P4RTK wont start mission
3176 6 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GZvISq245iR5
lvl.1

Norway

I have a DJI P4RTK and have used it for about a year. I while back it started to act up. I start the app and go to plan 2D flight mission, setup the mission like always, make sure I have FIX and signals, and not in a restricted area. When I press execute, the drone starts and flies to the start of the flight path. At the start of the path it just stops mid air and hovers, it never starts to fly the mission. No warning messages or anything, it just hovers there at 0% mission complete. Only way out of it is to push Return to Home.
2021-3-25
Use props
Guille_Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

check dji geozones
2021-3-25
Use props
Norconsult
lvl.1

Norway

I use them frequently and fly commercially, there is no limitation in the areas I've been trying to fly the drone. After contact with DJI there seem to be a problem with the gimbal control.
2021-4-5
Use props
UAS
lvl.2

United States

We just started experiencing the same issue.  My initial reaction was the same with the gimbal.  It is acting limp and does not fly with lens parallel to ground from takeoff. Normally, once it arrives at the starting point of the mission it would turn the 90 (assuming setting properly) and begin flying.  Now the the gimbal angle varies at the starting point and it does not advance along the planned route.  I've checked the live feed from the camera and it appears jittery...almost like it's trying to get to 90 but can't (no obstruction).  Have done a gimbal calibration and IMU calibration and does not resolve issue.  The biggest issue is that it is intermittent and sometimes a simple power cycle will get it to perform normally....other times it won't work.  
2021-5-3
Use props
Norconsult
lvl.1

Norway

UAS@tecls.com Posted at 5-3 06:17
We just started experiencing the same issue.  My initial reaction was the same with the gimbal.  It is acting limp and does not fly with lens parallel to ground from takeoff. Normally, once it arrives at the starting point of the mission it would turn the 90 (assuming setting properly) and begin flying.  Now the the gimbal angle varies at the starting point and it does not advance along the planned route.  I've checked the live feed from the camera and it appears jittery...almost like it's trying to get to 90 but can't (no obstruction).  Have done a gimbal calibration and IMU calibration and does not resolve issue.  The biggest issue is that it is intermittent and sometimes a simple power cycle will get it to perform normally....other times it won't work.

I found out the issue with my drone. The problem was that the cable from the camera to the drone was offset and the camera sometimes got caught up with it, and when the camera/gimbal can't move freely it acts like you say jittery and it's unable to fly flight missions. It's currently sent back to the dealer for service.
2021-5-3
Use props
Yellow Rose
lvl.1

United States

I also have this same issue, sometime it flies with no issues and sometimes it goes to the starting point of the mission and just hovers. I did check my cable after seeing the above comment but it doesn't seem to be the problem on mine.
2021-6-8
Use props
Norconsult
lvl.1

Norway

Yellow Rose Posted at 6-8 11:38
I also have this same issue, sometime it flies with no issues and sometimes it goes to the starting point of the mission and just hovers. I did check my cable after seeing the above comment but it doesn't seem to be the problem on mine.

Mine just got approval from DJI to be repaired under warranty, they didnt say what caused it but I suspect the cable.

When you start up the drone, can you move the gimbal freely with the dial?
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules