Mavic air (waypoints- testing) DJI Staff please respond
880 7 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jwEED1H9tUqt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi apologies for the indescriptive title,

Ideally i would like someone who has personal experience or DJI staff member to contact me regarding this.

So i have a mavic air and i am writing an application which will implement timeline missions and waypoints. The software will later be run on Phantom 4's but whilst im developing the application i need a device to test on. Can the mavic air run this code will i be able to atleast test the software on it.

thankyou in advance.
2021-3-25
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Air has no waypoints, so no, you cant.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_jwEED1H9tUqt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you Mats Bohlinsson, I need to know then are the drones no longer listed on the website viable? would a mavic pro work? I need a reasonably cheap alternative to the Phantom 4 Until completion.

Ideally I need a DJI Representative to reply, I need this information before I can progress in my development.
2021-3-25
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mavic 1 works with sdk and waypoints. And mavic 2
2021-3-25
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 3-25 02:12
Air has no waypoints, so no, you cant.

Air have waypoint capabilities (air 2 don't)
2021-3-25
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

Mats Bohlinsson doesn't understand DJI drones. The Mavic Air 1 supports waypoint flight and you can use it as a full-fledged drone to test this feature. This is a good option and I did just that myself. But he has a low flight speed. The Mavic Air 2 is limited in functionality and there is no waypoint flight. You can also search online auctions for Mavic Pro Platinum.
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_jwEED1H9tUqt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Super pilot Posted at 3-26 00:51
Mats Bohlinsson doesn't understand DJI drones. The Mavic Air 1 supports waypoint flight and you can use it as a full-fledged drone to test this feature. This is a good option and I did just that myself. But he has a low flight speed. The Mavic Air 2 is limited in functionality and there is no waypoint flight. You can also search online auctions for Mavic Pro Platinum.

Thank you for your response, can the Mavic air also execute timeline missions?
2021-3-26
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

djiuser_jwEED1H9tUqt Posted at 3-26 01:16
Thank you for your response, can the Mavic air also execute timeline missions?

I cannot answer this question, since I have never used the DJIMissionControl class. And I can't check, because I sold mavic Air 1. But I think he supports it. Check before buying.
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules