FAA Registration
9476 54 2015-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lyle
lvl.1

United States

mgsf@embarqmail Posted at 2015-8-25 01:37
We may have missed a thread here on the forum with the secret to getting a Bill of Sale (FAA Form  ...

We'll see what happens, but the lady I talked to at the FAA registration office indicated my Invoice from Amazon (where I bought our drone) would suffice for the Bill of Sale, etc. That's all I sent for that type of proof.
2015-8-26
Use props
sww60
lvl.3

United States

Lyle Posted at 2015-8-26 21:11
"DJI North America". I read a blog where "DJI" did not work, but that was when it was "DJI Innovati ...

Thanks, I just filed for my 333 exemption and will file for the N number this week.
2015-8-26
Use props
Lyle
lvl.1

United States

sww60 Posted at 2015-8-26 15:55
Thanks, I just filed for my 333 exemption and will file for the N number this week.

I just got my registration back from the FAA. Apparently the advice from the Blog I touted was wrong. Sorry that I passed on bad information. The FAA would prefer just "DJI" or "DJI Innovations" on the applications. I am wondering if it depends on who does the registration review.
Also, my Amazon receipt showed my Phantom 3 coming from RotorLogic. The FAA wanted to know the physical location of RotoLogic. I had to look RotoLogic up and even give them a call to find out where they are. Fortunately, they are located in California.
Again, the FAA was very friendly and helpful during my phone call. All I have to do is strike out the "North America" part on my application (even though it says not to, she (at the FAA) said it would be okay) and include a letter stating the address of RotorLogic.  I can see where people who buy directly from DJI China may have some issues.
So, once again, I am submitting the paperwork. Wish me luck.
My original paperwork was sent in August 19th and I received this letter from the FAA on the 31st.
2015-8-31
Use props
sww60
lvl.3

United States

Lyle Posted at 2015-8-31 17:21
I just got my registration back from the FAA. Apparently the advice from the Blog I touted was wron ...

Thanks for the update.  The FAA website now says to also submit a notarized statement with info about the aircraft including several items about the "engines". Did you provide that? and if so where did you find that information? (Manufacturer, Serial Number, Power Output? Model?) Thanks again.
2015-8-31
Use props
Lyle
lvl.1

United States

sww60 Posted at 2015-8-31 19:06
Thanks for the update.  The FAA website now says to also submit a notarized statement with info ab ...

Yes we did. Electric motor, no make no model no serial number.
I just got a letter today from the FAA regarding my registration. I didn't sign my letter providing the RotorLogic's address. (They are the U.S. importer whom I purchased my Phantom through Amazon).
Sheesh! Otherwise it seems to be going okay.
2015-9-14
Use props
sww60
lvl.3

United States

Lyle Posted at 2015-9-14 16:13
Yes we did. Electric motor, no make no model no serial number.
I just got a letter today from the  ...

Thanks, keep us posted.
2015-9-14
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

sww60 Posted at 2015-9-14 20:07
Thanks, keep us posted.

I am getting ready to apply for the "N". Did you have to call them to have them send you the AC Form 8050-1? If you can share any other tips, I would appreciate it.
2015-9-15
Use props
mdhomess
New

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-16 11:39
This thread has gotten a bit out of hand with all the legal opinions being offered for free.  
I hav ...

I got my 333 waiver. I have tried to contact DJI but without  response.Did you get your Certificate of Origin? How about your Bill of sale? Please share who you contacted or share your info with me. Thank you in advance.
2015-9-22
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

mdhomess@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-22 02:49
I got my 333 waiver. I have tried to contact DJI but without  response.Did you get your Certificat ...

Good Luck.  DJI Support tends to be not very helpful or responsive.
I contacted onlinesales@dji.com for a bill of sale and did receive a certificate of origin and two FCC license documents pertaining to my P2V+.  
FAA has also contacted DJI requesting certificate that it had not been registered in China.
I have given up on trying to get an "n" number for that bird.
2015-9-22
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

mdhomess@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-22 02:49
I got my 333 waiver. I have tried to contact DJI but without  response.Did you get your Certificat ...

I contacted onlinesales@dji.com for a bill of sale and did receive a certificate of origin and two FCC license documents pertaining to my P2V+.  
FAA has also contacted DJI requesting certificate that it had not been registered in China.
I have given up on trying to get an "n" number for that bird.
2015-9-22
Use props
mdhomess
New

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-22 10:34
I contacted  for a bill of sa ...

I purchased another Phantom 3 locally. Got my receipt, completed an 8050-,notarized 8050-88,notarized affidavit saying Manufacturers bill of sale not available ( invoice enclosed) where I purchased my Phantom
and got my registration N3330K within 2 weeks.
2015-10-18
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Look, I spoke with 2 air traffic controllers recently.  The FAA isn't going to go after small outfits flying in safe zones.  Get your 333, which shows you are being responsible and doing the right thing but don't worry about the pilots license.   The FAA isn't supplied with enough agents to travel all over this country trying to bust every little outfit trying to make a few extra bucks, UNLESS you are flying in restricted areas and putting others in danger.  I know what the FAA rules say, but with a million quads expected to be bought before years end, you have a better chance of hitting the lottery than the FAA coming to your door if you are being responsible.  
2015-10-20
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I charge thousands.... No 333 or anything. Nobody asks. Great side money and fun to do. In fact on the street once
Right outside  a new school district  junior high. Concrete footings are gong in. He saw my video. Ideas on my appl and cancelled their overhead work if.g fave them to him on the spot with no editing for only a few hundred bucks. They had to pool the money but we're happy as crap. Really fantastic for these steel worker guys ;.. They can put themselves on Facebook way up there.
2015-10-20
Use props
harleysue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47917 ft
United States

msoto Posted at 2015-9-15 05:20
I am getting ready to apply for the "N". Did you have to call them to have them send you the AC Fo ...

Go to your local FSDO and obtain a form. It's not downloadable. It has to be a hard copy, original, in duplicate. I just picked up one yesterday.
2015-12-22
Use props
harleysue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47917 ft
United States

Just curious, when you buy a P3P from a local dealer in the US, is the serial number listed on the receipt?
2015-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules