One Thousand Miles on a Phantom 3 Standard
966 6 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Flying Litchi missions exclusively, AirData shows 1,000 cumulative flight miles with my Phantom 3 Standard, over the course of 220 sorties lasting a total of 56 hours.   This overall mileage covered has to be calculated, because AirData only records miles flown within signal range.  Fortunately, the total hours aloft is correctly noted by AirData, and with Litchi's nominal cruise speed known to be 17.9 mph,  computing total miles covered is simply the product of 56 hours x 17.9mph, equaling 1,002 miles total covered thus far with zero problems, knock on wood.

I must say I have been pleasantly surprised at the total absence of any mechanical or electrical problems thus far, considering that the Phantom 3 Standard is such an ancient platform compared to DJI's current drone lineup.

Anyone else out there seen this much mileage on a Phantom 3S?    No crashes thus far, and only one rough landing when I stayed too long indoors, only for the drone to execute an RTH landing on uneven ground, fortunately without tipping over.  Litchi's Mission Hub waypoint planning facility is without question mankind's greatest innovation, whose importance is surpassed only by the invention of the wheel.
Thousand Mile Mark.jpg.jpg
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Muttley7. Good day and thank you for sharing your DJI Phantom 3 Standard's amazing achievement. Again thank you for your support and keep flying.
2021-3-25
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Awesome !! Yeah
2021-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats.    That's a lot of miles flown on the P3 Standard.
2021-3-26
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

The longevity of the motors has been a pleasant surprise for sure, given that my previous experience with quadcopters had been limited to toy LOS craft that typically burned out motors every 50 flights, give or take.   This amazing resilience is not limited to DJI's Phantom lineup, because I did run across a Mavic Pro owner who posted the AirData page documenting over 7 thousand miles flown without any repairs to the drone needed.   

The non-OEM batteries have also held up very well, considering that I typically run them down to as low as 15% charge remaining, at the end of 6-mile round trips.  No battery replacements needed yet, and no decrease in flight time seen at all, with any of my three no-name batteries.
2021-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats!
2021-3-26
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4