1575 12 2015-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally a very frustrating day with DJI.
1. Warranty repair work was shipped with incomplete work.  After waiting 7 weeks from the time DJI recieved the package I opened the package and case to only find that one of the landing gear / antenna's still has a broken piece floating around inside the gear housing.  

2. Recieved the usless package around 11:00 AM (central time). After opening and inspecting I called DJI around 10:00 AM (PCT) to only get a message that I'm not calling during business hours and try calling between 9:00AM - 5:00PM.

3. Send email with pictures and video to capture both broken image and sound of piece rolling around inside the landing gear.

4. Tried online support, response was can't open files with our system, phones are down and someone will get back to you later.  I ask that they expedite and would I hear from someone today?  The answer was yes someone will get back to you today.  5:00 PM (PCT) and

5. No return phone call, no return email, try calling and get the same message to call back between 9:00 - 5:00.  

Very frustrating, total of 8 weeks without aircraft only to have it returned without a complete repair!

What's the plan DJI???  UGH!!  

Video link to broken part and noise:

2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Howard
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Dear davidbsamuels,  
I‘m Howard from DJI HQ Technical Support, I have studied your case very seriously and I will try my best to solve your problem. I'm very sorry about the delay and thank you very much for your support and understanding. Would you please send me an email so that we can solve your problem . My email address is howard.zheng@dji.com  
Thank you for your cooperation.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

David, sincerely sorry for this. I'll contact our US colleagues and let them contact you soon.
2015-7-15
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Keep us updated with solution Dji gave you!
2015-7-15
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Keep us updated with solution they gave you!
2015-7-15
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Howard Posted at 2015-7-15 18:13
Dear davidbsamuels,  
I‘m Howard from DJI HQ Technical Support, I have studied your case very serio ...

Hi Howard,

I just forwarded the email I sent yesterday with details and video.

Thank you for reviewing and responding to the forum post.
2015-7-15
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update: The DJI L.A. Support center called me directly this afternoon (aprox. 24 hours from original call/email).  The person was polite and mentioned that the an executive from Hong Kong had contacted him etc.  He had seen the forum post and was sending me a new RMA and shipping label.  He also promised expedited service on the rest of the repair (5-7 day total turn around), the FedX shipping label was for express service 2-Day.  DJI should receive the unit Friday July 17.  The L.A. person also said the video was descriptive enough but would need to examine etc.  

The email with label and form was sent promptly, the person I spoke with from L.A. was very easy to speak with and promised the lead tech. person would be dealing with this case and make sure all is done to the highest standard.  

Next step - wait and see if DJI lives up to the promise with both quality repair and timeline.

I'll repeat, once on the phone the person was very easy to deal with and understanding.
2015-7-15
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh I so wish this could be a happy camper update.  Total frustration again with DJI.  Today I had a visit from FEDX, they dropped off my Inspire 1, only two days after I shipped it back via my DJI issued shipping label.  Well, as it turns out my unit was shipped to myself !!

Problem: After getting in touch with DJI Support as noted above in earlier post, DJI sent me a pre-paid/addressed label via attached pdf.  I proceeded to take that file to my local FedX on a thumb drive and ask them to print and ship.  They followed instructions, slapped on the sticker and I went my way with a receipt and tracking number.  Little did I know that my pre-addressed pdf file filled out and sent to me by DJI had my home address in the SHIP TO: vs DJI's address.  

SO FRUSTRATING!  9 Weeks and still not flying my rig.  This process started May 18th.

To top it off, I tried calling the L.A. Support.  The response on the phone message this time "We're experiencing heavy call volume please call back another time"  UGH!!!!!!!!!!
2015-7-17
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Dear davidbsamuels,  
I‘m Howard from DJI HQ Technical Support, I have studied your case very serio ...

DJI-Howard, this is what type of customer service we are looking for.  A DJI employee monitoring the forums and getting things expedited!  WOWOWOWOWOW  way to go DJI.
2015-7-17
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

davidbsamuels Posted at 2015-7-18 02:38
Oh I so wish this could be a happy camper update.  Total frustration again with DJI.  Today I had a  ...

Sorry about what's going on with you...that really stinks...I sent my I1 in four weeks ago for damage in a fly a way.   Hope DJI does the right thing....it's a long wait
2015-7-17
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well after 3.5 hours of calling back every few min. or whenever I had a chance I finally got a human voice on the phone.  After a discussion and me venting my disappointment I requested at least an overnight shipment vs 2 day shipment.  I was told I had to wait for a higher level person to authorize and they were out to lunch.  (no pun intended).  DJI representative did get back to me within the 30 min. that I requested and sent via email a corrected address pre-paid shipping label.  I immediately went to FedX to make the shipping day deadline etc.  

At this point, DJI has held my $3000.00 +  rig for 9 Weeks and originally charged me shipping to get it to them for a warranty repair.  Thank goodness my second Inspire seems to be working, cross my fingers!  

DJI, plenty of opportunity here for your company to step up and compensate.  
2015-7-17
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

davidbsamuels Posted at 2015-7-18 08:29
Well after 3.5 hours of calling back every few min. or whenever I had a chance I finally got a human ...

Hey Dave....LIke you I went out and bought a second Inspire so I could keep on flying while my first one is in the repair shop in California,,,I have all my money and trust in DJI, I hope I didn't make a big mistake.  Also, so far I have had no problems with #2 bird.
2015-7-17
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dear davidbsamuels,  

Hi Howard,

Are you truly following my case?  I'm truly not satisfied and extremely frustrated.  
1. May 18th - shipped Inspire for warranty repair after fly-away at take-off.
2. May 22nd - Arrived DJI tracked via FedX
3. June 2 - 11 days after arrival I receive notice that DJI has checked-in my Inspire
4. July 7th - 46 days after arrival I get this message
"Your Inspire 1 has been repaired. The technician replaced one motor, the right motor arm, two landing gear modules and repaired the camera/gimbal assembly. Your craft has been updated, test flown and is fully operational."
5. July 14th - 53 days after arrival.  Inspire arrives via FedX and it's still not fully repaired, broken part  is rattling around in one of the landing gear that was not repaired/replaced as per video explains.
6. July 15 - After trying to reach DJI for 24 hours I finally get in contact with a person who tells me to ship unit back with Pre-addressed label via FedX.
7. July 17 - Inspired is returned to my house due to the fact that the DJI shipping label was addressed wrong and sent back to my home address
8. July 17th - DJI says opps, sorry send it back using this address and we'll expedite and put your unit in front of the line and turn it around in a few days.  I request 1 day FedX and DJI sent me a label with new address and 1 day shipping
9. July 20th - FedX tracking says Inspire arrived in the morning.
10. July 23 - I spoke with Customer Support in L.A. and was told that he doesn't know the status, understands my concern and after questioning several times I'm told "YES, I will call you back and YES I'll have my supervisor give you a call later today".  As I've grown to expect, NO RETURN CALL OR EMAIL as promised, NO STATUS UPDATE!
11. July 24th - 9 WEEKS (63 DAYS) after arrival at DJI L.A. Support Center - I still have no information and I want to be contacted by the senior person in charge of L.A. DJI.
2015-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules