FPV Goggles v2
2551 9 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Will DJI FPV goggles v2 work with the P3P?

If so, is there any advantage over version 1?

Thanks

2021-3-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I assume the P3P is Phantom 3 Pro?

From following this forum for a few weeks, I think I can safely answer no. The V2 goggles will not work with the P3P.

The V1 goggles wouldn't work with it would they?
2021-3-25
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 3-25 08:58
I assume the P3P is Phantom 3 Pro?

From following this forum for a few weeks, I think I can safely answer no. The V2 goggles will not work with the P3P.

Yes, Duane, P3P is Phantom 3 Pro; thanks for your response.
With the HDMI module added to the P3P, the version 1 FPV goggles can be used.
The v2 goggles are an advancement.
For me it is a question of whether the cost of goggles and the module are worth it; i.e., the v2 goggles cost $569 and the module is $119; therefore, over $700 with tax when the DJI FPV quad is only $1300.
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kyrvas. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. The DJI FPV Goggles V2 is equipped with a high-definition and low latency image transmission module, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 are specially designed for drone racing. It does not support the DJI Mavic, DJI Spark and other DJI Aircraft series. Thank you.
2021-3-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

kyrvas Posted at 3-25 15:05
Yes, Duane, P3P is Phantom 3 Pro; thanks for your response.
With the HDMI module added to the P3P, the version 1 FPV goggles can be used.
The v2 goggles are an advancement.

"For me it is a question of whether the cost of goggles and the module are worth it;"
I assume by "module" you mean the Air Unit?

Just to make sure you're aware, the Air Unit transmits video from a spefic camera. Another issue is the Air Unit has been discontinued by DJI. Caddix will still be making compatible units.

Both the Caddix device and DJI Air Unit don't transmit the same quality of video as transmitted by the FPV drone. There's also an issue with activating the V2 goggles if you don't have the new FPV drone.

In order to take advantage of the full video quality of the new googles, you really need the new drone to go with it.

Edit: I have a couple other non-DJI drones and fly all sorts of other RC aircraft. This new drone is crazy fun. The video quality is amazing. It's not going to take the place of a racing drone or a freestyle drone but in my opinion, this new drone is the funnest way you can spend $1,300 ($1,700 with the Fly More kit).
2021-3-25
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 3-25 20:02
"For me it is a question of whether the cost of goggles and the module are worth it;"

By 'module', I should have said the module that is added to the RC which allows HDMI connection to the v1 goggles.

Thanks for all the info on the Air unit and the video quality. My interest in goggles is only to see clearly what the drone is seeing; a recent crash of my P3P, with glare on the screen, during a manual return home has me rethinking screen visibility on a bright day.

The DJI FPV drone is tantalizing for the fun aspect and the digital in-goggle clarity, and range but my main interest is video quality; so, an DJI Mavic 2 Pro or its successor is in my sights.
2021-3-26
Use props
kyrvas
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-25 19:35
Hello there kyrvas. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. The DJI FPV Goggles V2 is equipped with a high-definition and low latency image transmission module, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 are specially designed for drone racing. It does not support the DJI Mavic, DJI Spark and other DJI Aircraft series. Thank you.

DJI Stephen - thanks for your response and clarification of the DJI FPV goggles design purpose.
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_277pDbv9SqTK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167612 ft
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 3-25 20:02

I do have the drone and the V2, both running smooth and without any problems, unlike so many others.
When I now order another airunit, a caddxkit, or some HD-BNF, do I have expect any binding and/or activation problems? I kind lost track with the whole issues.. .and since my stuff works...
Thanks for the information.
Imp
2021-3-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kyrvas Posted at 3-26 16:25
DJI Stephen - thanks for your response and clarification of the DJI FPV goggles design purpose.

Hi there kyrvas. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_8LEdbpHJKu4o
New

Russia

Hello, please tell me how to get rid of vertical stripes on the screen
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules