Problems with DJI FLY android app (missing)
11097 35 2021-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kubicme
New
Spain

Hi.  I've just bought a new DJI Mini 2 but I have problems with the app. I'm trying to install dji fly app in android but it's missing. It doesn't appear in Google Play Store and DJI FLY google apk is broken too. Any idea? Thanks!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v5&hl=es_PY&gl=US

2021-3-29
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Its currently AWOL from the Google Store.. You have to download the APK here:

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

And then install it on your phone manually.

2021-3-29
Use props
Kubicme
New
Spain

jweaver Posted at 3-29 04:40

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/3b03cb95-bc4b-4b62-b4ab-9cf977d77309

Thanks!! I tried to download this morning but I couldn't. It said "App not installed" hehe. I'm going to check it now, thanks!
2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kubicme. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The DJI app you are using cannot be updated or downloaded via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2021-3-29
Use props
Kubicme
New
Spain

Thanks so much!! App finally installed
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_6hX3k3w3mmDM
New

United States

All of the links posted here are now dead. I just bought a mini 2 and am unable to download the app from the DJI site.
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_6hX3k3w3mmDM
New

United States

My router was blocking the download site. Disabled WiFi on my phone and it downloaded. This is very sketchy to me. A prominent company requiring a side load installation, any my router blocking the site.
2021-5-13
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

user error
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_6hX3k3w3mmDM
New

United States

It's very odd to me that the app is not on the Android store and needs to be side loaded. Add to that, that my router thinks that it is prudent to block that download. Kind of shady if you ask me.
2021-5-21
Use props
jrlafryahoo.com
lvl.1
Canada

jweaver Posted at 3-29 04:40

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/3b03cb95-bc4b-4b62-b4ab-9cf977d77309

I have the same problem with both my Samsung Note 8 and 20. The Apk you suggest is also broken. cannot download the DJI app by any means tried. Will DJI refund me or suggest a solution other than buying another phone which might not work also. PATHETIC
2021-7-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

jrlafryahoo.com Posted at 7-3 09:17
I have the same problem with both my Samsung Note 8 and 20. The Apk you suggest is also broken. cannot download the DJI app by any means tried. Will DJI refund me or suggest a solution other than buying another phone which might not work also. PATHETIC

Try this - https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-7-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_6hX3k3w3mmDM Posted at 5-21 07:35
It's very odd to me that the app is not on the Android store and needs to be side loaded. Add to that, that my router thinks that it is prudent to block that download. Kind of shady if you ask me.

do you have any idea why your router is blocking the site ?
Or is it anti-virus software on your pc / smart phone that is blocking the site ?

I am using Asus routers with trend micro intrusion protection on it and I haven't got one problem with the DJI site.
It might be a false positive on the protection of your router or the DJI site got accidentally onto the blacklist of your router.

If you need to get DJI software, get it from their site and not any other obscure APK site.
I'm also wondering why Google stopped DJI software as the apple store still supports it.
2021-7-3
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

djiuser_6hX3k3w3mmDM - It could also be a case of  your IP address being blocked by the DJI site. I had issues last year trying to access a particular forum (Ross-Tech) that I'd been accessing for years. After various traceroute tests and digging around by their support staff, it turned out that my static IP address had recently been blocked by those hosting the forum.
2021-7-5
Use props
djiuser_rUaUGtbjkfpB
New

Australia

Hi my husbands Android connects fine at home to drone but not when we go bush
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_C94N9ht8blQC
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-29 05:55
Hi, Kubicme. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The DJI app you are using cannot be updated or downloaded via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

I downloaded the DJI fly app for android from your website, It does not install on my phone or any other device. Can DJI start reimbursing buyers? I bought this drone from Best Buy, Florida.
2021-11-14
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_C94N9ht8blQC Posted at 11-14 10:21
I downloaded the DJI fly app for android from your website, It does not install on my phone or any other device. Can DJI start reimbursing buyers? I bought this drone from Best Buy, Florida.

Which phone are you trying to install it on?
2021-11-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_C94N9ht8blQC Posted at 11-14 10:21
I downloaded the DJI fly app for android from your website, It does not install on my phone or any other device. Can DJI start reimbursing buyers? I bought this drone from Best Buy, Florida.

Allow install from unknown sources.
2021-11-14
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

The easiest way to get the app, scan QR code on the box mini 2 came in. Works and you are ready in 5 min.
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_x1LFRYcX5i8t
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-3-29 05:55
Hi, Kubicme. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The DJI app you are using cannot be updated or downloaded via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi I tried several times to install app from your website but it still doesn't work. Just receive message can't open file. I have Samsung Galaxy s20 plus phone.
2022-1-10
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_x1LFRYcX5i8t Posted at 1-10 14:20
Hi I tried several times to install app from your website but it still doesn't work. Just receive message can't open file. I have Samsung Galaxy s20 plus phone.

When you try to open the downloaded .apk file, do you get a warning pop up asking about installing from unknown / insecure sources or something similar?

If so, do you click the answer to allow the install?

-N.O.T.
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX
New
United States

Hi, Im having trouble with the app, it's been a while since I opened it. Im using a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5g, Im trying to install the app again, but when a hit the android button it sends me a file to install. This is the file name 1639387363940-DJI-v1.5.4-211213-1390-50209-official-sec (3).apk
And when I open it, it opens a fishing app.
I have a DJI  mini.
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX
New
United States

I install the file you mentioned and it opens an app for fishing
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX
New
United States

djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX Posted at 1-22 08:44
I install the file you mentioned and it opens an app for fishing

Well, finally I could install the app, my phone was not opening the file from chrome downloads due to settings, it only pop up a message saying it cant open the file and for some reason was opening a fishing app there I already have install. I uninstall that app and it only keep pop up the message that It can't open the file. Bottom line. You need to go to your samsung files app and try to open the file from there, it will ask you if you want to open it from an unknown source or something like that, activate that option and then you should be able to install the app.
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX Posted at 1-22 09:48
Well, finally I could install the app, my phone was not opening the file from chrome downloads due to settings, it only pop up a message saying it cant open the file and for some reason was opening a fishing app there I already have install. I uninstall that app and it only keep pop up the message that It can't open the file. Bottom line. You need to go to your samsung files app and try to open the file from there, it will ask you if you want to open it from an unknown source or something like that, activate that option and then you should be able to install the app.

Hi, there. We are pleased to hear your issue has been resolved, wish you have a nice time flying the drone. If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact us.
2022-1-25
Use props
Kevin Black
New

United States

If you have a Samsung device it's in the Samsung Galaxy store
2022-1-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes the internet just makes you shake your head.... a refund because you don't know how to load an app?  Really???
2022-1-25
Use props
Cacike47
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

I installed the latest update off of the DJI website and the only problem is after allowing unknown apps to install the DJI Fly icon still doesn't not show up. I tried searching the Web on how to try to get the DJI Fly icon to appear on my android (Tripltek) no luck.  Anybody have a similar problem especially with the Tripltek? Thanks HFTA
2022-1-25
Use props
djiuser_NR9cgnNZpNJq
New
United States

I have the DJI osmo pocket camera and I just bought the DJI mini 2 drone. I install the apk from the download site and it will not show me my drone. This is bad, cause I'm about to return this back to Amazon and get a refund. I have no way to test out the device to ensure that it is performing the way that it should.
2022-2-18
Use props
reepicheep
New

United States

Thank you djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX.  I was trying to install the DJI Fly app to my Galaxy S10+ Android device.  I could not find it in the Google Play store (I'm sure it's a result of Google and DJI arguing over who gets to abuse my privacy the worst, it is what it is).  So I found it by going to the URI directly using the Brave browser, and downloading it.  I could then go to "downloads" in the Brave menu, and see it, but I also then got the "can't open file" message when I clicked it.  This was likely a result of either Brave trying to protect me, or my Verizon security add on trying to protect me, or Google trying to protect me (so only they can exploit my data).  

Going to the play store and installing the Samsung Files app, which looks handy for other things as well, so that is a win.  And with it I found that same download, but then when I click on it there, it gives me the ability to bypass the baseline security controls and load the app.  That worked nicely, so thank you for the tip.

Kevin Black, thank you also, you are correct, and it is also listed in the galaxy store, which avoids the sideloading stuff, and is probably an even better approach.

TonyPHX, yes and no.  I have been built jet engine data acquisition systems, programmed in 5 languages including assembly, programmed three different kinds of embedded microcontrollers, and I had to rely on a random post by 'djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX' in a forum and a side load just to get a $500 drone to work.  Yes, it only took me 20 minutes to work it out, and I found at least two good solutions, but I RTFM and the FM gave instructions that don't F work.   Granted, if you can't overcome this, you probably shouldn't be flying a drone around (or you won't be for long if you do).  But I think it is reasonable to be annoyed at this process for a brand new $500 out of the box drone when you followed the instructions.  

(I'm sure it is Google's fault more  than DJI's fault that they aren't in the play store, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that it is a peeing contest between the two over who gets to abuse my privacy the most, and Apple is even worse).

Anyway, thank you to all, I took a quick test flight tonight and the mini 2 looks pretty awesome already.  
2022-3-24
Use props
TryToFly
New

United States

Thanks to this forum I was able to get the Fly app installed for my first drone.   After failing with Google Play and the DJI site, I used the Galaxy Store and installation was easy.
2022-4-29
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Hi, Kubicme. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The DJI app you are using cannot be updated or downloaded via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

"Due to technical reasons "?

Please explain.....I have GOT to hear your explanation as to why that is.
In fact, I'm sure the entire class can't wait to hear your explanation.

2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

reepicheep Posted at 3-24 18:51
Thank you djiuser_vMKMFvGSZSzX.  I was trying to install the DJI Fly app to my Galaxy S10+ Android device.  I could not find it in the Google Play store (I'm sure it's a result of Google and DJI arguing over who gets to abuse my privacy the worst, it is what it is).  So I found it by going to the URI directly using the Brave browser, and downloading it.  I could then go to "downloads" in the Brave menu, and see it, but I also then got the "can't open file" message when I clicked it.  This was likely a result of either Brave trying to protect me, or my Verizon security add on trying to protect me, or Google trying to protect me (so only they can exploit my data).  

Going to the play store and installing the Samsung Files app, which looks handy for other things as well, so that is a win.  And with it I found that same download, but then when I click on it there, it gives me the ability to bypass the baseline security controls and load the app.  That worked nicely, so thank you for the tip.

You'll enjoy it, even after all the chasing around.  I am having fits now and then about a Smart Controller I recently got, but when it's time to fly, and it raises off the ground, THAT is a different storyHappy flying - stay safe.
2022-4-29
Use props
djiuser_NKCRkiDgAkQn
New

United States

Cannot fly mini 2vwithout flight app for android it is useless. No matter wrte you direct me to the page does not exist
2022-9-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_NKCRkiDgAkQn Posted at 9-8 09:33
Cannot fly mini 2vwithout flight app for android it is useless. No matter wrte you direct me to the page does not exist

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-9-8
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

djiuser_NKCRkiDgAkQn Posted at 9-8 09:33

Perhaps you have a router issue like the other user encountered earlier in this thread?  The links work and the pages exist.

DJI has never communicated exactly why they cannot distribute their apps through the official Google Play Store, but my suspicion is it's either something politically related to China or DJI will not change their Android packing format to the new App Bundle format that Google now requires as they no longer support the APK package format.  Why DJI will not change their format is anybody's guess.
Sideloading is certainly an additional hurdle to impose upon consumers, and it's bound to result in issues like those demonstrated here.

All that said, some basic research on the internet ought to provide sufficient information how to sideload APK apps in Android - it's not that hard.
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Here is another way. Gavin HR has been kind enough to archive the Fly app versions. Go here and download 1.7.0 -
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... pW_LB7UDL6GevH4WVg5
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules