Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
300 + flights and save my life.
3825 12 2015-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6662490 ft
United States

Aloha,I'm really happy that I purchase the Inspire 1 this past December. I'm diagnose with terminal cancer last year and not sure when all will go lose but what I know is that with out this machine I will not be here today. Lots of medication make you feel better but are really pushing you to deep  depression. I was so focus on learning this machine that all the time I got was to understand all the problems and the incredible future of the beast. It for sure not for everyone and I see some issue like any product but thank you DJI for this complex machine that will always surprise you. I flying around 70% over water ( Hawaii) and have 300 flight ( over 8 min ) the other 100 or more don't count... if I count all of them is probably close to 400 or more. I change the propeller kit every 80 flights ( lots of wind in Hawaii) and all is really solid. The main problem is the helicopters, lots of them for the tourisms that are flying really low ( below 200 feet) but that make lots of noise and when I hear them I just go way as fast as possible and return when there are gone. I'm really happy I did find a really good hobby ( start with the Phantom 2) last year but not really useable in Hawaii. You can say expensive hobby but in my case really important expenses. I hope to continue to improve in learning and at the same time survive this disease  My wife start to like it and really enjoy as well. That good news hahahaha. Cancer isn't something you want to have but unfortunately one is 5 will have one day scary but trough. If you know some one with cancer maybe try to show this hobby, that work for me maybe some els will have the same result. Mahalo to All.
2015-7-14
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Keep it up and have lots of fun, thats whats really important, thats what keeps us all alive
2015-7-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Nice to read the Inspire gives you the drive to concentrate on something other than the disease you have been diagnosed with.  Having this aircraft will always give you the opportunity to get out and focus on something else even if it is only a small portion of your day.  Its the quality time that it gives you that counts, so safe flying my friend.

Now you have to get the Mrs involved and trained up as a full time Observer for you.
2015-7-14
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a Cancer survivor .Yes the I1 and P2+  has helped me to recover from my illness .It is the only time that I get one on one time and my mind is clear .My heart goes out to you and I hope there is away for you to beat it ,never give up and just keep flying .
2015-7-14
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ozren Posted at 2015-7-15 04:00
Keep it up and have lots of fun, thats whats really important, thats what keeps us all alive

i find flying with inspire quite "uplifting" and a positive bump in my spirits..my job is very high stress and this gives me an escape..i feel like i am in the plane watching the world from above ... it gives me whole perspective on the world... my other hobby is astrophotography...another amazing escape ...
2015-7-14
Use props
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

Hi Jacques, thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to you in a way, in that I was diagnosed with Stage 4B Hodgkins Lymphoma years ago. After many rounds of chemo, a stem cell transplant and radiation therapy, I am alive today and in remission. Never give up hope. I also found that one of the most important parts of my treatment was staying positive and trying to keep my mind in the right place, which is not always easy to do. I was distracted by things like playing a Tony Hawk skateboarding  video game with my brother, or monopoly was a popular choice. UAS's were definitely not a thing yet at that time, but I am certain that your I1 is the perfect tool to focus on something else. I sincerely hope you get well, and I am sorry that you are going through this, but keep up your positive attitude.
2015-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

What a wonderful story and testimony to all of us!! Thank you for sharing and many more happy flights over the beautiful island of Hawaii

Hope you beat the cancer with happiness of flight

Rich
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Great story! Very good to hear the Inspire and this hobby is helping you! I too love flying my Inspire! I have been in the hobby of RC flight for over 20 years and the Inspire is the most enjoyable and interesting craft I have ever flown. I have over 200+ flights. I love the challenge of the technology and photography/video. And I am not just saying this about the Inspire because I work for DJI!!!
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

I too hope that you beat this cancer! Stay positive and stay strong!!!
2015-7-14
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

300+ Flights !!!
Carpe Diem
2015-7-14
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Inspiring post from all of those who have/had cancer in this thread! Jacques, I'm glad you found this hobby and that both you and your wife can share it, and most important, share time together with this hobby.

My dad enjoyed watching me build foam models when I got started with RC. Unfortunately he died of cancer a few years ago. Perhaps he would still be alive if the doctor he had at first was competent. I'm sure dad would have loved to fly multirotors!

Take care, and fight the cancer!
2015-7-16
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6662490 ft
United States

Aloha,
Thank you for your kind word.. sorry for this late reply all go so fast  ...yes cancer is suck but the good new is that my Ct Scan and MRI  from last week show that all is ok and still no sign of reactivation... yea Miracle happen. I'm really happy because that the 2nd scan that show the cancer is not active at all.. that give me minimum 3 months to do anything I want without worry of this think... new way of life for my and my family. The bad new is that I send back my Inspire 1 for warranty and they send me a bill of $2K replacement.. I contact them but no news yet not understanding why is still working great just have some crack in the motor mouth and some rusty screw that I wish to have them change if possible. Well after I got this demand ( 2K) I contact them for a explication but nothing yet. I'm really worry that will take weeks or month like other... I may just call them and ask them to send my Inspire 1 back without repair and deal with them by phone or email.. Life is almost perfect hahah Mahalo from Paradise.
2015-10-19
Use props
nicely Done
lvl.1

Russia

Got tired of constant depression, maybe it`s because of my fails at work but decided to buy etizolam online, have heard it to be a good anti-depressant but the stuff seems to be quite expensive, does anyone know who may sell it cheaply?
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules