FPV Goggles battery Buzzing/Sounding like a harddrive.
2726 15 2021-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36860 ft
Australia

Is anyones Goggles battery pack making a buzzing sound? or electronic noises?
It seems to be functioning fine but when its turned on strange noises eminate from it.
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ApoIIo. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the concern you have submitted. If you could kindly, please upload a short video depicting the noise coming from the DJI FPV Goggles V2 battery. Looking forward to your response.
2021-3-25
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 23:42
Hi, ApoIIo. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the concern you have submitted. If you could kindly, please upload a short video depicting the noise coming from the DJI FPV Goggles V2 battery. Looking forward to your response.

Hello. I will attempt to video it shortly.
I first noticed it at approx 50-60% 3 leds lit. The battery had not completed a full charge cycle prior to using it.
I plugged it onto my goggles and powered them on.
A feint buzzing was coming from the battery that I could hear over the top of the goggle fans.
I finished with the goggles and turned them off.
Plugged the battery onto the DJI charger and let it complete a full charge.
I then tried it again. this time was less of an electronic buzzing and more the type of sound that would come from a HDD. It was not of a consistent frequency and fluctuated when the goggles drew more power IE fans.
It is feint but noticeable. I asked my friend who also has a DJI FPV if his battery is doing it and he said no sounds were coming from his battery.

Happy flying

Apollo.

2021-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ApoIIo Posted at 3-26 00:00
Hello. I will attempt to video it shortly.
I first noticed it at approx 50-60% 3 leds lit. The battery had not completed a full charge cycle prior to using it.
I plugged it onto my goggles and powered them on.

It could generate electronic noise which is normal. To further verify if it's within normal range, it is suggested to upload a sample for us to check.
2021-3-26
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

https://youtube.com/shorts/oJvNLqe32rg

Uploaded.
2021-3-26
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-26 01:11
It could generate electronic noise which is normal. To further verify if it's within normal range, it is suggested to upload a sample for us to check.

uploaded =)
2021-3-26
Use props
Jeerbear
lvl.1

Australia

Hi I have the exact same issue! Is this a normal thing? Was this resolved?
2021-3-31
Use props
correlatif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25466 ft
France

Same noise for me.
2021-3-31
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

Jeerbear Posted at 3-31 06:35
Hi I have the exact same issue! Is this a normal thing? Was this resolved?

Mine got much louder and started buzzing at 30% the battery life decreased massively over 3 uses.
i would get approx 30mins of up time.
I also had dead pixels in my goggles. after my drone threw up system sensor issues and gps issues i took it all back and got a warranty exchange. my new battery makes a  very feint electronic noise but nothing like my other one.
I will continue to monitor. I have a feeling DJI may have faulty batteries on their hands.
2021-3-31
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

if it gets louder you may notice decreased battery life. keep and eye and ear on it.
2021-3-31
Use props
Jeerbear
lvl.1

Australia

ApoIIo Posted at 3-31 16:48
Mine got much louder and started buzzing at 30% the battery life decreased massively over 3 uses.
I also had dead pixels in my goggles. after my drone threw up system sensor issues and gps issues i took it all back and got a warranty exchange. my new battery makes a  very feint electronic noise but nothing like my other one.

I had someone who I worked with have this exact same issue!!!
A dead pixel and then the sensor faults! What is the cause of the sensor faults? Did that have to do with the battery?
2021-3-31
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

Jeerbear Posted at 3-31 17:14
I had someone who I worked with have this exact same issue!!!
A dead pixel and then the sensor faults! What is the cause of the sensor faults? Did that have to do with the battery?

I don't think the sensor faults had anything to do with the battery or the dead pixels.
I was just listing all the issues I had with the drone.
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ApoIIo Posted at 3-26 01:50

uploaded =)

Sorry for the delayed response. We have this check and can confirm that this is within normal the normal noise range and there's no need to worry about this.
2021-4-1
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

ApoIIo Posted at 3-31 16:48

Hey Apollo, what color did the dead pixels had? I got my replacement unit yesterday (sensor system error)  and the new goggles showed yellow spots/marks during the first flight
2021-4-3
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Australia

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 4-3 07:24
Hey Apollo, what color did the dead pixels had? I got my replacement unit yesterday (sensor system error)  and the new goggles showed yellow spots/marks during the first flight

Dead pixels are a whitish/yellow.
When you first power up your goggles on the black DJI screen is best time to see them.
Sorry to hear that man.

Apollo.
2021-4-3
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

ApoIIo Posted at 4-3 14:28
Dead pixels are a whitish/yellow.
When you first power up your goggles on the black DJI screen is best time to see them.
Sorry to hear that man.

I will have to wait till tomorrow to contact my dealer, i hope for a second replacement.

I created a thread with photos of the goggle screen, is that what yours looked like?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=239408&page=1
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules