iPhone 12 Pro Max not compatible
4016 6 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob from Devon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14278 ft
United Kingdom

I am otherwise very pleased with my new DJI Mini 2 but I have a problem with intermittent video stuttering when playing back 4K video.
I contacted support today to be told that my IPhone 12 Pro Max is not a compatible device and when I checked on the support page sure enough it’s not listed.
I have read somewhere that merely because a phone is not listed it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will not work with the app and drone, the implication being that DJI have not yet concluded tests with the phone.
It looks like I am going to have to return the drone and get my money back. Before I do this does anyone have any other advice for me? Is a new firmware release in the making to overcome this problem?
I have tested the drone and recorded 4K video without touching any controls and the stuttering problem repeats. By that I mean that I recorded video  without moving the camera angle zooming or changing height. I view it in QuickTime on my Mac and the issue is pronounced.
Thanks for any input you may have.
2021-3-26
Use props
Bob from Devon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just a thought - why would lack of compatibility of my Iphone 12 Pro Max have any bearing on the quality of the video saved on the card attached to the drone? Incidentally my card is one of those recommended  its a Sandisk Extreme Pro 125 GB U3
2021-3-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iphone 12 Pro Max works fine for me.   I would suspect the SD card.
2021-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bob from Devon. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read your experience. We'd like to know if you're only running this issue when playing back 4K videos? Have you tried checking out a lower video resolution in order to narrow down the problem? If you have not tried, using a different video player might help. You can keep us updated.
2021-3-27
Use props
Bob from Devon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi DJi Gamora - thanks for your reply. I am just about to go out and try in a lower resolution: also I have a second card which I shall test to see if the problem is still there. So two tests this afternoon provided the wind drops here in Devon.
2021-3-27
Use props
Bob from Devon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just tested the camera with a lower resolution setting- 2.7K and its perfect - no shuddering or dropped frames.
I also compared footage taken previously on the drone in 4K which displayed pronounced shuddering and dropped frames: as a copy of the same footage is automatically saved to my Iphone in a lower resolution I compared one with the other. There was no evidence of dropped frames or shuddering on the lower res footage.
I have run the card though the Mac utility 'First Aid' and that does not throw up any problems with the card, which is on the recommended list of cards for the drone.
Would you recommend I return the Drone or can you think of any thing else I should try?
I will in the meantime buy a different micro card and try it out. I like the drove and I am reluctant to return it to Amazon but will have no other option if I cannot find a fix for the 4K problem.
2021-3-27
Use props
Bob from Devon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bob from Devon Posted at 3-27 07:57
I have just tested the camera with a lower resolution setting- 2.7K and its perfect - no shuddering or dropped frames.
I also compared footage taken previously on the drone in 4K which displayed pronounced shuddering and dropped frames: as a copy of the same footage is automatically saved to my Iphone in a lower resolution I compared one with the other. There was no evidence of dropped frames or shuddering on the lower res footage.
I have run the card though the Mac utility 'First Aid' and that does not throw up any problems with the card, which is on the recommended list of cards for the drone.

Resolved: I purchased another Mini 2 and observed the same issue - frames missing and choppy video in 4 K.
The problem is not with the Drone, it is with the playback app i have been using - Quick Time Player on my Mac. I changed the play back app to VLC and the footage is fine.
2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules