Dronelink
7849 19 2021-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

I just purchased the premium package of dronelink, as they have released the MA2 in full support. What a great piece of work here from Dronelink. Very well done. I set up my first flight on the computer. Pulled up the app on my phone and whala! There is my first plan ready to fly along with several other "fx" or flight functions that dronelink has perset for you to incorperate. Fired up The MA2 and closed out dji fly, opened dronelink and it connected to the MA2 no problem. This is going to be fun. So much flexability.  Now I need the wind to settle.
2021-3-27
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great, hope you can provide a review of this app!!  Also do you have another app like Litchi, etc for comparisons?

I'm considering Dronelink soon and saw their "'hobbyist" premium plan the best.
2021-3-27
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

RobZilla Posted at 3-27 04:45
Great, hope you can provide a review of this app!!  Also do you have another app like Litchi, etc for comparisons?

I'm considering Dronelink soon and saw their "'hobbyist" premium plan the best.

Sorry to say I do not have litchi, or maven, or others. I did have autopilot when I had my mavic air and mavic pro. I loved it, ran on an ipad air2 flawlessly. These folks at dronelink are the same cats that did autopilot. There is a lot to learn here, and I'm watching the youtube tutorials now, to educate myself with the particulars of the software. I'll report back after a few plans have been run. I'd say go ahead and get the premium plan.
2021-3-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  I see they just released 2.2.0.
2021-3-27
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Thanks for the information, I just downloaded it for Android, I'll test it when it stops raining
2021-3-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks for reminding me.  i had free dronelink for the longest time until they turned us off.  not sure if i want to go back but now that ma2 is supported, will think about it.  let us know what you find please.
2021-3-27
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

I just completed 2 Mavic Air 2 terrain mapping test missions and I bow my head to the developers of the app. Everything went perfectly with the full version 2.2.0. The maximum distance from the start is 700 meters (such a mission). It is a pity that he did not take a photo in 48Mpix, despite such a choice in the settings, but the authors of the program will probably improve it.
I will do another test on Mini 1 and Air 1, we'll see how it will be.

DJI should be ashamed of the lack of waypoints, you misled the buyers.
2021-3-28
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

vg1 Posted at 3-28 07:29
I just completed 2 Mavic Air 2 terrain mapping test missions and I bow my head to the developers of the app. Everything went perfectly with the full version 2.2.0. The maximum distance from the start is 700 meters (such a mission). It is a pity that he did not take a photo in 48Mpix, despite such a choice in the settings, but the authors of the program will probably improve it.
I will do another test on Mini 1 and Air 1, we'll see how it will be.

Great! We're getting lots of rain and wind here so I'm grounded.  Can't wait to do some missions.  Did you write the mission you flew,  or get it from the repository? I'm wondering if you can alter the camera settings to 48mp. from the repository. Thanks for the update.
2021-3-28
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-27 09:32
thanks for reminding me.  i had free dronelink for the longest time until they turned us off.  not sure if i want to go back but now that ma2 is supported, will think about it.  let us know what you find please.

Will do! This is a hugely powerful program. To be honest, this will seriously upgrade our experience with the MA2. Seeing that DJI has cut out waypoints for this quad. Dronelink is serious about making this software so much more than a litchi, maven, knock off. Dronelink has gone to great lenghts to make this a community of users writing plans and sharing plans through repositories. You'll miss a lot of what Dronelink is about if you choose to to use it in a solitary manner. Not to say that is a bad thing at all, but the fact that Dronelink put so much effort in to making it so flexable and open is quite unique. Worth the 40 bucks to me. And add so much value to your purchase of  the MA2. Something DJI should have included for the money.
2021-3-28
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

VanzPix Posted at 3-27 09:21
Thanks for the information, I just downloaded it for Android, I'll test it when it stops raining

Awesome, Have fun watching all the tutorial videos. I spent the whole day long watching them, sometimes more than once to try to get it in my pea brain. There is a lot here. Keep us posted on your progress. Share your repository with us if you would like, after you get it built up. fun to fly a mission someone else wrote, that you can move to your location of choice.
2021-3-28
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

Took my first flight tonight. It worked flawlessly. I did a simple orbit I planed and sent it to the MA2. It counted down from 3 and off it went. I had it set to do nothing at completion. It stopped and hovered in place when done. I flew it back to me while looking at the screen in dronelink landed it, and came in here to type this. Sure is a strange feeling just standing there holding the controller while the plan you made executes. This is fun.
2021-3-29
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great feedback, thank you! Watching some of the YT vids now.
2021-3-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

JimDandy Posted at 3-29 14:04
Took my first flight tonight. It worked flawlessly. I did a simple orbit I planed and sent it to the MA2. It counted down from 3 and off it went. I had it set to do nothing at completion. It stopped and hovered in place when done. I flew it back to me while looking at the screen in dronelink landed it, and came in here to type this. Sure is a strange feeling just standing there holding the controller while the plan you made executes. This is fun.

yeah?  you should see waypoints where you send the drone off, outside the connection, bvlos, and then spend 10 minutes waiting for it to rth. i did that once with m2z, very strange.
2021-3-29
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

JimDandy Posted at 3-28 09:05
Great! We're getting lots of rain and wind here so I'm grounded.  Can't wait to do some missions.  Did you write the mission you flew,  or get it from the repository? I'm wondering if you can alter the camera settings to 48mp. from the repository. Thanks for the update.

There are ready-made scripts for mapping, you only enter the starting point, area, speed, altitude, line direction and what to do after completing the mission. Simple and very intuitive.
You cannot do mapping in 48Mpix because there is a limitation in the SDK introduced by DJI - not support 48Mpix during intervalometer.
Photos can already be in 48 Mpix.

After Pix4DCapture completely gave up support for DJI drones (curious why?), Dronelink is the best application.
2021-3-30
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Interesting, thank you for the information... I will have a look on it
2021-3-30
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

I am very happy that you are using Dronelink. I have been using it since the beta version for Mavic Air 2. You can also create your own functions with the elite version and execute them on the fly.
By now I was tired of asking the DJI to activate waypoints.
Sure, it works with Virtual sticks and you need a phone with a fast processor, but that's okay.
2021-3-30
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
United States

vg1 Posted at 3-30 11:12
There are ready-made scripts for mapping, you only enter the starting point, area, speed, altitude, line direction and what to do after completing the mission. Simple and very intuitive.
You cannot do mapping in 48Mpix because there is a limitation in the SDK introduced by DJI - not support 48Mpix during intervalometer.
Photos can already be in 48 Mpix.

thanks for the reply. Yes these ready made fx or functions are quite a nice feature. I watched a video on them this evening.  This is one more selling point on Dronelink. The flexibility is superb. Here it is.
2021-3-30
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ugh still watching some of these tutorials. Definitely looks powerful yet complex. And some careful mission planning needed versus just spontaneous flights!

Hope to do some mission test flights soon as the weather is nice but want to be sure I don't mess things up or lose my  MA2.

2021-3-30
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Japan

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese add waypoints function to MA2, the hardware is more than capable of it and it makes no sense to not have waypoints in a drone this good. Many many people are waiting for it. Love DJI and bought a lot of DJI product but a software lock like this just to differentiate Mavic air 2 to higher grade drones is just not cool.
2021-3-31
Use props
GeeDoes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9907493 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am looking forward to trying this software out. I bought the $100 Elite Edition so I would be covered for everything I want to do in the future like Inspire series drones, Focus mode, Basic mapping missions, Export to Google Earth, Import plans & components and Onboard compatibility (coming). I love it as it is a one-time fee and so capable.

It is still a game changer for the Mavic 2 Pro and huge that you can create all paths directly from any web browser. I find it easier to use than Litchi app on iPad.

Graydon Schwartz | Aerial & Landscape Photography
https://graydonschwartz.com

2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules