7387 2 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,
The RS2 is on the heavy side and I have been seeking a light weight tripod/monopod to improve handleability.  I have settled on the Suriu AM254 tripod/SL200 extension and wanted to write more about this setup for our user base.

The tripod/extension are the perfect length for use with RS2 and give me eye height shooting when using Active Track.  Then, if I want to walk around with the RS2, I can disconect the extension tube from the tripod base and add the DJI extended grip/tripod.  This gives me about 19" of extension below the BG30 instead of just the 5" with the extended grip/tripod.  The additional length allows me to better control the RS2/camera.  The only other assessory necessary to make this work is a male 1/4" 20 female 3/8" 16 bushing to accomidate the 1/4 20 male fitting on the extended grip/tripod and the 3/8" 16 on SL200 extension.

See attached photographs.

Hope this information helps others.

Don Barar

Tripod and Extension

Tripod and Extension

Extension and Grip

Extension and Grip

RS2 on Extension

RS2 on Extension
2021-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
2021-3-26
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Reply you are most welcome.  I think this is a better solution than 1) carrying both a tripod and monopod and 2) having convertible tripod where you can take off one leg to be a monopod.

Beside the weight of this Suriu kit I have assembled is less than 2.5 lbs

Don
2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules