Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I cant connect pilot app - I'm quite old and not too good at this
2038 23 2015-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi! I wonder if anyone can help me?

I got my new phantom 3 pro this morning and in setting it up I was told to update it. I did and it went well - logged as a success for both the controller and the aircraft. But now the pilot app cant connect at all.
I tried it with my andriod (Samsung galaxy s5) and a borrowed modern iphone but neither would connect. Before the update I could see what the camera was pointing at on my galaxy s5 in the pilot app but now the app just says 'disconnected' The aircraft still flies and can see the remote (green light on) but will only start with the control sticks if the aircraft isnt pointing away from me, and only if I hit it a tap on the top of the aircraft shell!
Once I tap it and point it towards me it starts and flies, but with no pilot app im flying by the seat of my pants and without the camera. I can still control the up and down movement of the camera with the remote and when I pull the left stick to the left or right when the aircraft is on the ground the camera moves in the direction of the stick, but only a wee tiny bit.

Anyone out there smart enough to figure this out? - I know I'm not! Day one with my new phantom 3 and sooooo disappointed :-(

2015-7-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Perhaps you need to update the DJI Pilot app too?  (Just guessing.)
2015-7-14
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-15 05:27
Perhaps you need to update the DJI Pilot app too?  (Just guessing.)

I  tried that - didn't make any difference . :-( But thanks for the suggestion! :-)
2015-7-14
Use props
Stdquad
lvl.1

Canada

Maybe try shutting all apps on you iPhone or android down including the pilot app then restart and try again. This has helped me from time to time
2015-7-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

DJI is about to release another firmware update very soon.  (Like tomorrow.)  I would try updating to the new firmware.  (Perhaps the previous load did not install properly.)
Also be aware... Versions 1.2.6 - 1.2.8 BROKE the vision positioning system.  DJI recommends disabling it until the new firmware comes out.  It can crash the drone if it's turned on.

Also... If you have a different USB cable for the tablet I would try that too.
2015-7-14
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

Did you download the app from Google Play store or from DJI website ?

Try uninstall the app, and reinstall with the app from the website.   http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download  

eventually scan the QR code.

Kind Regards

Nicholas Rønshof
2015-7-14
Use props
woundedgoat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have you turned on the tablet or phone first, then switch on the remote after. You should get a do you trust this device message then click yes.
2015-7-14
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

woundedgoat Posted at 2015-7-15 07:02
Have you turned on the tablet or phone first, then switch on the remote after. You should get a do y ...

I have done that but i have never been asked do i trust the device? perhaps thats an ios thing and maybe doesnt apply to android? :-0
2015-7-14
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nicholas Rønsho Posted at 2015-7-15 06:31
Did you download the app from Google Play store or from DJI website ?

Try uninstall the app, and r ...

Thanks for the suggestion -  just finished trying  that but no luck :-(
2015-7-14
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-15 06:31
DJI is about to release another firmware update very soon.  (Like tomorrow.)  I would try updating t ...

Thanks for the suggestions - I tried a different cable but it didnt help - Im glad you told me a new update is coming soon - I guess my only hope is to wait for that and see if that works!
2015-7-14
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Sounds strange that you need the  to "tap" the P3.Almost like a loose connection.
Also it should not matter what direction the P3 is pointed. Are the antennas tight and in position?
I would say check the cable from the gimbal (for camera issue) BUT also having RC connection problems so likely something else.
Assuming full battery charge on all three(RC,P3,Android)
2015-7-14
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

markjordan did you check the box "unknown sources "in settings?. Android tablet. also you have to allow developer options. There is a good video in YouTube that shows you how to connect.
2015-7-14
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Sounds like you've done very well in updating your software and troubleshooting so far.

Do the phones make a sound to register they are being plugged in to the USB port on the controller?

One thing you can try is toggling the "USB Debugging" option. Turn it off, reboot then turn it on again - found under "Developer Options" in the settings on your Android device.
2015-7-15
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-15 19:18
Sounds like you've done very well in updating your software and troubleshooting so far.

Do the phon ...

Hi Scotty - no, neither phone made a sound when being connected. -  tried the debugging thing but alas it didnt make any difference :-( I took it out for a flight today and learned that I can still shoot pics and video even though I have no monitor connected! :-)
2015-7-15
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-15 18:15
Mark,

It sounds like the Remote Controller's antennas are not correctly positioned! They should nev ...

Hi Selina - thanks for your support - the antenna have been positioned correctly but I see where you are coming from - my initial thought was around its broadcasting ability too! Still no solution, but I'm optimistic something will turn up! :-)
2015-7-15
Use props
markjordan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TomWolves Posted at 2015-7-15 11:53
markjordan did you check the box "unknown sources "in settings?. Android tablet. also you have to al ...

Hi Tom - Thanks for the suggestion! Alas, I tried it with the box both checked and unchecked but to no avail :-( I'll just have to keep looking! :-)
2015-7-15
Use props
Jean1325
lvl.1

Belgium

Bien branché le cable usb de la télécommande vers ton gal 5S
Dans les paramètres
dans  Connextion usb PC
cocher  Périphérique multimédia (MTP)
2015-7-15
Use props
Jean1325
lvl.1

Belgium

Jean1325 Posted at 2015-7-15 23:06
Bien branché le cable usb de la télécommande vers ton gal 5S
Dans les paramètres
dans  Connext ...

Pour la conmédia
2015-7-15
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

jack1144 Posted at 2015-7-15 08:25
Sounds strange that you need the  to "tap" the P3.Almost like a loose connection.
Also it should not ...

I agree that it's odd that the tapping on the drone makes a difference.

I think perhaps the ribbon cable to the camera is loose?  Or some other internal connection is loose.

Unfortunately... It sounds like you may need to send the drone in for repair.  (Or return it for an exchange.)   You deserve better.
2015-7-15
Use props
arnfjorden
lvl.2

Sweden

I have the same problem !
My USB-connection on the controller is out of order. The controller is sent DJI for repair.
Best way to check - I found out was to use the USB-memory with the bin-file and try to make an update. Then the controller didn´t react at all. No file was written onto the stick. However the controller could be linked to the P3P and showed the green LED after the P3P was powered up so probebly it was posseble to fly by the sticks.
During investigation I also had a Inspire to play with so it was obvious what the problem was.
The unit has been working 100% during 8 flights and when I tried the nineth I got the problem.
I have no idea what caused it.
Hope this will help you - good luck !!

2015-7-15
Use props
hastingsfamily1
lvl.2

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-16 00:19
I agree that it's odd that the tapping on the drone makes a difference.

I think perhaps the ribbo ...

Hi markjordan,

The update instructions mention that after updating, you MAY have to re-link the controller and phantom.

From the DJI Pilot App, go to Camera, then RC Settings.  At the bottom of the list (may have to scroll), there is a command for "Linking RC".  This is done in conjunction with pressing the link button on the Phantom 3 (I forget which is pressed first, but instructions are somewhere in the user manual).

I've updated FW a few times, and only once had to re-link.

Hope this helps!
2015-7-15
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

hastingsfamily1 Posted at 2015-7-16 01:13
Hi markjordan,

The update instructions mention that after updating, you MAY have to re-link the c ...

That's a good tip!

I forgot about the re-linking issue after firmware updates.
2015-7-15
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Hi markjordan,

The update instructions mention that after updating, you MAY have to re-link the c ...

Sounds like his app is 'disconnected' from the RC controller so the app has no communication with the controller in the first place. The controller is talking to the P3 as he can fly it with the remote. He'd get a 'no signal' otherwise.

Mark, if you've tried swapping cables and neither phone acknowledges a connection with the controller, I'm afraid to say that the controller is probably faulty, possibly because of a bad firmware upgrade.
2015-7-15
Use props
sudiste
lvl.2

Monaco

Hi markjordan,

He was able to fly, but had no Video (and i guess no other Data)
so the USB Port issue may be a possible root cause.

@markjordan
Even if you are less jung than others, you have acheved to go quite far!

Some people failed after the 1st flight with Video and Data.... that's maybe why.

@Jean1325
so is it's true what people say about belgians?
sorry just kidding, but you can't post a answer in French for somebody leaving in the UK..

2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules