I can't go over 300m in range with the DJI FPV Drone
16288 28 2021-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
octa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53166 ft
Indonesia

Hi, I'm in based in Indonesia and I have an issue with my brand new DJI FPV Drone. I'm losing the RC and goggles connection starting sometimes at around 150m. I never managed to go over 300m in distance. I was flying at three different locations. Two of them were open nature environments with just a few houses around. In all of them I had this problem. I already tried to switch the transmission to manual and to 2.4gh and 5.8ghz transmission and I get the same results. I read that it could be because the RC is not activated and it's in a lower power mode, is that true? If yes, how can I activate the RC properly? Thanks for any info
2021-3-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure all batteries are fully charged.
Make sure the Fly app on your device (phone or tablet)is the latest version & connected to the Internet in a good signal area

Power up Goggles, Drone & RC, connect the goggles to the Dji Fly App using the short OTG connector and then connect to your mobile device. Open the Fly App

If the activation has not been carried out then the App will complete the activation

Make sure that you are running the latest firmware, the shipping firmware needs to be updated, this can take around 40+ Mins.
2021-3-29
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-29 05:42
Make sure the Fly app on your device (phone or tablet)is the latest version & connected to the Internet in a good signal area

"the shipping firmware needs to be updated"

The first FPV I purchased required a firmware update but the second one I purchased never prompted me to update the firmware. I don't think drones always need to their firmware updated.

The 300m limit sure seems strange. I hope you get that figured out. Good luck.
2021-3-29
Use props
octa
lvl.1
Indonesia

Buzzyone Posted at 3-29 05:42
Make sure the Fly app on your device (phone or tablet)is the latest version & connected to the Internet in a good signal area

I always fly on full bateries. I updated the firmware of the rc and the rest the first time I connected everything. Any other suggestions? Thanks
2021-3-29
Use props
octa
lvl.1
Indonesia

My RC also can't control the goggle interface. Is that normal? Or is it a sign that it is not activated or paired?
2021-3-29
Use props
octa
lvl.1
Indonesia

My RC also can't control the goggle interface. Is that normal? Or is it a sign that it is not activated or paired?
2021-3-29
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

octa Posted at 3-29 07:29

You control the goggle interface using the buttons and directional controller on the top right hand side of the goggles.
2021-3-29
Use props
octa
lvl.1
Indonesia

Winkle Posted at 3-29 07:42
You control the goggle interface using the buttons and directional controller on the top right hand side of the goggles.

I know, just heard somewhere that you can control it with the remote aswell? Is it just on the DJI FPV Air unit?
2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there octa. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI FPV to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. May we also know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

2021-3-29
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

octa Posted at 3-29 08:30
I know, just heard somewhere that you can control it with the remote aswell? Is it just on the DJI FPV Air unit?

"heard somewhere that you can control it with the remote aswell?"
I like to think I've been keeping up with the latest FPV Drone news and I haven't heard anything similar.
The manuals are available for download here. I haven't read the manual cover to cover but I've sent a good deal of time reading it and I don't recall seeing anything about controlling menus with the remote.
I hope you get your range issue worked out. Good luck.
2021-3-29
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

octa Posted at 3-29 07:13
I always fly on full bateries. I updated the firmware of the rc and the rest the first time I connected everything. Any other suggestions? Thanks

I've seen other users outside North America complain about the same low DJI FPV range you are getting on Youtube.
Same thing occurs with the Mini and other drones, much weaker signal outside North America because of your local signal laws.

For example the DJI FPV has a 1200Mw output in North America, but outside NA the same signal is restricted to just 25Mw ( a HUGE reduction ), this video discusses it   Forward Video to (7:32)

He too complains about a 300M max range in open area's and he fly's in New Zealand.
I am not sure if there is a way around it on the FPV, but people in Europe and elsewhere for the Mini use a GPS spoofing program to trick the unit into thinking it's in North America, and that seems to boost their signal for them.

2021-3-30
Use props
4snacka
New

Germany

Wardword Posted at 3-30 02:32
I've seen other users outside North America complain about the same low DJI FPV range you are getting on Youtube.
Same thing occurs with the Mini and other drones, much weaker signal outside North America because of your local signal laws.

We have developed an unlock for the DJI FPV drone to go more than 300m in Europe, Indonesia or New Zealand. Very straightforward.
https://b3yond.d3vl.com/

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
2021-3-30
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

It's normal with 25mW power.. you can select to use 2.4 band that will switch to 100mW, it will increase you range a few hundred more meters.

It's legal requirement to have 5.8 25mW and 2.4 100mW in almost all of the world, except the US.
2021-3-30
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

octa Posted at 3-29 08:30
I know, just heard somewhere that you can control it with the remote aswell? Is it just on the DJI FPV Air unit?

No, that's not possible
2021-3-30
Use props
octa
lvl.1
Indonesia

4snacka Posted at 3-30 02:35
We have developed an unlock for the DJI FPV drone to go more than 300m in Europe, Indonesia or New Zealand. Very straightforward.

Thanks so much. I know what was the issue now.
2021-3-31
Use props
correlatif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25466 ft
France

I know that we are limited to 25 mW in Eu but I flew the mini 2 and the DJI fpv at the same place and at the same altitude. With the mini 2, i can easily reach 2Km while the FPV does not exceed 300 / 400m.
2021-3-31
Use props
SteveoUnbelievo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154341 ft
United States

I'm in the US and am having similar issues.  Mine stops at 476m and won't go any farther. Signals are still good from what I can tell.  I have all the firmwares updated to the latest, batteries fully charged and have DJI Fly registered and running on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.  Not sure what the issue is, but it's kind of annoying to see everyone else getting so much range out of theirs lol
2021-4-11
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

correlatif Posted at 3-31 13:04
I know that we are limited to 25 mW in Eu but I flew the mini 2 and the DJI fpv at the same place and at the same altitude. With the mini 2, i can easily reach 2Km while the FPV does not exceed 300 / 400m.

That's also what I experience in the Netherlands.  Can you fix this DJI?
2021-4-12
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wardword Posted at 3-30 02:32
I've seen other users outside North America complain about the same low DJI FPV range you are getting on Youtube.

Thank you for sharing this post. I allready crashed my DJI FPV and had to pay 260 euro (or something like that) above my 2 year DJI Care to get a replacement. Only for breaking 1 drone-arm when the drone hit a tree.  So annoying that they don't have spare parts.
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_wJqiKBdDSUJq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6243058 ft
Indonesia

I am having similar issues with these 300 meter signal limit too, so the cruising range and covered area of my new DJI FPV mostly same with my mavic mini ...  since in the radius of 10 km there are some telecomunication tower, i also suspect their signal  reduce the transmission from unit to googles and controller.  
2021-12-24
Use props
aoife12345
New

Ireland

Hello
Did anyone find a solution? I am in Ireland and can only fly 100metres!! Such a disappointment. It loses signal completely and returns to home.
2022-5-16
Use props
fans31681d61
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 2021-3-29 07:10
"the shipping firmware needs to be updated"

Unfortunately I have the same issue, from some reason the drone knows it’s current precise location ie at my house but doesn’t know which country this is in? Very disappointed with the range and DJI 150 meters is the maximum range I can get then fortunately RTH kicks in
2022-8-22
Use props
airborne.clips
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1508747 ft
Portugal

4snacka Posted at 2021-3-30 02:35

have you made it possible to use with latest firmware?
2022-10-11
Use props
Frank W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118940 ft
United States

SteveoUnbelievo Posted at 2021-4-11 17:18
I'm in the US and am having similar issues.  Mine stops at 476m and won't go any farther. Signals are still good from what I can tell.  I have all the firmwares updated to the latest, batteries fully charged and have DJI Fly registered and running on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.  Not sure what the issue is, but it's kind of annoying to see everyone else getting so much range out of theirs lol

In the googles you can set it to unlimited (height max is 500m)
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_ESC0FWt37IW2
New
Flight distance : 433022 ft
Argentina

Hi everyone ! I'm from Buenos Aires Argentina and I just bought my first drone ( Mini 2 ) and I'm having this issue, if someone could help me, I'd really appreciate it.
Since the time I sent it to tech support, my drone wasn't able to fly more than 300 without showing this "RC" in orange and only 2 marks ( if I'd decided to fly above that distance, I would lost my drone ).

I'm trying to understand if this problem is normal here in Buenos Aires cause normaly this drone can fly easily at least Between 3 or 4 kilometres.
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_VImYl382x04a
New

Saudi Arabia

airborne.clips Posted at 2022-10-11 06:23
have you made it possible to use with latest firmware?

He has the same problem with the dji fpv drone. I can't fly more than 150 meters. Do you have a solution?
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_6Tomzh2M8UoH
New

United States

I live in CO and am having lot's of issues with the range on the DJI FPV? Any fixes possible. my batteries are always full and I am up to date.
2023-4-12
Use props
fans59bb6fac
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So let me get that straight - so many people have that issue and there is still no fix? This is pathetic DJI.

Im in U.K. i bought one FPV combo a month ago - had this problem, tried everything, FCC hack, unlocked other channels but in reality the outcome was exactly same and the same 300m max range. I decided to leave it until I fatal crash and get a new drone anyway since from day 1 I wanted to learn manual and freestyle with all the rookie options like RTH, sport mode etc - I did crash after 4 weeks of everyday flying - wanted to buy a drone itself but the drone was 650 while entire combo 699 on sale in Currys so I bought the combo again - SAME THING!!! The exact same thing - and again fcc hack works and unlocks all the channels but there is still no result in reality and 300m range. This is literally shocking. Never ever will buy anything from DJI ever again. I’m just waiting for Geprc mk5 that I’m gonna use with my v2 goggles and dji controller 2 and I’m done. Once again-pathetic.
D3CA9FD3-0D47-46D2-8038-2B1C51C1883F.jpeg
47743727-BF4E-4086-B453-DEB0E9C6B915.jpeg
6004C368-4FAC-4199-8792-D530407C1B62.jpeg
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_ESC0FWt37IW2
New
Flight distance : 433022 ft
Spain

Hi! Im currently located in Europe ( flying with my DJI MINI 2 ) around Slovenia, Croatia, etc.
Since the moment I purchased this drone in my country ( Argentina Buenos Aires ) I've never had the chance of flying my drone more than 450 500 meters. ( However there were 3 situation that I could fly my drone to 956meters ).
My control, drone, everything come together ( I didn't purchase any item separate ) and I have updated till the last version of both drone and control .

I'm not able to use my drone more than 450meters. I already download again the app many times, support contactede many timea but they couldn't give me any solution.

I need to know why my drone is not performing how it should, maybe is the control, maybe is the drone, both of them since the moment I purchased, I was not bale to use them at 100% of their power, till now....

Please help
2023-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules