DJI and UPS Farce.
5159 26 2021-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I paid  good money for Care refresh and Express Refresh, and are STILL waiting  for the delivery of a replacement drone which was supposed to have  arrived on the 15th (2 weeks ago!)

DJI blame UPS, and UPS blame DJI. Neither provide any solution.

UPS  (the derisible North American excuse for a courier service), say one  minute that there is a Brexit problem, and another minute say that  papers are missing. However, their tracking web site shows that the  parcel has already cleared customs.  It has been scanned no less than  SEVEN times (to date). There were no papers missing when it left us (I  am partner in a legal firm, and our company has a register of the papers  that accompanied the Drone).

If  DJI have failed to provide adequate documentation, they shall be held  to account. If UPS have lost or misplaced the drone, they shall be held  to account. In either case, DJI are responsible for the replacement  until it reaches our hands. Any third party company they employ to  deliver parcels is DJI's responsibility, no the customer's. If they  choose to use a courier service with worst reputation (93% bad reviews in TrustPilot) , they must accept the consequences.

In  the meantime, we have had deliveries from Australia, Hong Kong, Japan,  Germany, Italy, France and Saudi Arabia.... all by different companies  (TNT, DHL, FedEx etc.. ). They all arrived on time.

De facto, UPS are using Brexit as an excuse, and DJI are more than happy to join the band-wagon to avoid actually 'doing' something.

After  a series of pointless lip-service emails from DJI and UPS (both  companies employing out-sourced staff disguised as 'technical support'  to copy-paste the same insincere apologies and lip-service), I  personally wasted a couple of hours on the phone to DJI 'support' who  promised unequivocally to 'escalate' the case: clearly a euphemism for  'sweep it under the table', since they have done absolutely nothing. Nor  have they returned, as promised, a call to update me on the case.

I  shall wait until the end of this week before staring legal proceedings.  I also note, with some amusement, that a Class Action suit is in  progress against UPS.

#

CAS-5902355
R54Y13NLBZS
CAS-5902355.png
2021-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to know that you've encountered an issue with the actual delivery process of your case. We are sorry for the delays with your package. It is caused by unpredicted surges in volume, as well as the required clearance procedure due to BREXIT. Your shipment number has been forwarded to our designated team for further assistance and follow-up. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2021-3-29
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-29 16:04
Hi there, I'm sorry to know that you've encountered an issue with the actual delivery process of your case. We are sorry for the delays with your package. It is caused by unpredicted surges in volume, as well as the required clearance procedure due to BREXIT. Your shipment number has been forwarded to our designated team for further assistance and follow-up. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Absolute rubbish. And yet another copy-paste response from DJI.

Happy to sue you.
2021-3-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ikaruz Posted at 3-30 02:05

Happy to sue you.

I understand the frustration you are feeling towards the situation you've encountered with the shipping process and I'm sorry for the troubles this has caused you. Rest assured that we will do our best to help you out on solving this, thank you.
2021-3-30
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

We don't believe DjI have done, are doing, or will be doing anything.

SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd and/or Shenzhen DJI Sciences and Technologies Ltd have clearly shown that their support is nothing but lip-service.
Employing a team of 'administrators' to repeat the same tired scripted excuse, ad nauseam, is not a 'solving' strategy. It is a smoke-screen.
No direct contact has been made to us from any authoritative representative from either of the above mentioned companies.

If UPS are having difficulties, that is not a Client/Customer problem: It is a DJI problem. DJI are FUlLY responsible  for everything pertaining to the replacement drone from the time it  leaves DJI installations to time it arrives in Client/Customer hands,  regardless of which third party DJI subcontract to facilitate in its  shipping and safe arrival.

To whit, we received yet another communique from UPS this morning to say it is still not moving – Almost THREE weeks after arriving in the UK, and having been scanned, ergo, processed, numerous times.

DHL, FedEx, and TNT  (among others) have all managed to deliver legal papers to our law firm  from as far afield as Japan and Australia this very week.

On a personal level, Amazon deliveries have arrived with no delays.

UPS themselves have also delivered other documents sent AFTER the dispatch of the drone, and from further afield than Holland.
To use Brexit as an excuse is both lame and disingenuous.

We  also possess a recorded conversation with a DJI employee purporting to  be from 'technical Support', promising to call us and update us on the  progress of this case.
No such call has been forthcoming.

Myself and my colleagues suspect that SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd and/or Shenzhen DJI Sciences and Technologies Ltd  have either not provided adequate documentation, or have failed to pay  the relevant fees.  We are currently investigating these hypotheses.  Certainly, all our papers were in included upon shipping. Our legal  secretary can testify to this in court.

As previously stated, we  intend to sue for false advertisement of Refresh Express, for the  missing drone, for hours lost, and for damages. We include this here so  that notice can be seen to be given publicly, since DJI refuse to deal  with this matter personally and in a correct manner.

As an 'administrator', you will of course take note of this and advise the relevant parties.

We expect to hear solely from senior representatives of either SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd and/or Shenzhen DJI Sciences and Technologies Ltd, and not from pseudo staff posing as Technical Support or Administrators

Sincerely,
ASM
2021-3-31
Use props
schervenkov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2814347 ft
Bulgaria

Ikaruz Posted at 3-31 04:58
We don't believe DjI have done, are doing, or will be doing anything.

SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd and/or Shenzhen DJI Sciences and Technologies Ltd have clearly shown that their support is nothing but lip-service.

Please, keep posting updates here, because I'm in similar situation (and maybe more people too).
2021-3-31
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

schervenkov Posted at 3-31 06:57
Please, keep posting updates here, because I'm in similar situation (and maybe more people too).

We shall endeavour to keep you informed.

Today we received yet another predictable response from a certain Christian D of the  pseudo-Support team. The lack of surname suggests he/she is simply a copy-paste employee.

"We are very sorry about the delay of your package. It is caused by unpredicted surges in volume, as well as the required clearance procedure  due to BREXIT. Your shipment number has been sent to UPS to be  escalated. The courier is working hard to clear the backlog and are  implementing additional weekend shifts. Hopefully your package will be  delivered successfully before long."

The  highlighted text seems to suggest that DJI have not provided the  necessary documents, or paid the necessary fees, in order to release the  parcel. We can find no other logical explanation as yet. We are still  investigating. Naturally, we shall charge our time to DJI.

Be  assured that nothing is being escalated, no direct contact has  been  received from DJI, and UPS have had no problems delivering other,  larger  parcels from further distances.

Bear in mind that courier  charges should be picked up by DJI as part of the Care Refresh Plan  that you presumably paid for, in good faith. If you are charged at all  upon receipt, you may have a case for a separate claim.

In case you would like to make direct contact:

SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd (or) Shenzhen DJI Sciences and Technologies Ltd. (This is unclear)
Board members, (seemingly for both companies, though we cannot confirm):

Chairman – Prof Li Xejiang.
CEO/Founder – Wang Tao "Frank"
President – Roger Luo.

18 Gaoxin South 4 Avenue
Nanshan District
Shenzhen
518057 China
+86-755-2665-6677

We would have to add that we are disappointed by DJI for whom, until now, we have had nothing but praise.

2021-3-31
Use props
schervenkov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

This sounds absolutely familiar. Last week when I contacted DJI, I told them to contact UPS to resolve the issue, because UPS tells me that the package was not given to them and if the sender tells me something else, he should contact them. Yesterday I contacted UPS again, to ask if they've been contacted by DJI, and the answer is - guess what - "I am sorry the shipment is still with the sender (DYNAFIX C.O. DJI EUROPE B.V.) still they did not contact UPS I see no investigation filed.". I don't know what to do.. will try to speak with DJI again today and will give them a deadline in which to contact UPS. But I don't know what to do if they ignore it..
2021-3-31
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This does indeed appear to be a DJI problem. By law, if your parcel is not delivered within 30 days you can demand a full refund from DJI.

By law, the onus to deliver is upon the Trader, not the Courier (who are sub-contracted BY the Trader). DJI chose to use UPS... not you. Until the item is in your hands, DJI are fully responsible for the package, and the condition of the contents. Even when you receive the package (if you receive the package!), and you find any damage to the item, DJI are liable for that damage, and must pay a refund.

Off the record: DJI can ill-afford to gain a bad reputation, having been previously blacklisted in the USA on human rights issues after (allegedly) employing drones in Muslim detention camps in the Xinjiang province. A technicality, since the USA can hardly pontificate on human rights (Guantanamo, etc). However, UPS is an American company, so... who knows. Perhaps politicians and other assorted clowns are behind this fiasco.

You could also try contacting DYNAFIX C.O. DJI EUROPE B.V directly. If they contradict UPS, then the onus will be upon DJI to prove that they have indeed shipped the item. In the case that DYNAFIX say they still have the unshipped item, you might want to insist that DJI use a different courier company to complete the transaction.

Keep all documentation (including all e-mail and SMS correspondence) as this will provide any court with an indelible time-line of events. Record all telephone conversations made to either UPS, DJI, or DYNAFIX. This is perfectly legal. You are only required by law to inform them that you are recording the call. That is all. If they remonstrate, simply continue with the conversation (and keep recording). Don't forget, they too are recording the call. These rights go both ways.

Again, there is probably an innocent reason behind the issue, and the (outsourced?) staff at DJI are merely employed to oil the wheels. On the whole, they are very friendly, helpful and respectful. In this particular matter, however, they appear to have reached the limit of their usefulness.  Regardless, this is not YOUR probem. You are not expected to wait any longer than the contract between you and DJI stipulates, and no longer than commercial law provides for.

NB: You should also take screen shots of this thread  (in case it is deleted at any time) and any others relating to DJI and UPS in which you are a participant. It is all evidence that you have attempted to resolve the issue amicably. Do not change the name of the screenshot – leave the capture time and date intact.

In all events, if the item is not with you in 30 days and in good condition, demand a full refund from DJI.
2021-4-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ikaruz Posted at 4-1 03:45
This does indeed appear to be a DJI problem. By law, if your parcel is not delivered within 30 days you can demand a full refund from DJI.

By law, the onus to deliver is upon the Trader, not the Courier (who are sub-contracted BY the Trader). DJI chose to use UPS... not you. Until the item is in your hands, DJI are fully responsible for the package, and the condition of the contents. Even when you receive the package (if you receive the package!), and you find any damage to the item, DJI are liable for that damage, and must pay a refund.

Hello, we understand your feeling and we are still investigating the parcel with our logistic team. Sorry for bringing you this service due to the abnormal transit. When we have updates and solutions, we will send you the information here.

Thank you for your patience.
2021-4-1
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dear ancillary employee,

If you had taken the time to read  the thread, as opposed to posting a knee-jerk 'scripted' response, you  would have noticed that our patience ran out some considerable time ago.  As did the credibility of SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd and/or Shenzhen DJI Sciences and Technologies Ltd.

Promises are meaningless. Action, however, you seem incapable of performing.

We put it to DJI that Prof Li Xejiang, Wang Tao and Roger Luo  (amongst others) are either inept at running a business, or directly  implicit in the problems that a large number of their customers are  experiencing.

Today's UPS notice informs us that the parcel status in unavailable. This suggests that DJI never even sent the item.

This  latest revelation will, of course, add immensely to the damages we will  be suing for; quite apart from the cost of the drone itself, together with the cost of administration to oversee this debacle.

If anyone reading this thread is experiencing similar problems they are advised to consult a lawyer or solicitor and begin collating evidence post haste.

You  have our permission to use this thread in your defence. Take screen  shots, leaving the file name intact, should the post be deleted at a  future date.

UPS Unavailable.png
2021-4-2
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Curiously,  the usual scripted responses have not tried to expllain away the above missing iinformation from UPS.

In fact, we have heard NOTHING from DJI or their legal department.

We are begiinning to suspect that DJI are implicit int he loss of the drone, if indeed it was ever sent to begin with.

The below link is from January 2019:

DJI FACES $150M LOSS AFTER EMPLOYEES COMMIT FRAUD.

It would appear that this situation continues.

We will be advising all UK and EU drone suppliers of this and other recent cases of loss, theft, or extortion by DJI.
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ikaruz Posted at 4-5 04:05
Curiously,  the usual scripted responses have not tried to expllain away the above missing iinformation from UPS.

In fact, we have heard NOTHING from DJI or their legal department.

Sorry for that case happened. I'll help to escalate your situation again. Our team will keep following up on it until the issue solved. Thanks again for your patience.
2021-4-6
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-6 01:39
Sorry for that case happened. I'll help to escalate your situation again. Our team will keep following up on it until the issue solved. Thanks again for your patience.

Once again, more lies about escalating cases. Why do you need to escalate it again? What happened the first time?

Exactly how inept and corrupt is DJI?
2021-4-6
Use props
Q_T26
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I've been going through the same issue since the 26th of Feb.. my drone has still not arrived.
I also got the same page of your last screenshot.. today it was updated and due to arrive tomorrow.. nearly 2 months..

The same excuses you had..

2021-4-14
Use props
schervenkov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

@Ikaruz what happened by the way, is there any update on your case? Did you finally received your drone or did you start a lawsuit against DJI?
2021-4-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ikaruz Posted at 4-6 06:00
Once again, more lies about escalating cases. Why do you need to escalate it again? What happened the first time?

Exactly how inept and corrupt is DJI?

We'll fully understand how you are feeling. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Please rest assured that our corresponding team will keep following up on your case until it resolved.
2021-4-16
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

schervenkov Posted at 4-16 00:12
@Ikaruz what happened by the way, is there any update on your case? Did you finally received your drone or did you start a lawsuit against DJI?

We have been communicating with an excellent representative from DJI Europe. The only 'real' support we've received throughout this whole farcical episode.  

Our contact has done everything in his power to resolve the  situation, and eventually had a second replacement sent out with some complimentary gifts thrown in... which has also not arrived.

There are several reasons why so many DJI clients are having this problem, and they can all be summed up in one acronym: UPS.

Firstly:    It would appear that DJI's problem stems from their insistence on using UPS.
Why in God's name anyone uses that disorganised, corrupt, share-holder run American joke is beyond reasonable explanation.

Secondly:
UPS attempt to pass off their utter chaos by blaming Brexit one day, Covid, another, and any other whimsical excuse that they can muster.

On the other hand, DPD, TNT, Royal Mail, and even FedEx deliveries are arriving on time. It hasn't stopped Amazon from delivering, either.

Thirdly:
ALL UPS their assignments get stuck at customs. They run their own Brokerage, a euphemism for ransom. Essentially, they hold your parcels until you cough up COD (cash on delivery) even if there is none to pay (e.g, the item is repair/return). Our guess is that if there is no money to collect on the delivery, they simply don't deliver.

Additionally, Brokerage don't contact you. In fact, there is no email or phone for them. It's more, if you didn't find out about them casually, you'd never know they were there. So you'd never know why your parcel hasn't arrived.

Fourthly:
UPS customer support is a joke (including the clowns at their trust-pilot address). Script-monkeys all, employed to feed you what you already know, and keep you away from any information that might reveal the utter chaos that reigns at UPS. the facts. A bit like governments, really.

Fifthly:
Their on-line tracking is a laugh a minute.  We received one alert that the package was due to arrive by noon. The next day, it still hadn't arrived in London. Then it's lost. Then it's not lost, but it hasn't been scanned, even though the exact tracking page shows it to have been scanned in excess of 15 times. Why would they need to scan something 15 times?

Ultimately, however, the fault lies with DJI, partly for using a courier service internationally despised and that couldn't deliver an orange peel to a waste-bin. I specifically requested that ANY other courier service be used, but DJI insisted upon using UPS again. This time, they used the the UPS World Express 'service' (are you laughing out loud?). Nothing. Same fate as the first replacement. As predicted.

Conclusion: We will have to sue DJI regardless (we're waiting just one more month, given the notable support from our DJI EU contact). We would sue UPS directly, but by law our claim is against the manufacturer/seller, not third party courier companies. I also strongly advise DJI to counterclaim against UPS, for failing to honour a contract.

The other possibility, of course , is that DJI are deliberately sending out replacements that KNOW will be returned by customs. Work it out: you pay for Care Refresh, Express Refresh, and of course the drone. Well over £1,000. How much does it cost to ship a box and have it returned unopened? Do the maths. We prefer (for now) not to go down that route, though.

Our short-term advice would be to contact a distributor or shop with some reputation and ask them for a direct contact at DJI.

That way you'll get more than a 'sorry' from a scripted 'Admin' who assume to 'know' how you are feeling.

2021-4-22
Use props
schervenkov
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Ikaruz Posted at 4-22 10:37
We have been communicating with an excellent representative from DJI Europe. The only 'real' support we've received throughout this whole farcical episode.  

Our contact has done everything in his power to resolve the  situation, and eventually had a second replacement sent out with some complimentary gifts thrown in... which has also not arrived.

Thanks for the update. So, the replacement actually didn't arrive too? Or only the complimentary gifts?
Actually I'm tired of writing every day to the support and receiving the same answers.. but at least, I do believe that at some time the case will get resolved (maybe few months later). Until then, I'll probably buy another drone tommorow, and while I'm in the shop will ask them if they have some direct contact to DJI or if they can help me in any way.

Thank you again
2021-4-22
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nothing has arrived as yet.  However, we did hear from UPS EU Escalation team, who have given us the true reason for the delay. Quote:

"[the item is...] on Customs hold because the reason for export on the commercial invoices merely states "repair". It does not specify whether the goods are being imported for repair or returned after repair, and that information is required before Customs entry can be completed. This is shipper's error as the details on Customs paperwork is incomplete."

DJI Errors.png

So all the time DJI has been blaming UPS< it turns out that DJI are the one's at fault (which we never doubted).

Have they resolved it? No.
    Have they acted on this information? No.
    Do we believe they will? No.
    Will we sue? Of course.

Here is a synopsis of the DJI 'farce' (screenshot for future reference)

12 Jul '20    Purchase Flymore Pack (£949)
18 Jul '20    Purchase Care Refresh (£79)
02 Feb '21    Drone failure.
10 Feb '21    Purchase Express Refresh (£69)
20 Feb '21    Sent for repair
11 Mar '21    Replacement sent out. Held at customs.
07 Apr '21    'Replacement' replacement sent out. Held at customs. See attached.
08 Apr '21    DJI attempt to charge £784.99 for the replacement. Rectified after X emails.     
12 Apr '21    'Replacement' replacement-replacement sent out. Held at customs.
16 Apr '21    DJI once again attempt to extort £784.99 with an almost threatening email. DJI 'apologises'.
26 Apr '21    Still no drone.
27 Apr '21    We give an ultimatum to DJI pre law-suit.
28 Apr '21    UPS Escalation Team writes to confirm that DJI failed to provide adequate documentation.

Conclusion:

We alerted DJI of shipping errors on two separate occasions. They failed (and have still failed) to act upon them.
Over two months later, UPS themselves advise us that DJI have failed to provide adequate documentation.
Since the Courier is obliged to tell DJI this as part of their contract (and not us), we have to assume that DJI are fully aware of the errors, and CHOOSE not resolve the issue.

In a court, this would look bad for DJI, given the overwhelming evidence we hold, e-mails in which they admit to being at fault, warranty receipts that they later deny, tracking information that contradicts their excuses, and other ad-hoc documentation.

The matter has (apparently) been escalated within DJI, but I am afraid that is a little too late for us.

We are offering them the option of settling out of court, which they would be strongly advised to do. The drone, and the loss in man-hours doing DJI's essential work for them needs to be recouped. Clearly we cannot, and will not, let this slide.

As I stated before, we have no ill feeling towards the employees of DJI, as we believe they are doubtless good people who make excellent products. One should always separate the workers from the organisation. It is the organisation we are suing.

On a side note, our anonymous contact at DJI EU has been extremely helpful in so as far as his capacity allows, and we must sincerely thank him for this.

ASM
2021-4-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ikaruz Posted at 4-28 11:08
Nothing has arrived as yet.  However, we did hear from UPS EU Escalation team, who have given us the true reason for the delay. Quote:

"[the item is...] on Customs hold because the reason for export on the commercial invoices merely states "repair". It does not specify whether the goods are being imported for repair or returned after repair, and that information is required before Customs entry can be completed. This is shipper's error as the details on Customs paperwork is incomplete."

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for bringing you this experience. We have confirmed the package lost and  already arranged to resend the replacement to you and our logistic team will keep an eye on the shipment.

2021-4-29
Use props
Ikaruz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dear 'Wanda',

The package is not lost – it is sitting in a warehouse waiting for DJI to provide the correct paperwork.

Try to stay focused, and read posts before replying.

Besides, this has gone way beyond simply sending out a 'fourth' attempted replacement.

Thank you for exasperating our patience.

For other, more alert followers:

We received an email, apparently from the Escalation and Complaint Department (all DJI emails look the same).

In reponse, we have given DJI a one week grace period to afford their legal department time to respond with a 'meaningful' offer for the time and expense incurred whilst investigating their case for them; something a client/customer should never have to do.

ASM
2021-4-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ikaruz Posted at 4-29 03:18
Dear 'Wanda',

The package is not lost – it is sitting in a warehouse waiting for DJI to provide the correct paperwork.

Hello there, sorry for bringing you any confusion on the previous conversation. We have already contacted with the courier and logistic team and decided to resend another replacement for you as the customs cannot guarantee what time will they release the parcel. We will keep an eye on the new replacement and let you know the up to date information.

2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_BPeOec452A3H
New
United Kingdom

Ikaruz Posted at 3-30 02:05

Happy to sue you.

Having same problem with no one from so called dedicated team giving support

2021-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BPeOec452A3H Posted at 5-29 08:36
Having same problem with no one from so called dedicated team giving support

Hi there, as per checking, the shipping label had been sent to you and the invoice files are attached. Please print the label and files and paste them on the package for shipping.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
2021-5-29
Use props
djiuser_BPeOec452A3H
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 5-29 19:43
Hi there, as per checking, the shipping label had been sent to you and the invoice files are attached. Please print the label and files and paste them on the package for shipping.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

There is a shipping lable and a sample commercial invoice but no relevant commercial invoice
2021-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BPeOec452A3H Posted at 5-31 11:19
There is a shipping lable and a sample commercial invoice but no relevant commercial invoice

Hi, could you please send the screenshot of the commercial invoice you received to us via email at support@dji.com to double confirm?
I will ask the team to resend the invoice to you as well.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules