ACTIVATION !!!
1535 6 2021-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

OK, so say for instance, you do not have a compatible phone for the "FLY" app. What to do? "FLY" app will not run on PC, even with an Andriod emulator. I hate to ask to borrow someone's phone, to load a program, etc. etc. I wouldn't loan mine for such a thing.

2021-3-27
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

Then you have a very expensive paperweight unfortunately.
2021-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cootertwo. Thanks for reaching and posting your concern. Unfortunately, the DJI FPV can only be activated thru a DJI Fly compatible phone/tablet/iPad and cannot be used properly without being activated. Please be advised that the activation process also serves as part of the warranty. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-3-28
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will need to find one to activate! You will also need it to update the firmware as the Assistant 2 will let you update the firmware, but the Fly App is required to complete the process.
2021-3-28
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Well, I thought about it when I first hooked everything up, but I went ahead and downloaded the upgrades for all 3, goggles, drone, and controller. Everything is updated and bound. Starts up, can see out the camera, etc. etc. but message that goggles not activated on screen bottom left, and drone will not arm, etc. etc. Waiting on a new to me iphone 7, to try out. I got the "FLY" app to install on an old XTE tablet, but when I run the program, all I get is a tiny DJI logo in the middle of a white screen, and an OK bar on the bottom. Nothing else. Click on the OK button, and it closes the program. View through the goggles is amazing, compared to analog. Now if I could only fly...... Reply from DJI support says to borrow someones phone! For the price of this thing, it should have come with it's own phone !!!!!!

Sirius (Support)                                                            

2021年3月28日 GMT+811:17            

Hi Frank,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support and I hope you are doing fine today.

With  regards to this concern, please be advised that the activation for DJI  FPV is required to use the Mobile device with DJI Fly app. If you don't  have a compatible device, we suggest that you can use a device from a  friend or family member to activate the units.

2021-3-28
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

UPDATE    Got my new iphone 7 today. Took awhile to get the phone activated and working. Downloaded the "Fly" app, and after several trys, got the damned thing activated. And, I must say, after my first flight, in normal mode, I think it was worth all the time and money. Coming from analog, this is AMAZING! And the range is FAR OUT !!! YES, I'm now a happy 71 year old boy.
2021-3-30
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

NEW UPDATE !!! GOGGLES 1/2 DEAD !!! RIGHT SIDE DEAD, LEFT SIDE ON AND OFF Started with vertical lines, then black out, then right side dead, left side cuts on and off. Tried everything firmware reload, etc. etc.........SO SAD.........
2021-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules