4183 6 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There have been a number of posts and videos about changing the FPV camera if it suffers damage.

There is a note in the manual that there is software to download once this has been done, a number of people have metioned that there is no information available from DJI about this step.

I have changed a camera over to investigate this further, it is not as simple as detailed in the videos but not impossible.

• After you have carried out the physical change over make sure you have a fully charged battery in the drone and a charged battery for the goggles
  • Power up the goggles and then the aircraft, the remote is not required.
  • Once the aircraft has established a connection to the goggles there will be a message in the goggles under 'Status' that the gimbal needs to be calibrated in the DJI Fly App
  • You can calibrate the gimbal in the goggles but this will not remove the message in the Goggles Status list.
  • Ensure your phone and tablet is connected to the internet - I used an iOS device for this as I don't have any Android devices, sorry.
  • Connect your phone or tablet to the goggles using the USB OTG adapter supplied and a cable from the OTG adapter to your phone or tablet
  • At this point the fly app will be displaying a picture of the DJI FPV drone, leave the App on this screen
  • After a number seconds a message will appear in the top left quadrent of the phone or tablet, this will be in Chinese, Half in white, two characters in blue
  • Basically it says in white - 'Camera requires calibration, battery must be at 30%', the bit in blue says 'Download'
  • Pressing the blue characters will start the update process,
  • A new Chinese message will appear that says the update is in progress do not power down goggles or aircraft
  • The blue symbols will take you to a progress page,
  • Once the progress gets to 100% the process is completed.

Thats it, intrestingly if the camera is changed back it does not request to calibrate a camera it has seen before.

DJI, you need to make sure that messages displayed in the Fly App are in the native language of the Fly App!

2021-3-26
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Great information! Thank you.
2021-3-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beta tester...   
2021-3-26
Use props
burhan_shahid
New

Pakistan

could you please share with me the calibration matrix of DJI FPV Drone i.e cx, cy, fx, fy, k1, k2, k3, k4, k5
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-2
Use props
djiuser_zAK37FwM5Pui
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31424 ft
United Kingdom