A bit bumpy with the Canon 50mm on an 80d
429 0 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelMorganB
New

Canada

Hi Guys,
I just bought an RSC2 and for the most part its pretty cool! Ive tested it with the 18-135mm lense which gives great general results as it has IS in body and also with the gimbal looks pretty smooth AF

But because of course i am all about that bokeh when im doing product prep videos, i tried my 50mm lense on my 80d and have found the footage to be OKAY but not super stable as id hoped.

This is my first gimble so I am wondering if i am doing something wrong? I increased the deadband to 2 on PF but im not sure if theres anything else that can be done to help smooth things out a bit more? Is this normal? It felt generally a LOT smoother than handheld with the nifty fifty but also a little bumpy

I also noticed that sometimes when id engage in low pans or tracking from low up or using the 360 mode, sometimes one of the axis' would randomly flip over very rapidly and lock out. Is this normal?

Lastly, does anyone have any settings for super smooth shots? Im such a novice to a gimble but at the core i want to be able to get really smooth shots with lush, slow pans and tracks.

Many thanks in advance.
Mike
2021-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules