Samsung S10 not connecting with fly app, DJI Mini2
4788 4 2021-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F.Fly Downunder
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, bought a DJI Mini 2  combo yesterday. Installed the the fly app on my phone, but RC has  issues with my Samsung S10 phone. Spend houre reading through forums and  discovered the flyapp has lots of issues with Samsung phones. Each time I  connected my phone yesterday I got a phone warning with moisture detected which I  never recveived before in my life. There is definitly no moisture in my  usb c charging hub in the phone. I have tried different cables too, but  no change. I have read this is a another common problem with samsung. Is  there a way to fix it?

Really, really disapointed and frustrated.
That I can't even connect the phone to the drone...

Today I have deleted the app and reinstalled it a couple of times.
Fly app works fine on my husbands cheap Nokia phone and was able to  update the firmware on the drone and RC. Today I tried to connect again with  my samsung 10, moisture warning is gone but phone is keeping  connecting/unconnecting.... . I never had connecting problems with the  S10 and I use 80% wireless charging. The charging port is working 100%  but just not with the RC.
I'm grateful for any help!!

Cheers

2021-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, F.Fly Downunder. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We recommend checking whether the current version of your DJI Fly is updated. For Android devices, please check the updated version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly then test it again if the problem has been resolved.
2021-3-28
Use props
F.Fly Downunder
lvl.1
Australia

Yes, I went to DJI downloads previously to get the latest version. just did it again, but it is the same version I had previously.... I updated it again, just in case. Now when I plug in the RC nothing happens anymore, not even the charging/uncharging error.

Just checked my phone, it charges normally with usb/usb c.

we had a test fly using the my husbands Nokia phone which worked ok, but I need it to get it working on my phone too....
2021-3-28
Use props
F.Fly Downunder
lvl.1
Australia

thanks any way...
2021-3-28
Use props
Gavin Oliver
New

United Kingdom

Im having the exact same problem with samsung s10. Ive updated all the firmware and im running android 12 so no issues with software. The drone works on my samsung tablet but will not rc connect to this phone. When plugged in the charging icon comes up but the stage thats missing is when it asks for the permissions. It doesnt do this therefore can go no further. Ive manually accepted permissions for the app but still no connection. Why is this happening to the s10?
2022-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules