract people who probably cannot replace a light bulb at home. Please make another FPV drone on a carbon base so that after each strong impact I change the propellers not the whole arms. I did this when I started with quads and I printed the frames on a 3D printer. I firmly hope that you will not lose the DJI FPV system project and that you will continue it.

I just purchased the DJI FPV drone and it is has a perfect balance of features for what I want.  And, just for the record, I know how to change light bulbs, solder and fabricate.
2021-4-8
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

As as usual DJI Stephen has no comment on a thread that DJI Air Unit users actually care to hear real answers on.

And if he DOES reply, it will be blah, blah, blah, check our website for any updates.  This sucks.

Will there be an Air Unit V2?  
2021-4-8
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 4-8 08:43
As as usual DJI Stephen has no comment on a thread that DJI Air Unit users actually care to hear real answers on.

And if he DOES reply, it will be blah, blah, blah, check our website for any updates.  This sucks.

I'd say the probability of a V2 air unit is approximately 0. There haven't been any FCC filings on any new air unit and DJI isn't even making them anymore. So it's practically certain that further development on it has been discontinued. The Air Unit firmware has probably seen it's last firmware update already.
The third party that will take over making them is obviously Caddix, who has already publicly stated they'll be continuing making the Vista, etc. And I think they suggested even their own version of the Air Unit.

So just think of the answer as "no" to a V2 air unit. So just never update the firmware in your goggles and you should be good to go. And I believe Caddix said they'll start manufacturing again middle of this month, so maybe the Vista, etc., will slowly start to become available again. At least for a while.

That's what I'm doing with my V2's. They work now in digital mode so they're never getting plugged into a computer or smart phone ever again...
2021-4-8
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I still hope for a V2 by whoever, with 810p, Occusync3 etc,  probably wont know what they are planning as Caddx doesn't file FCC stuff anyway.
2021-4-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrootWhoopz Posted at 4-9 03:07
I still hope for a V2 by whoever, with 810p, Occusync3 etc,  probably wont know what they are planning as Caddx doesn't file FCC stuff anyway.

I'd love it too. The in-goggle video quality from the FPV drone is nothing short of amazing so it'd be great to have that support in an Air Unit.

But like I said the chances of that are near 0. Just revamping the firmware in the goggles alone doesn't make any financial sense for DJI, much less developing the hardware for it.

DJI's parts business has always been a side-hustle that they ditch as soon as the technology gets integrated into their turnkey drone solutions. So I don't expect the digital system to be any different. Maybe one or two more updates, if any at all, and that'll be it, is my prediction.

I'm thankful that Caddix will at least manufacture the existing units for a while. The question is how long, though, so once they start coming into stock, we better buy them by the pallate!
2021-4-9
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

Dji would probably never update the code anymore. At least they should make the code avaliable so that people can easily update the much needed: betaflight warnings display in osd, making the av input full screen (live view is windowed while the video playback is full screen. This does not even make sense, av video playback is much more immersive). Well we’ll see.
2021-4-10
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sendorm Posted at 4-10 13:01
Dji would probably never update the code anymore. At least they should make the code avaliable so that people can easily update the much needed: betaflight warnings display in osd, making the av input full screen (live view is windowed while the video playback is full screen. This does not even make sense, av video playback is much more immersive). Well we’ll see.
Well that’s what Betaflight is for And other open source efforts. But until someone else developes an ASIC SOC that gives competitive latency and resolution, DJI has us over a barrel for digital HD video, and we’ll have to keep using it.

DJI wants to take over the whole FPV ecosystem, not just the video part. So they will try to lock us into the whole thing. Meaning, I think they’ll push forward with the next versions of the FPV drone. In a year or so, it may be a really good product, kind of like the MP 2 which is a great camera drone, with a lot of the bugs worked out of it...

2021-4-10
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95781 ft
Spain

Drone Entropy Posted at 3-24 14:06
Literally just bought the DJI FPV Combo BECAUSE of their digital system. I wanted their digital FPV goggles, and figured I'd throw the drone in there for good measure. Really hope they continue to produce their air units, goggles and radio transmitters...Got back into the hobby because digital looked so amazing

Yes, this is a great drone, but it just came out and I ran into a problem, this is very important for all pilots, because it can happen to anyone!
2021-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules