1737 11 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

If I put the gimbal 90 degrees down (so it's pointing at the ground), when I move the drone the gimbal moves upwards slightly. So I then need to again adjust the gimbal downwards if I'm trying to take photos of the ground.

Is this something that happens to everyone?

Additionally I've got the top left button on the remote configured to recenter the gimbal. Pressing and double pressinng the button on the remote does nothing.

Thanks
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mavic2zoom-ch. Good day and thank you for reaching out. May we know if the said DJI Drone had a hard landing before? In addition when the said DJI Drone is flying forward against the wind, in order to resist the wind, the aircraft needs to maintain a larger attitude, and the gimbal is relatively easy to reach the upper limit position, which may cause the phenomenon of dropping down. It is recommended to adjust the gimbal downward or slow down the flight speed when flying forward against the wind. When flying forward in Sport Mode, since the speed is faster and the aircraft attitude is larger, in this case, the gimbal may easily drop down, you are recommended to adjust the gimbal downward or control the aircraft to smoothly to avoid a sudden change in speed.

2021-3-25
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-25 02:15
Hello there mavic2zoom-ch. Good day and thank you for reaching out. May we know if the said DJI Drone had a hard landing before? In addition when the said DJI Drone is flying forward against the wind, in order to resist the wind, the aircraft needs to maintain a larger attitude, and the gimbal is relatively easy to reach the upper limit position, which may cause the phenomenon of dropping down. It is recommended to adjust the gimbal downward or slow down the flight speed when flying forward against the wind. When flying forward in Sport Mode, since the speed is faster and the aircraft attitude is larger, in this case, the gimbal may easily drop down, you are recommended to adjust the gimbal downward or control the aircraft to smoothly to avoid a sudden change in speed.

[view_image]

It's almost new and has never had any hard landings or crashes.

I see what you mean about the tilting of the drone and the wind - it's the opposite to what you said, the gimbal pivots upwards but it's possible that was because I flew it backwards. I'll do some testing to see if it's a wind problem or a drone issue.

I understand this isn't something common, then.
2021-3-25
Use props
luipic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
Italy

Same behaviour with my mini 2.
Here is the fact:
Normally when the gimbal is down 90° the speed is very reduced in Normal and Cine and this beahavoiur does not occur.
But when it's windy, also a little bit, the aircraft does not reduce the power, probably to resist the wind and then the aircraft need to change attitude and when You stop or go backward the gimbal tilt by itself to aoround 71 to 73 degrees.
Sorry for my poor english.
Luigi
2021-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same on my Mini 2 as well,  Also happens when you stop,  it doesn't happen on my Mavic 2 Pro though.
2021-3-26
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks - seems normal then.

Doesn't happen on my Mavic 2 either, I assume as it's larger perhaps the gimbal has more room to move around and can compensate for the aircraft tilt? Who knows.
2021-3-26
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

I have the same issue. No hard landings ever. I fly in all 3 modes so I think it happens in all. I’ll pay attention to see if there’s a pattern.
2021-3-26
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same issue. I have 3 DJI drones
2021-3-26
Use props
JuNu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125837 ft
Spain

I'm having this issue in Cine mode, with very low winds (about 2 m/s), flying backwards and foreward, so, not totally sure it's a question of gimbal limits.
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_hqUHHgpeYFIt
New

United States

Just experienced this today. Gimbal abruptly pitched up approx 20 degrees from full downward position when flying sideways slowly while descending slowly simultaneously. Very slight wind. Brand new fully updated and calibrated mini 2. Not impressed.
2022-1-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's boils down to stemming from the limited rotation angles on the mini's gimbal. You also need to be aware that pointing the camera down can curtail flight AIR speeds and this can reduce its ability to fight the wind. The latter may have been addressed in either a firmware or app update but I am not sure, I keep the behaviour in the back of my mind as I do not generally up date,
2022-1-9
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Totally normal on the Mini2
2022-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules