sky pixel
983 14 2021-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
malted muse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213202 ft
United Kingdom

This is a silly question from an idiot (me) who is trying to understand some basics -

this forum is associated with dji and gives a place to share our work.  So - how is that different to skypixel? do people use one but not the other or do people use both and post the same thing on them?  what is the best way to do this???
2021-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use sky pixel to host my 360 panos,  its more of a host that a community like it is here.  
2021-3-29
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 00:11
I use sky pixel to host my 360 panos,  its more of a host that a community like it is here.

That makes sense.  I am liking the community feel that is here.  I was wondering if this is more of a friendly workshop and sky pixel is more of a showroom/warehouse.

On a side note I looked at some of my stuff that I shot before joining in with forum - embarrassing how much of a difference there is.
2021-3-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

malted muse Posted at 3-29 10:14
That makes sense.  I am liking the community feel that is here.  I was wondering if this is more of a friendly workshop and sky pixel is more of a showroom/warehouse.

On a side note I looked at some of my stuff that I shot before joining in with forum - embarrassing how much of a difference there is.

Have you ever thought about doing something like Project 365?  Id did it for a year and half and it made a big different to my images.
2021-3-29
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 23:13
Have you ever thought about doing something like Project 365?  Id did it for a year and half and it made a big different to my images.

project 365? - just did a search and saw what it is - yes looks interesting. thanks for the tip.
2021-3-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

malted muse Posted at 3-30 10:26
project 365? - just did a search and saw what it is - yes looks interesting. thanks for the tip.

There are variants,  like project 52 (one a week) or project 12 for a calendar.
2021-3-30
Use props
Jackie-Gan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457477 ft
Mexico

This is a community where you can share your work (like Skypixel), but here you can also ask questions may have or help answer the questions of others.
The forum rewards you with points, which you can exchange for DJI Credits to buy stuff at the DJI Store.
2021-3-31
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-30 23:34
There are variants,  like project 52 (one a week) or project 12 for a calendar.

it looks interesting.  It reminds me of something I did - when lockdown first happened I started to film the sky with a nikon 170.  I won't say it was every day but it was very frequent.  Then after almost a year I edited.  Not exactly the same and it was solo with no feedback from others etc but there was something about the discipline of doing it and the effect of it making one constantly aware of opportunities.  I have had similar feelings when I made a photo book based on reflections

2021-3-31
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jackie-Gan Posted at 3-31 08:06
This is a community where you can share your work (like Skypixel), but here you can also ask questions may have or help answer the questions of others.
The forum rewards you with points, which you can exchange for DJI Credits to buy stuff at the DJI Store.

Thanks - I must say that I really like this forum but then wonder what the point of sky pixel is? I can see it has some advantages but atm I think my needs are being met here.
2021-3-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

malted muse Posted at 3-31 10:34
it looks interesting.  It reminds me of something I did - when lockdown first happened I started to film the sky with a nikon 170.  I won't say it was every day but it was very frequent.  Then after almost a year I edited.  Not exactly the same and it was solo with no feedback from others etc but there was something about the discipline of doing it and the effect of it making one constantly aware of opportunities.  I have had similar feelings when I made a photo book based on reflections

https://youtu.be/BvDYdn8YrWc

That’s quite good fun.  Did you use a fish eye for some of those.
2021-3-31
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 10:54
That’s quite good fun.  Did you use a fish eye for some of those.

that's the drawback with the nikon 170 - lots of simple to use features, waterproof etc but always has the fish eye.
2021-3-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

malted muse Posted at 3-31 11:13
that's the drawback with the nikon 170 - lots of simple to use features, waterproof etc but always has the fish eye.

Ah,  just googled Nikon 170,   I wasn't aware they did an "action" style camera.  More of a canon guy myself.
2021-3-31
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:32
Ah,  just googled Nikon 170,   I wasn't aware they did an "action" style camera.  More of a canon guy myself.

it isn't the best but it is competitive for price and as I have used a nikon for years it seemed simpler to keep with the brand - this was before I discovered dji.
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there malted muse. Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. In addition to this post, as a member of this community, DJI members have the opportunity to share your own content, learn from other contributors, and even become a world-renown creator. Thank you.

https://www.skypixel.com/?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

malted muse Posted at 4-1 11:01
it isn't the best but it is competitive for price and as I have used a nikon for years it seemed simpler to keep with the brand - this was before I discovered dji.

Well they could have marketed it better,  never seen an advert for it.
2021-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules