Asteroids crash the app and disappear
911 5 2021-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsooley
lvl.1
United States

This was my first flight using the new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I shot about 25-30 videos and did two asteroids.When I tried to view the asteroids in the app, the DJI app locks up with a black acreen and freezes. After getting home and dumping all of the SD card data, the asteroids are gone. They show in the app on the phone, but there is nothing on the card??? And, again, if I click it in the app--it freezes the app and I have to force restart it. I'm pretty bummed because it was an event and now I have lost data from the actual event. I am using DJI Go 4 and the asteroids appear with little green checkmarks and a line under them? But if I click it, the app freezes on a bloack screen and crashes and these files are NOT on the SD card???

image_123986672.JPG
2021-3-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dsooley. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4  application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference I will the lis of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2021-3-28
Use props
dsooley
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-28 20:14
Hello there dsooley. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4  application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. For reference I will the lis of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

That is an interesting theory but sounds like a stretch to me. I plugged in my iPad instead and the exact same thing occurs. I click on the Asteroid and it says it is downloading. Then the app freezes and needs to be manually shut down and restarted.

This does not explain why, when I view the SD card separately, the files simply are NOT THERE? Why would it show in the app and not be seen on the SD card???
2021-3-29
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

dsooley Posted at 2021-3-29 08:30
That is an interesting theory but sounds like a stretch to me. I plugged in my iPad instead and the exact same thing occurs. I click on the Asteroid and it says it is downloading. Then the app freezes and needs to be manually shut down and restarted.[view_image]

This does not explain why, when I view the SD card separately, the files simply are NOT THERE? Why would it show in the app and not be seen on the SD card???

As I understand it, a lower resolution copy of videos and images are saved to your 'Album', which resides on your phone/pad.
E.g. if you record a video at 4K. It is saved to the SD card at 4K, but saved to your Album at 1080p.
So, there are two separate processes involved in saving the files.
My guess is then that process to save the photos to your phone worked, but the process to save to your SD card failed.
There is one thing you can try. Make sure you have copied everything of value of your SD Card, then format the card. But format it in the drone, not an a PC etc., because sometimes the format can be slightly different
2022-1-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Asteroid seems a bizzare name to me since real ones either miss or travel downwards wirh possibly dire consequences.
2022-1-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-24 21:12
Asteroid seems a bizzare name to me since real ones either miss or travel downwards wirh possibly dire consequences.

All I remember about asteroids is the primitive video game in the 80's. Maybe that game has finally made it to China ;-)
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules