RSC 2 with Canon XA40
4814 8 2021-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micheal Mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2005 ft
Canada

Canon XA40 has almost full motion with the sound controls and handle attached.  Only issue is where the Mic attachments are, although I don't see myself tipping the camera that far back in normal use.  

If I could get a standard LAN C cable that worked for the RSC2 or the camera functions were supported it would be perfect.  

Camera size (for anyone looking to try a camcorder) is approximately 5.2 x 7.1 x 9.1 in. / 131 x 180 x 231mm (including lens hood, mic holder unit and handle unit).  I also left the grip strap on the camera due to laziness, but it seems to have no impact on the setup. Weight is around 2.5 lbs. (1120g) according to Canon.

2021-3-24
Use props
vstrglv
lvl.2
Russia

Thank you very much for video! I'd like to know about Canon GX10 compatibility. Camera size is 150x97x267 mm without the grip strap. Weight is around 1335g.
2021-3-28
Use props
Micheal M
lvl.4
Canada

Not sure if the GX10 will fit as it is 35mm longer, the balance on the XA40 is very close to the centre of the camera and the base mounting plate is almost as far forward as it can go to balance.  I would guess it might be possible, but would be concerned about the battery / eyepiece clearance.  If you have a camera store nearby I would recommend testing first.  The RS-2 arm is about 1.5cm longer, so may fit - It really comes down to where the centre point of the cameras weight is.  At the moment there is no LANC support, so it would only be a stabiliser as the camera control does not work.
2021-3-28
Use props
vstrglv
lvl.2
Russia

Micheal M Posted at 3-28 07:34
Not sure if the GX10 will fit as it is 35mm longer, the balance on the XA40 is very close to the centre of the camera and the base mounting plate is almost as far forward as it can go to balance.  I would guess it might be possible, but would be concerned about the battery / eyepiece clearance.  If you have a camera store nearby I would recommend testing first.  The RS-2 arm is about 1.5cm longer, so may fit - It really comes down to where the centre point of the cameras weight is.  At the moment there is no LANC support, so it would only be a stabiliser as the camera control does not work.
Thank you, Micheal very much for reply! There is about 124mm from the camera back to the center point of the cameras weight if the battery connected. Unfortunately there is no a camera store nearby to test. I have to order  a camera by internet.
2021-3-28
Use props
fans098ac6b5
lvl.2
Russia

vstrglv Posted at 3-28 11:55
Thank you, Micheal very much for reply! There is about 124mm from the camera back to the center point of the cameras weight if the battery connected. Unfortunately there is no a camera store nearby to test. I have to order  a camera by internet.

I have tested DJI RSC 2 and Canon GX10 today. GX10 is too long for RSC 2, but it fits for DJI RS 2.
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_UsqyTTpDTHs4
New

United Kingdom

Michael, did you find any control cable for xa40?
2022-1-12
Use props
djiuser_UsqyTTpDTHs4
New

United Kingdom

2022-1-12
Use props
Micheal M
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_UsqyTTpDTHs4 Posted at 1-12 02:10

No way to control the XA40 at this stage.  DJI Support did say possibly in upcoming update, but not yet
2022-1-12
Use props
Claudio.Miani
lvl.1

Italy

Hi Micheal, I'll try to ask you about a problem with the Xa40. I connected it using the cable supplied with the Gimbal, to the rsc2, but once I turned on the camera and then the gimbal, it recognizes it for an instant, then disconnects it. Do you have any idea what I can do to resolve this issue?
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules