Videos not saving to SD card when using Raveneye
10400 24 2021-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmkmd
New
United States

Hi there,

Just started using my Ronin RSC 2 with Raven Eye.  Curiously, SOME of the videos recorded to the SD card and others did not.  I could get the ones that did not record to the SD card off my phone, but without sound (I used an external mic attached and plugged into my phone).
All the videos recorded to the Ronin app and I was able to put them into Photos, but only about 1/3 of the videos recorded to my SD card. The ones that I downloaded from the Ronin app do not have any sound, while those that were on my SD card did have sound.

My setup:
Canon EOS R with external Rode shotgun mike mounted to the hotshoe of the camera and plugged into the mic port on the camera.

RSC wtih Raveneye. Raveneye and gimbal have up to date firmware.

Why on earth did videos not save to my SD card?  I can't think of any setting changes I made, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Kevin
2021-3-28
Use props
Dom D
New

United Kingdom

I had the same issue today... very frustrating. only had 2 vids go to the SD card and about 20 others that saved to the raveneye app but with all all the camera information (settings, rec indicators etc) saved over the top of the vid and no way to remove them... Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
2021-3-30
Use props
aussie22
New

Norway

Love to hear feedback with this. Same thing happened to me.
2021-4-1
Use props
fansc3e4d35e
New

United Kingdom

Same thing has just happened to me, does anyone have any news on this?
2021-4-15
Use props
MikeJay
lvl.1
Netherlands

No feedback on this yet from DJI? The whole point of having the thing is having videos record on your camera not your phone.
I've filmed with raven eye before no problem. Yesterday I had a whole day of filming and had this same ....

Normally I can delete the videos it makes on my phone (I don't want it to save files on my phone, but I am forced to fill up the thing, because there is no setting to change this in the app).
So I deleted some shots, that I now miss. Aside from that, I don't think the files on the phone are the same quality as it would have been on the Camera's SD-card.

I really dislike this app.
2021-4-21
Use props
jjikeneijsk2948
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73786 ft

Netherlands

Same problem here... Videos are not on my sd card... only available in the dji ronin app...
2021-4-23
Use props
Alexandre Bartheacuteleacutemy
lvl.1

France

Same mess here with RS2 and raveneye app on iphone 7+.
At the begining, when recording from the camera button, it record also at the same time in both the a7s-ii (4k) and the iphone (1080p)
But later it sometimes only record on the iphone raveneye app, or stop or starts at different times on both. Sometimes not recording in the camera. This is a mess.

And also the camera screen turns black while record, so it seems i cannot control if it's really recording or not in my camera !

Ps: What are the convinient ways to move the video files from the ravenapp in the iphone into my computer ? only through the icloud upload then DL to the mac photo app ? Not convinient.

2021-5-11
Use props
kalunaweb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same issue we have here. We did nothing differently over a two day shoot. 2nd day morning, shot 3/4 hours worth of footage which is now lost/unusable because of the grids on the screen/shot information.

Surely there is a cloud storage, or something where the raw files are? Like, surely this can't be an actual function people will want? If it's because the red record button was pressed on the phone, then why on earth is that something that a user would want!?!

2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_CqEDXcJq3QZW
New

Malaysia

Same thing happened here. It is so frustrated that my first and last clips were saved in apps instead of memory card, causing the lost of quality. It already happened several times!!

I've been seeking for solutions, unfortunately I saw many peoples encounter the same issue, with NO SOLUTION yet!!!
Some of my friends ask about this, I wouldn't recommend this Raven Eye when this issue still not solve. Cause this is very serious issue to videographer.
Hope there's solution for this ASAP
2021-5-28
Use props
djiuser_cPGDi8Qq4rWZ
lvl.1
Germany

Same issue here. I had this problem in the past with the ninja. It was related to a camera setting. So maybe look there. I’ll look too :-/ into that
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_D3HaBE9JpCfn
New
Madagascar

I may have a rather simple solution for you all as it happened to me too :

Fix : Turn off and turn on your camera when your gimbal is on.

Explanation : Somewhere in the manual it is said that your camera should be turned on only when your gimbal is already on, otherwise it will not detect your camera thus pressing record on the gimbal or on the app will not work. (Note that if you press record on your camera it will record on your SD, of course, and if you press record on the app or on the gimbal then it will record on your phone)

So, the issue usually happens when you turn off the gimbal mid-shoot to let it rest, to rebalance it or for any other reason, while letting your camera on. Then, when you turn the gimbal on again, it will not detect the camera because the protocol is gimbal first > Camera after.

I hope it will help.
2021-5-31
Use props
kmkmd
New
United States

djiuser_D3HaBE9JpCfn Posted at 5-31 11:43
I may have a rather simple solution for you all as it happened to me too :

Fix : Turn off and turn on your camera when your gimbal is on.

This may be the issue since I powered my gimbal off to conserve power but not the camera.  I'll keep this in mind.
2021-5-31
Use props
tjcampi
New

United States

djiuser_CqEDXcJq3QZW Posted at 5-28 08:58
Same thing happened here. It is so frustrated that my first and last clips were saved in apps instead of memory card, causing the lost of quality. It already happened several times!!

I've been seeking for solutions, unfortunately I saw many peoples encounter the same issue, with NO SOLUTION yet!!!

Right
2021-7-3
Use props
Upskiedown
New

United States

Is there any update on this? All of my files were saved to the RavenEye and not I need to figure out how to get everything onto my computer. Must I really one at a time download each file to my phone as that's all it's letting me do? Then transfer to my computer? It's also not allowing me to download anything over one minute long.

DJI can you weigh in on this one, please?
2021-9-30
Use props
keatsy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nikon Z6 go to HDMI menu, Advanced,Output data depth, set to 8bit. You can only record 10 to an external recorder like a NinjaV. Set to shoot, or shoot and cash on the ronin app. Should be good to go.
Hope this helps.
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_qPleBCPGkyBm
lvl.1

Malaysia

Found that all the video taken via Raveneye, has saved to My Files- Ronin folder inside phone memory.
2021-11-21
Use props
victoriavivienn
New

Bulgaria

Had the same problem and after hours of wondering what wrongs, I found out that you should trigger the rec button from the camera or the gamble ,not from the phone . If you trigger it from the phone you only get videos with information on it in the cache of your phone . Hope it helps. Im using RSC2 + Sony a7s ii and Huawei p20.
2022-2-6
Use props
victoriavivienn
New

Bulgaria

Had the same problem and after hours of wondering what wrongs, I found out that you should trigger the rec button from the camera or the gamble ,not from the phone . If you trigger it from the phone you only get videos with information on it in the cache of your phone . Hope it helps.
2022-2-6
Use props
John Dareth Evans
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278537 ft
Spain

I used my RSC2 with ravenEye for the first time today. The videos went to the phone and showed all grid lines etc... Totally unusable! Any tips would be most welcome.
2022-4-25
Use props
Michael Gill
lvl.1
United States

I  lost almost an hour of B roll of a one of a kind item.

I'm so mad right now I can't believe it. Who would think someone would want to save footage with data scrawled across it?! OMG!
2022-7-26
Use props
SproutStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216086 ft
  • >>>
United States

How is it that DJI has still not addressed this? We use a Z6ii and have never been able to really use our Raveneye. Basically a waste. Very frustrated that DJI just ignores this issue.
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_8sr6bsfNxBMj
New

United States

Does my RS3 and revenEye must be ON to be able to access my videos? I have the same issue everyone has most of my videos are going to the Ronin app no my SD. Have this issue been resolve anyone?
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_8sr6bsfNxBMj
New

United States

victoriavivienn Posted at 2022-2-6 01:25
Had the same problem and after hours of wondering what wrongs, I found out that you should trigger the rec button from the camera or the gamble ,not from the phone . If you trigger it from the phone you only get videos with information on it in the cache of your phone . Hope it helps.

Thank you for the info.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_8sr6bsfNxBMj
New

United States

djiuser_qPleBCPGkyBm Posted at 2021-11-21 08:14
Found that all the video taken via Raveneye, has saved to My Files- Ronin folder inside phone memory.

How can I transfer files to an external memory? Do I have to connect my iPhone to my laptop to be able to access those files? Thank you for your time.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_8sr6bsfNxBMj
New

United States

Upskiedown Posted at 2021-9-30 11:28
Is there any update on this? All of my files were saved to the RavenEye and not I need to figure out how to get everything onto my computer. Must I really one at a time download each file to my phone as that's all it's letting me do? Then transfer to my computer? It's also not allowing me to download anything over one minute long.

DJI can you weigh in on this one, please?

Were you able to transfer files? How?
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules