DJI Go 4 APP
1110 7 2021-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VantageView.ca
lvl.1

Canada

This post is more a review if anything...

The DJI Go 4 app crashes while in flight with my DJI Mavic Zoom.  Signal is lost to the drone and / or the remote cannot connect to tablet and the system crashes.  New data cables have been installed after each crash, it the system and DJI Go 4 app continues to crash unexpectedly.  There are zero conditions to create the loss of signal or data link, whether controller to tablet or system to Zoom.

As a heads up, with my experiences with the signal loss and DJI Go 4 app crashes, while in flight, it is VERY important that you program the "Return to Home" for when signals are lost.  If my hands were not needed on the controller, I would certainly have been biting my nails down to the knuckles!

I am seriously NOT impressed with the potential of losing my $2000 investment, because the DJI Go 4 app continues to crash repeatedly.

Additionally, when trying to review my flight logs, important and necessary for my business records, liability and performance, the DJI GO 4 app keeps crashing repeatedly, rendering this feature / option useless!
2021-3-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, VantageView.ca. Thanks for reaching out and posting your current concern. Please check whether your DJI GO 4 is running the latest app version. For Android devices, please go to this link and download the latest version of the DJI GO 4 then test it out: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

If the problem continues, please let us know what mobile devices you have tried so far and if there's any reoccurring condition before the app starts crashing. Thanks and looking forward to your response.
2021-3-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you flying with an approved device?
2021-3-29
Use props
VantageView.ca
lvl.1

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 23:18
Are you flying with an approved device?

Thanks for the response DAFlys...

Absolutely the equipment / device / compatibility and everything has the latest updates...  I would not take the risk, it is pointless otherwise.
2021-3-30
Use props
VantageView.ca
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-29 03:15
Hi, VantageView.ca. Thanks for reaching out and posting your current concern. Please check whether your DJI GO 4 is running the latest app version. For Android devices, please go to this link and download the latest version of the DJI GO 4 then test it out: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

If the problem continues, please let us know what mobile devices you have tried so far and if there's any reoccurring condition before the app starts crashing. Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Thanks for the response DJI Gamora...

All equipment is up-to-date and running the latest versions...  I have not flown since the last app failure, March 21, but I will certainly keep you posted after my next or subsequent flights...
2021-3-30
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

VantageView.ca Posted at 3-30 08:51
Thanks for the response DAFlys...

Absolutely the equipment / device / compatibility and everything has the latest updates...  I would not take the risk, it is pointless otherwise.

You might try an earlier version of the Go4 App.
Located here:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-0-4-release/
Change one thing at a time to see if that fixes the issue. If not, puit it back, and change another "variable"
I have not updated anything in 3 years with my Mavic Gen I. No hobbling, hiccups, quizzes, or disconnects.
Works as advertised.

But my main suspicion maybe the update for the bird....I do remember seeing in another forum, that after a recent update, short ranges and disconnects...
2021-3-30
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you looking for help/suggestions or just venting? What device are you using?
Does the remote actually disconnect from the drone or just the app crashes?
How are you connecting the device to the remote controller? (many concerns are from faulty cables or ports or just switching which port you plug the cable into on the remote)
Clear your caches for the apps?
If you post up which device you are using, I bet there will be some suggestions.
And yes, verifying the RTH action/height is important!
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

VantageView.ca Posted at 3-30 08:54
Thanks for the response DJI Gamora...

All equipment is up-to-date and running the latest versions...  I have not flown since the last app failure, March 21, but I will certainly keep you posted after my next or subsequent flights...

Sure and kindly keep us updated on your next tests.
2021-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules