4564 5 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amitgv1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032493 ft
Germany

Hi,
Are you calibrating the compass before each flight?
In the manual it is written it should be calibrated every time you are flying if the distance from last time is bigger than 50km or if last flight was more than 30 days ago ( page 65 ).
Is it really necessary?

2021-3-25
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

personally I only calibrate it at the moment it is asking me to do it. But then I certainly do it...
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there amitgv1. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. DJI recommends to calibrate the compass of your DJI FPV in the following situations:
1. Flying at a location further than 31 miles ( 50 km ) away from the location the aircraft was last flown.
2. The aircraft has not been flown for more than 30 days.
3. A compass interference warning appears in DJ Fly and/or the aircraft status indicator blinks red and yellow alternately.
Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-3-25
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never calibrated it yet!

I only calibrate if the aircraft requests it, I have a Mavic 2 Pro which has never ever been calibrated and I have traveled all over the world with it.
2021-3-26
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Agree that you only need to calibrate the compass on any DJI drone when a) you fly at a new location a long ways away from where you last calibrated it (DJI says 31 miles which is kind of stringent but ok) or b) if the firmware says it needs calibrated. Note that it may not say it needs calibrated when it does, say, when flying at a new location.
Otherwise, no you don't need to calibrate before every flight at the same place and it should not be prompting you repeatedly that it needs it....
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_WhYBG6OGsmwc
New

United States

Hi. I have the same problem. I have to calibration every flight now with my Mavic 2 zoom. When I turn on the aircraft and the remote. My remote screen always say Mag Interference and Check App. But it goes away after I did compass calibration. Please help
2021-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules