Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery
1011 5 2021-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hangman3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79692 ft
United Kingdom

I dont get to use the drone too often so the batteries dont have many charges on them. The old 5350 that came with it bricked quite some time ago. I have 2 newer 5870s that  i have had for a couple of years. As the drone  doesnt get used too often, I charge them alternately. The newest one I have has just died after having been charged a couple of months ago. It has only had a handfull of charges since new. I tried to charge it the other day but nothing. If I pull the plug and replace it a few times, eventually the power light will come on for a moment along with the first charge light, then go off & not charge. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? or are these batteries just over priced junk that never lasts?
2021-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hangman3. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry for the experience. If the battery no longer works or charges properly, there could be a problem already with its cell and we suggest returning it back to our Service Center if it's within the warranty period.

We highly encourage you to check and follow the Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines so that the battery can be maintained properly.
2021-3-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The odds are not good that you can fix that battery.

Genuine DJI batteries are not junk - they just need some regular attention.  The trick is to routinely maintain the batteries which means simply check them every week or two.  If you have one that's a bit low (e.g. first lamp solid, second lamp blinking), charge it for a few mins to get the charge back up to around 50% or a little higher.  If you do that, they'll last for many years.  Good luck.
2021-3-31
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

OK, cheers.
2021-4-1
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-31 05:19
The odds are not good that you can fix that battery.

Genuine DJI batteries are not junk - they just need some regular attention.  The trick is to routinely maintain the batteries which means simply check them every week or two.  If you have one that's a bit low (e.g. first lamp solid, second lamp blinking), charge it for a few mins to get the charge back up to around 50% or a little higher.  If you do that, they'll last for many years.  Good luck.

Will a partial charge still rack up the charge count?
2021-4-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 4-3 11:17
Will a partial charge still rack up the charge count?

Not really.  The charge count is a count of 100% charges.  So you'd have to do ten 10% charges for the charge count to increase by one.  Good luck
2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules