USB support for MacBook Air M1
3877 13 2021-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sperl
New
United States

My Mini 2, when powered and plugged into my 13" MacBook Pro (Intel) machine, works great.

When I plug the drone into my brand new MacBook Air M1 (Apple Silicon), the drive never shows up.  Has anyone else reported this problem?

I am a Mac developer and will be reporting this bug to Apple as well.

Dave

2021-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sperl. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know if you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on your MacBook Air that is equipped with an M1 chip. If you do, currently it is not compatible but this has been forwarded already to our team as the HornDis driver requires to be rewritten based on the DriverKit framework provided by Mac OS Big Sur.
2021-3-27
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, May i ask if you have resolved this? I'm on the new iMac with M1 chip. Giving me all sorts of hassles with cards and drives...including making a Micro SD unreadable today...at least the common factor seems to be the M1. Curious to know please.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JP LEE Posted at 6-10 04:23
Hi, May i ask if you have resolved this? I'm on the new iMac with M1 chip. Giving me all sorts of hassles with cards and drives...including making a Micro SD unreadable today...at least the common factor seems to be the M1. Curious to know please.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers are working on this issue, you can pay close attention to our website for any update. And we recommend that you use another computer to install the Assistant 2 for temporary use.
2021-6-11
Use props
Sperl
New
United States

JP LEE Posted at 6-10 04:23
Hi, May i ask if you have resolved this? I'm on the new iMac with M1 chip. Giving me all sorts of hassles with cards and drives...including making a Micro SD unreadable today...at least the common factor seems to be the M1. Curious to know please.

JP,

I have not found a solution for this issue.  I plugged things back into my M1 Mac which now has macOS 11.4, but still no luck.  The device does not even show in the Disk Utility App.  The Mini 2 is a standard ExFAT file system so no additional software is be required.  I see lots of threads with users having issues with external drives including NTFS and ExFAT.  Hopefully this gets worked out soon.
2021-6-13
Use props
Sperl
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-27 00:19
Hi, Sperl. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know if you're using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on your MacBook Air that is equipped with an M1 chip. If you do, currently it is not compatible but this has been forwarded already to our team as the HornDis driver requires to be rewritten based on the DriverKit framework provided by Mac OS Big Sur.

This issue is with a Mini 2 on a M1 Mac.
2021-6-13
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sperl Posted at 6-13 15:18
This issue is with a Mini 2 on a M1 Mac.

Hi, spoke with Apple on this the other day. Bottom line seems to be that the M1 chip is causing a few headaches all round. I expected some bother but I didn't;t think it would be making my cards un-readable!! I'll work around for now but I hope it's sorted soon as I bought this machine (new iMac) solely to edit video on.
2021-6-17
Use props
vella25
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here have Dji Mavic Air2 and Installed Assistant 2 for magic running Big Sur on m1chip
2021-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vella25 Posted at 7-5 19:13
Same problem here have Dji Mavic Air2 and Installed Assistant 2 for magic running Big Sur on m1chip

Hi, sorry that the Big Sur system with M1 chip does not support DJI Assistant 2 as of the moment, our engineers are working on the compatibility.
May I know if you encountered any issues with the drone? I am here to help.
2021-7-5
Use props
More Than Dj
New
Flight distance : 19199 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. Start to be annoying
2021-8-31
Use props
More Than Dj
New
Flight distance : 19199 ft
United Kingdom

lately I have try to get my footage from internal memory on my intel mac it dose not work as well. Can we solve the problem ASAP
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_TLIoW5Hboqje
lvl.1

Canada

Same issue here... the remote does not get recognized nor display any entries in System Report...

Any idea if this will get resolved soon?

In the mean time I expect to receive my new iPad mini (lastest generation) when it become available early November.
2021-10-6
Use props
zabdiel1995
New

Honduras

que información hay sobre la compatibilidad de M1 apple  silicon & DJI ASISTANT 2  están retrasando nuestros planes de edición de video
2021-10-13
Use props
Bitfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198084 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 7-5 22:55
Hi, sorry that the Big Sur system with M1 chip does not support DJI Assistant 2 as of the moment, our engineers are working on the compatibility.
May I know if you encountered any issues with the drone? I am here to help.

Hi Susan,

Appreciate you letting us know the DJI engineers are working on it. Are you able to share an ETA on when an updated driver for M1 Mac's will be available? It appears the original author (jwise) of the HoRNDIS driver that DJI relies on for Macs  is unable to update their code as they do not have an M1 Mac to test with. (see thread https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/135)
2021-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules