Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which editing program do you use for best results?
12Next >
4203 49 2021-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

i guys i am interesting which programm you use for editing videos for MM and MM2.

I look foward to answering

2021-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out Davinci Resolve, they have a free edition, otherwise FCPX or PP.
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM Pilot. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party software in editing your footages that you have filmed. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots on what editing software they are using and with regards to this matter. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-3-25
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I have CyberLink Power Director.
2021-3-25
Use props
Mashroomhut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

I use VN Video Editor on my Android mobile device. It is free!
Here sample:

On my PC I am using Video Deluxe from MAGIX. I had to Pay for it.
Here sample:
2021-3-25
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25338924 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, if you want to edit your footages on your mobile devices, you can easily use CapCut as full functional and fully free without any limitation or watermark. Here you can Download iOS and Android app. https://play.google.com/store/ap ... amp;hl=en&gl=US https://play.google.com/store/ap ... amp;hl=en&gl=US
2021-3-25
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 3-25 00:45
Check out Davinci Resolve, they have a free edition, otherwise FCPX or PP.

sounds nice thank you
2021-3-26
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

K6CCC Posted at 3-25 06:35
I have CyberLink Power Director.

thank you very much
2021-3-26
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-25 01:51
Hello there MM Pilot. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party software in editing your footages that you have filmed. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots on what editing software they are using and with regards to this matter. Thank you and please stay safe always.

which software is directly from dji?
2021-3-26
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Mashroomhut Posted at 3-25 09:27
I use VN Video Editor on my Android mobile device. It is free!
Here sample:
https://youtu.be/5jq-gObdJ1M

oh wow that are very amazing videos! also the editing looks great! Thanks!
2021-3-26
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

miniDrone360 Posted at 3-25 12:22
Hello, if you want to edit your footages on your mobile devices, you can easily use CapCut as full functional and fully free without any limitation or watermark. Here you can Download iOS and Android app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lemon.lvoverseas&hl=en&gl=US https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lemon.lvoverseas&hl=en&gl=US

looks great, thank you!
2021-3-26
Use props
Wolic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130046 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is a small overwiew of some programms and apps: https://www.dein-drohnenpilot.de ... fuer-drohnenvideos/
2021-3-26
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Wolic Posted at 3-26 01:41
There is a small overwiew of some programms and apps: https://www.dein-drohnenpilot.de/die-beste-videobearbeitungssoftware-fuer-drohnenvideos/

absolutely perfect,thank you very much!
2021-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM Pilot Posted at 3-26 01:30
sounds nice thank you

You're very welcome.
2021-3-26
Use props
Robban70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125453 ft
Norway

Hello MM Pilot. I have tried a lot of editing software, but i always come back to Adobe Premiere Pro. For me this is the least cpu heavy program, and it renders my videos like i want them. I think there are great free editors out there, but if you want to get it a step up, you definetly need to go for a subscription. Start slow, and make your move(ie)  
2021-3-26
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Have always used the Studio version of Resolve.
2021-3-27
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Robban70 Posted at 3-26 09:16
Hello MM Pilot. I have tried a lot of editing software, but i always come back to Adobe Premiere Pro. For me this is the least cpu heavy program, and it renders my videos like i want them. I think there are great free editors out there, but if you want to get it a step up, you definetly need to go for a subscription. Start slow, and make your move(ie)

awesome looks great,thank you!
2021-3-27
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Paul_ Posted at 3-27 00:51
Have always used the Studio version of Resolve.

alright thanks a lot
2021-3-27
Use props
Mashroomhut
lvl.4
Poland

miniDrone360 Posted at 3-25 12:22
Hello, if you want to edit your footages on your mobile devices, you can easily use CapCut as full functional and fully free without any limitation or watermark. Here you can Download iOS and Android app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lemon.lvoverseas&hl=en&gl=US https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lemon.lvoverseas&hl=en&gl=US
Thanks, miniDrone360!
Cap cut.
Today I've tryied it out. It has planty of effects, transitions, Video speed with curve (up to x10), Text effects, Video STABILISATION! It is almost perfect for fast and effective edit on mobile device. It could Export up to 1080p at 60fps.
It is Worth trying it out. Almost forgot, it is free.
2021-3-27
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Mashroomhut Posted at 3-27 23:06
Thanks, miniDrone360!
Cap cut.
Today I've tryied it out. It has planty of effects, transitions, Video speed with curve (up to x10), Text effects, Video STABILISATION! It is almost perfect for fast and effective edit on mobile device. It could Export up to 1080p at 60fps.

sounds very good!
2021-3-28
Use props
ShinyWerewolf
lvl.1
Thailand

My first post here  - got my MM2 last week. I normally use the built in windows video editor to do simple edits but there seems to be a codec problem as it does not work with footage shot with MM2 but I can upload the clip directly to YouTube. I tried to get a windows codec for H.264 (I think that is the codec)  - there are 2 for sale on the windows store  - one say it doesn't work and the has no review. I have tried using handbreak to convert the video but the result is a lower quality (I am not an expert on handbreak)

Did some research and GoPro Fusion Studio was recommended but it didn't work. Even DJI Media Maker didn't work   

I don't really want to buy an expensive video editing software and find that it doesn't solve the problem.
2021-3-28
Use props
Mashroomhut
lvl.4
Poland

ShinyWerewolf Posted at 3-28 23:19
My first post here  - got my MM2 last week. I normally use the built in windows video editor to do simple edits but there seems to be a codec problem as it does not work with footage shot with MM2 but I can upload the clip directly to YouTube. I tried to get a windows codec for H.264 (I think that is the codec)  - there are 2 for sale on the windows store  - one say it doesn't work and the has no review. I have tried using handbreak to convert the video but the result is a lower quality (I am not an expert on handbreak)

Did some research and GoPro Fusion Studio was recommended but it didn't work. Even DJI Media Maker didn't work   
Hi, ShinyWerewolf!
Did You try to install some codecs bundle like k-lite or xvid? As far as i know - it is free of Charge (and legal)
DJI Media maker is for panoramas it Support Pictures not Videos (from my experience).
2021-3-29
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Here's some history of my Video editing.

Way back in 1998 I purchased Sonic Foundry Video Factory I outgrew that pretty quick and moved into Vegas Video 1.0 in 1999. (for four years I was shooting my daughter's high school musicals with 3 and 4 cameras with a separate sound feed) I've stuck with them to this day. Sony bought them at one point. They kept updating and developing until 2016 when they were bought by Magix. They just released version 17. It's great, easy to use, and plenty of howto videos floating around with many many forums dedicated to the software.

I've tried Premier, it's great software but once you get hooked on something it's easier to just upgrade within that universe. Vegas has a couple versions, the home version is all you need. It's a onetime purchase, no subscription.

2021-3-29
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

I am using now davinci resolve 17. I think it is the best software for free, which we can get to edit a video from the drone,try it,it's good! Did anyone tried the dji media maker?
2021-3-29
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 3-29 08:00

Way back in 1998 I purchased Sonic Foundry Video Factory I outgrew that pretty quick and moved into Vegas Video 1.0 in 1999. (for four years I was shooting my daughter's high school musicals with 3 and 4 cameras with a separate sound feed) I've stuck with them to this day. Sony bought them at one point. They kept updating and developing until 2016 when they were bought by Magix. They just released version 17. It's great, easy to use, and plenty of howto videos floating around with many many forums dedicated to the software.

very nice thank you a lot!
2021-3-29
Use props
ShinyWerewolf
lvl.1
Thailand

Mashroomhut Posted at 3-29 08:00
Hi, ShinyWerewolf!
Did You try to install some codecs bundle like k-lite or xvid? As far as i know - it is free of Charge (and legal)
DJI Media maker is for panoramas it Support Pictures not Videos (from my experience).

Thanks Mashroomhut, I downloaded both sets of codecs and restarted my pc. Started a new windows video edit project and it worked fine.  DJI Media maker still does not recognize my DJI video file folder so I suspect you are right on that one as well.  

Here's a video clip of the Off-Grid House I built in Thailand to show it worked

2021-3-29
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

VSDC on the laptop/surface/desktop (windows 10) and LumaFusion on the mobile (iOS) devices.  Luma is so good I rarely use the 'pc's to edit.
2021-3-29
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 3-29 08:00

Way back in 1998 I purchased Sonic Foundry Video Factory I outgrew that pretty quick and moved into Vegas Video 1.0 in 1999. (for four years I was shooting my daughter's high school musicals with 3 and 4 cameras with a separate sound feed) I've stuck with them to this day. Sony bought them at one point. They kept updating and developing until 2016 when they were bought by Magix. They just released version 17. It's great, easy to use, and plenty of howto videos floating around with many many forums dedicated to the software.

i remember.  bet you were a big fan of winamp, too?  loved that llama.
2021-3-29
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

ShinyWerewolf Posted at 3-29 19:07
Thanks Mashroomhut, I downloaded both sets of codecs and restarted my pc. Started a new windows video edit project and it worked fine.  DJI Media maker still does not recognize my DJI video file folder so I suspect you are right on that one as well.  

Here's a video clip of the Off-Grid House I built in Thailand to show it worked

congratulation, looks very smooth. Do you use Litchi?
2021-3-30
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Porktree Posted at 3-29 19:40
VSDC on the laptop/surface/desktop (windows 10) and LumaFusion on the mobile (iOS) devices.  Luma is so good I rarely use the 'pc's to edit.

Cool, thank you!
2021-3-30
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

YOU are responsible for best results, not the editing software!

I am using FCPX, but check for Filmora.
2021-3-30
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

UweE Posted at 3-30 05:44
YOU are responsible for best results, not the editing software!

I am using FCPX, but check for Filmora.

nice! Yeah but the software is also very important, for example how many kind of transitions you have, if you need filter,how many and how useful they are and so on.
2021-3-30
Use props
ShinyWerewolf
lvl.1
Thailand

MM Pilot Posted at 3-30 03:07
congratulation, looks very smooth. Do you use Litchi?

"Do you use Litchi?"

No  - had the drone for a week, so complete newbie. Looked at the app description, but not too sure what it is - will look on YouTube for an explanation
2021-3-30
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-29 20:21
i remember.  bet you were a big fan of winamp, too?  loved that llama.

Built a standalone juke box with winamp.

Winamp? How about PKZIP or the state of the art GUI for PKZIP, Winzip?

I also used to hit computer shows trading shareware downloaded from dialup BBS.

Misty watercolor memories.
2021-3-31
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848524 ft
Netherlands

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 3-31 04:25
Built a standalone juke box with winamp.

Winamp? How about PKZIP or the state of the art GUI for PKZIP, Winzip?

Not to mention Norton commander!
2021-3-31
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

ShinyWerewolf Posted at 3-30 17:11
"Do you use Litchi?"

No  - had the drone for a week, so complete newbie. Looked at the app description, but not too sure what it is - will look on YouTube for an explanation

oh okay nice. I thought it was litchi because the footage is looking very good. So you used a quick shot (orbit modus) for this or controlled it manuel?
2021-3-31
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using Adobe Premier and After Effects for many years. They are very powerful and can do whatever your mind can think of. It not cheap though and its something to think about as far as how much you want to invest in this hobby.
2021-3-31
Use props
ShinyWerewolf
lvl.1
Thailand

MM Pilot Posted at 3-31 12:18
oh okay nice. I thought it was litchi because the footage is looking very good. So you used a quick shot (orbit modus) for this or controlled it manuel?

Just used a circle quickshot with the house at the center
2021-3-31
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Cavu Films Posted at 3-31 13:35
I have been using Adobe Premier and After Effects for many years. They are very powerful and can do whatever your mind can think of. It not cheap though and its something to think about as far as how much you want to invest in this hobby.

sounds good and also sounds like you did it a bit more professional.
2021-3-31
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Germany

ShinyWerewolf Posted at 3-31 20:25
Just used a circle quickshot with the house at the center

Ah okay thank you very much!
2021-3-31
Use props
12Next >