Emergency Landing in Sand.
1984 8 2021-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satchit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1020479 ft
India

Hi, I had to perform an Emergency Landing as the battery was about to deplete. I could find no other landing space except for an unpaved (sandy) empty ground, so I decided to land. After landing, when I went to pick my drone up, The gimbal had sand dust particles (not sand grains/particles). The aircraft System Check showed no issues with any movement, so I am hoping that in future no problem will arise. How do a clean the gimbal after?
2021-3-24
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Wash it in hot, soapy water!

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

Try a Gentle air duster can of compressed air
2021-3-24
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

I did an emergency landing in the middle of a cow field with LOTS of cows (no bulls luckily).  I had to find the farmer to get permission to enter.  It somehow managed to not land on top of a cow patty as well.
2021-3-24
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Blow some air (1 bar max or less i'd say, like those rocket shaped blowers for cleaning camera sensors) locking the gimball in place with your fingers,  then clean it carefully with a piece of cloth and the lens with an specific lens cloth.

One of the first things you should learn when flying any drone (except the big ones ofc XD) is to takeoff/land in your hand, so you'll allways have a landing point no mater where you go.

I was afraid at the begining but now I do it even on windy conditions; I've done about 230 landings/takeoffs in my hand so far XD

PD: Never deplete the entire battery, whenever you are at 30-20% and realise you can't return home, search for a good spot to land and then walk/drive towards the landing position. Once you are close enough take off again and retrieve it.

That way you'll allways land safely and will allways be able to retrieve the drone without jumping fences or simmilar.

If you deplete the entire battery you won't be able to take off again, so be smart. While the drone is landed and with the engines turned off it doesn't drains much battery, so you'll have time to go nearby if you landed with 20-30%.

Also when doing long range allways return in green or at the first time the app promts you to return, that way you'll never have to walk unless you crash for some other reason.
2021-3-24
Use props
deepanshus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78891 ft
United Kingdom

i agree with other comments, learn to land on your hand, first thing i tried out and its not so difficult once you get the knack of it !!
My Query - Landing on Hand

I can take off very easily now... landing needs a little more flight time :-)

Also, what do you mean "emergency landing" ? is it the same as when drone says, force landing in progress?
2021-3-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

There is one neat trick about hand launching and landing: Always do it an arm's length right above your head. This way you can avoid almost all potential injuries...
2021-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Satchit. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You can try using a compressed air for cleaning and removing the sand on your DJI Mini 2. In addition, since the said DJI drone crashed before and if you feel that the drone is not preforming well on your future flights. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum for us to be able to assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-3-24
Use props
GoAsFarAs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132579 ft
United States

You got to take it a part, I did but later have few drips of Hawaiian salted water, and if I would disassembled right away and disconnect battery then really wash it all in alcohol or even tap water I would save it. It have shorts on microchips when salt water is dry.  
2022-11-18
Use props
GoAsFarAs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132579 ft
United States

This is way that worked for hundreds of drone users
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules