End up behind an obstacle. How?
1234 26 2021-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Once upon a time I wanted to end up behind an obstacle. Unfortunately, it was not successful due to the loss of AC communication with RC. Each time the drone would stop landing and return, even if I commanded the landing from the button on the screen. If you choose to lower the flight after signal loss, the drone will not land but hover after lowering the flight. Is it really impossible to land while losing the signal at the desired location? Is the home point change the only option?
2021-3-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I do not really understand your writing.

If an (big) obstacle is in between the RC and Drone, it will loose contact and after 11 seconds if will Return To Home.
After loosing full contact you can press any button in the FlyApp or on the RC ; your command will not reach your drone.

cheers
JJB
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Imagine a very very large bucket. You really want to fly into it and land inside. It doesn't matter that you will lose range a moment after you give the command to land. You want to land there and that's it. Unfortunately, you cannot, because the drone will always want to return after the loss of range. What to do in order to execute the landing command unconditionally?
2021-3-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

perhaps you are trying to fly your drone from your current location to your cabin about 3 miles away and you want it to land in your vast backyard.  however, you always lose the signal at 2 miles and the drone ends up coming home barely making it.  what do you do?  create a waypoint from point A to point B and command the drone to continue the mission after losing connection and at the end of the mission, simply land.....whooops, wrong forum. /s
2021-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is it really impossible to land while losing the signal at the desired location? Is the home point change the only option?
Your drone stops landing and initiates RTH because that's what it's programmed to do on loss of signal by default.

But (if DJI Fly is the same as DJI Go 4)  in your app settings you have three options for Loss of Signal action and can choose from RTH (the default), Hover and Land.

Change your Loss of Signal action to Land and that's what your drone will do when signal is lost.
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Perhaps it is a matter of incorrect translation, but I do not have: Land, just lower. In fact, the drone does not land, it only lowers the flight and waits for the signal to return. The application does not have the option to fly from A to B.
2021-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-24 22:46
Perhaps it is a matter of incorrect translation, but I do not have: Land, just lower. In fact, the drone does not land, it only lowers the flight and waits for the signal to return. The application does not have the option to fly from A to B.

It's not one of the simple flight controls on the flying screen.
You need to look in your app settings for Loss of Signal action.

Here is what it looks like in DJI Go 4.
In DJI Fly it might be similar.
LoS.jpg
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Thanks mate, but in DJI Fly it looks completely different. As below. Descending is not the same as landing.
134955inkmmhendh6hmdhf.jpg
2021-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you set it to hover,  once the battery is low it will then auto land.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I thought about that too. This is probably the only way out. This is crazy.
2021-3-25
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Oh! oh!, maybe another change on the way?
2021-3-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-25 00:56
I thought about that too. This is probably the only way out. This is crazy.

Question for you :  how sure are you that the your drone will loose contact precisely above the spot you wanted to land ?? (or hover and land at low battery )

2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

The discussion goes the wrong way. I just want to be able to choose what the drone does if it loses the signal. I have RTH, hang and descend hang. There is no landing option. In certain situations, I would like to have this option.
2021-3-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-25 01:50
The discussion goes the wrong way. I just want to be able to choose what the drone does if it loses the signal. I have RTH, hang and descend hang. There is no landing option. In certain situations, I would like to have this option.

Hi.
Questions:

I thought that RTH is that it returns to home and land? Also, would you choose where it should land?

When it is in descending mode, is that not when it goes down. Would it not eventually go down that much until it lands?
2021-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-25 00:01
Thanks mate, but in DJI Fly it looks completely different. As below. Descending is not the same as landing.

Descending is not the same as landing.
Really?
What do you think the drone does if it descends?
It's EXACTLY the same thing.

I thought about that too. This is probably the only way out. This is crazy.
It's not the "way out" at all.

Why pay attention to people that don't know what they are talking about?
I gave you the exact answer to your question already.

The discussion goes the wrong way. I just want to be able to choose what  the drone does if it loses the signal. I have RTH, hang and descend  hang. There is no landing option.
It's you that's going the wrong way.
You've been given the answer to what you've asked for.
Why is it so difficult to help some people?

2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

With RTH enabled, it will come back and land. On descent, the drone stopped above the ground and waited.
2021-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-25 03:06
With RTH enabled, it will come back and land. On descent, the drone stopped above the ground and waited.

I give up ... you just can't help some people.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Could someone explain to the gentlemen that it is not about landing at the home point, but far away. Some people should not try to help others because they are usually not predisposed to do so.
2021-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-25 04:22
Could someone explain to the gentlemen that it is not about landing at the home point, but far away. Some people should not try to help others because they are usually not predisposed to do so.

Hey moron ... You haven't understood a single thing I wrote.
Nothing. nix, zip, zilch.

I went to the trouble of answering your question properly, to give you exactly what you asked for.
No-one else here did, most couldn't even understand what you were asking for.

But after giving you the answer, clearing up your misunderstanding, making screen shot to make it perfectly clear, you still can't understand.

Could someone explain to the gentlemen that it is not about landing at the home point, but far away.
And since you seem to be having difficulty understanding the solution, I never suggested returning home and landing there.
What makes you think I did?

Some people should not try to help others because they are usually not predisposed to do so.
Some people shouldn't ask for help because they are too stupid to recognise a solution when it's given to them.
Enjoy wallowing in your ignorance, moron.

2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I am asking the moderator to remind this user. People with low manners are unnecessary on this forum.
2021-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 3-25 05:01
I am asking the moderator to remind this user. People with low manners are unnecessary on this forum.

You're a total idiot.
No appreciation at all when someone makes a significant effort to help you out.
Can't understand when you actually have the solution you asked for.

Go back and read my first post carefully.
It answers your question perfectly.
If you can't understand it, get someone else to explain it to you.

2021-3-25
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You can test Labroides suggestion.
In an open field set the loss of signal to lower and turn the remote off (a place were you can watch the drone).
This should answer your question and stop the back and fourth.
You asked, it was answered, test and let us know the results.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I tested it before I asked the question and it was as described. The aircraft stopped above the ground and would not land with the descend option selected. I thought that was the programming assumption of the programmer. Today, to cut through this pointless discussion, I went back to the tests. The situation was repeated as before, but now I turned on the RC and I received a message that landing was impossible due to the wrong landing place and to choose another place. I was in a meadow where I mostly fly. Thought the grass might be responsible for this problem. I chose the landing route and this time the drone landed correctly with no range and the descend option. This solves this mystery. It was enough for me to suggest it, not to use impertinent names. Thank you to kind and understanding people.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_DYNygzbCOXBZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148241 ft
United Kingdom

The instructions make it quite clear that you need clear line of sight for good connectivity. So this post is stupid and a complete waste of time
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

You might think this forum is a complete waste of time since you can't share your experiences there. Users have different levels of advancement and different problems. Let's stop being a problem for ourselves.
2021-3-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

My mama used to say to me when I was little, that, If you can not say anything nice, do not say anything at all.
2021-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 3-26 00:57
My mama used to say to me when I was little, that, If you can not say anything nice, do not say anything at all.

Fascinating.
Was she any good at analysing drone flight data?

What was her opinion of people who diss someone who goes out of their way to give accurate help when asked?
And finally confirm that the information was correct all along ... but couldn't be bothered apologising and thanking the guy who helped ?

2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules