Two Apps connected to the drone
1638 11 2021-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v3Ph2bxhCji4
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,

I need to do some preliminary tests to evaluate the feasibility of an App.
But since I only have a Mini 2 available (not supported by the SDK), I'm not able to do that.

So I'm asking here what happens if two different Apps try to activate and then startConnection to the same product.
Is that allowed?

One of the two would only access to the FlightController state.

Thanks,

Lear
2021-3-24
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Only one at same the time works.
2021-3-24
Use props
twissmueller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55797 ft
Germany

One app is accessing the flight controller state. What is the other app doing?
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_v3Ph2bxhCji4
lvl.1

Italy

twissmueller Posted at 3-24 22:37
One app is accessing the flight controller state. What is the other app doing?

Controlling the drone.
2021-3-25
Use props
twissmueller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55797 ft
Germany

Why do you need two apps? You can do both with one app.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_v3Ph2bxhCji4
lvl.1

Italy

twissmueller Posted at 3-25 19:47
Why do you need two apps? You can do both with one app.

Because we was considering to create only ONE App, to do some interesting job for the user. But the user should be able to use any App he prefers to control the drone, the official DJI (DJI Go or DJI Fly) or any third party App that uses the SDK.
2021-3-26
Use props
DroneGal
lvl.1
United States

What do mean by "One of the two would only access to the FlightController state"  
Are you referiing to com.dji-protocol.

And one of the two apps is a DJI flight app ?

We are tryng to get an app running in the background with DJI-go / 4 running forground to get notifications
we've ony had partial success
2021-11-11
Use props
AR Labs
lvl.1

Italy

DroneGal Posted at 11-11 11:00
What do mean by "One of the two would only access to the FlightController state"  
Are you referiing to com.dji-protocol.

It means only reading flight status and
I'm referring do DJI SDK (https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/documentation/introduction/component-guide-flightController.html#state).

What do you mean as "partial" success?
Is it possible to access status with low-level protocol instead of DJI SDK?

2021-11-12
Use props
DroneGal
lvl.1
United States

AR Labs Posted at 11-12 07:42
It means only reading flight status and
I'm referring do DJI SDK (https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/documentation/introduction/component-guide-flightController.html#state).

We don't know yet , We still need two authenticate using the DJI SDK , after that we can query the port like any MFI device but I think we need the DJI session id and that we can't seem to get.

DjI is making this effort hard, bad documentation, inconsistent SDK's

For a company that is under scrutiny by multiple governments they are making it extremely hard to get telemetry or logs from the drones without creating a Flight app , using and external pc or mac or synching with the cloud .

Something that is forbidden for US government and law enforcement clients.

At this point I am so frustrated with DJi's lack of response to developer requests that it will serve them right if they are shut out of a large portion of the US market.
2021-11-14
Use props
DroneGal
lvl.1
United States

AR Labs Posted at 11-12 07:42
It means only reading flight status and

HI you seem to be doing the closet to what we are trying to do so I thought maybe you would have some idea what we are hiting.

For a big client that can't upload logs to dji in china and not allowed to install windows apps we are trying to come up with a way to run concurrent with DJI-go/4

We first tried to get the DJI sdk log, bt we could only get that when we ran foreground without go/4 running

Now we are trying to create our log LItche style with some success, only we get way less data when we run in the background with go/4 than when we run our app foreground or background without go/4 , we get each segment but not a the frequency of ourrence we expect.

Any thoughts, want to exchange notes , I can only tell you in public forum I wrote one of the major drone apps  but this has got me stumped.

Also some controllers are fully MFI compliant and some don't show even as accessories , strange , strange and more strange.
2021-12-22
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DroneGal Posted at 2021-12-22 14:40
HI you seem to be doing the closet to what we are trying to do so I thought maybe you would have some idea what we are hiting.

For a big client that can't upload logs to dji in china and not allowed to install windows apps we are trying to come up with a way to run concurrent with DJI-go/4

You can get all the data on android with the obfuscated middle layer. All info is in there, like rpm in the osd class. The dji loga are basically just a dumped OSD class, even the propeties name are thes same as in dji logs. Just a few lines of code and you there :-)
2022-1-4
Use props
DroneGal
lvl.1
United States

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 1-4 07:11
You can get all the data on android with the obfuscated middle layer. All info is in there, like rpm in the osd class. The dji loga are basically just a dumped OSD class, even the propeties name are thes same as in dji logs. Just a few lines of code and you there :-)

Thanks Android is easy its IOS we need .

Decoding logs is not a problem the issue is running aa app collecting events concurrently with Go/4
2022-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules